Pangea

tumbles

30 minutes ago, stuie said:

I would be amazed if that's the case.

I think there will be performers, dancers, moving parts and lots of pyro.

They wouldn’t have time to rehearse though? If it’s never been together as an installation, the performers won’t be used to it? 

1 minute ago, Skelts said:

They wouldn’t have time to rehearse though? If it’s never been together as an installation, the performers won’t be used to it? 

I suppose we dont know that it hasn't been sitting in situ in a warehouse in London for the past few months. 

23 minutes ago, Skelts said:

It’s difficult to guess when we don’t know what it is really... but it’s possible they rehearsing parts of it somewhere else to bring it together on the farm. 

I reckon they usually do full rehearsals on site anyway... 

57 minutes ago, stuie said:

I would be amazed if that's the case.

I think there will be performers, dancers, moving parts and lots of pyro.

They cancelled their London festival to fully focus on their Glastonbury 'show' and there's no way they'll want anyone to think that this new creation is sub-standard to the spider.

No of course not but there's only so much you can do with an installation that's never been used. Don't think they had capacity to do two massive events and glasto gets prioroty!

I don't think it will be substandard at all and will be amazing but even the spider didn't have the main show till a year or so in. That was still mind blowing in its first year! This year they have to transport it and build it for the first time and build all the infastructure for the music and AV and get all that right. 

I do expect lots of pyro tho ?

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

It’s difficult to guess when we don’t know what it is really... but it’s possible they rehearsing parts of it somewhere else to bring it together on the farm. 

I reckon they usually do full rehearsals on site anyway... 

They can only do rehearsal s when it's build at shows. By that I mean the full show with the structure set up. The slider needed a massive crane which cost loads Amazing really what the performers do in the limited time they have on the actual installation to practoce

3 minutes ago, bigbilly said:

They can only do rehearsal s when it's build at shows. By that I mean the full show with the structure set up. The slider needed a massive crane which cost loads Amazing really what the performers do in the limited time they have on the actual installation to practoce

We’ll just have to wait and see but I’m pretty sure there will be a show. Arcadia itself has evolved since the spider, they are now a full production company. 

Back in the afterburner days it was just about the stage and music but they’ve moved on from that.

The Reactor was brand new for London but it still had performance.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thinking outloud here could the get involved bit be something to do with festival goers providing some kind of eco power ... like a giant hamster ball / or treadmill ? the get involved won't be mobile phones ... thats the last way that people get involved !! 

I think it all comes down to what someone said earlier on here... 

29DB41A6-F857-4622-A6FB-BF2BA7AB0D42.jpeg

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, stuie said:

We’ll just have to wait and see but I’m pretty sure there will be a show. Arcadia itself has evolved since the spider, they are now a full production company. 

Back in the afterburner days it was just about the stage and music but they’ve moved on from that.

The Reactor was brand new for London but it still had performance.

Yeah me too. There’s been too much hype and they have a lot to live up to, even if this is the genesis of the new installation. 

Really excited to see it in a few weeks!

7 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

I think it all comes down to what someone said earlier on here... 

29DB41A6-F857-4622-A6FB-BF2BA7AB0D42.jpeg

Sounds like it's going to be really interesting. I guess it will have some flexibility in what exactly it's capable of, as it seems they are crowd sourcing ideas.

Once we see what it is, perhaps they are hoping the community comes up with some innovative ideas for how exactly it's used in 2020/future.

3 hours ago, bigbilly said:

I think the first year will be about going through the logistics of actually building the new structure and getting that up and running for the first time so id expect it to be quite stripped back in terms the type of show they do. So I dont expect a metamorphosis type spectacle. However just the actual structure will be immense and probably mind blowing in its on right for the first time.  

As the years progress with this installation I would imagine they will develop the show to accompany the new installation. Obviously at this stage its never been built for a show before so until its all up and built they cant start to hang people of it although I'm sure they know what the long term plan is.

Id be surprised if the get involved aspect involves the use of phones or any kind of audience interaction during the festival. Arcadia is all about the crowd been together as one so I cant see them asking people to be staring at phones and not in the sky.  I read the get involved bit to be to send them suggestions of how they can develop the area over the next few years. 

The cynic in me suspects the "2019 get dreaming, 2020 get involved" bit combined with the cancellation of their other commitments due to clearly being behind schedule with their Glastonbury work might suggest that the work is not as far advanced as they had hoped. 

The default cynic in me generally gets put in a box and left there until after the festival. 

This looks exciting as fuck!!!

And the fact that there may be an interactive / crowd involvement aspect to it going forward just makes it even better, whatever that may be. 

To start from scratch, to have to prove yourself, to take that risk, to have that creativity and determination...to have your ideas / dream / concept come alive (while bringing such pleasure to people and becoming such an iconic part of Glastonbury), well, fucking hell, how amazing is that???!!! 

Good bloody luck to them!

I hope they pull it off, whatever this new ‘thing’ is.

After all, it’s us very lucky buggers who benefit.

Hyped-Level now stratospheric!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Woffy said:

The default cynic in me generally gets put in a box and left there until after the festival. 

This looks exciting as fuck!!!

And the fact that there may be an interactive / crowd involvement aspect to it going forward just makes it even better, whatever that may be. 

To start from scratch, to have to prove yourself, to take that risk, to have that creativity and determination...to have your ideas / dream / concept come alive (while bringing such pleasure to people and becoming such an iconic part of Glastonbury), well, fucking hell, how amazing is that???!!! 

Good bloody luck to them!

I hope they pull it off, whatever this new ‘thing’ is.

After all, it’s us very lucky buggers who benefit.

Hyped-Level now stratospheric!

Exactly. This will be amazing and grow every year and evolve like all their other stuff. This is the first year or a new era. I think block 9 the pier and the new arcadia is gonna blow our lucky minds! 

6 minutes ago, bigbilly said:

Exactly. This will be amazing and grow every year and evolve like all their other stuff. This is the first year or a new era. I think block 9 the pier and the new arcadia is gonna blow our lucky minds! 

It does seem that there's lots of new creative stuff going on. The kind of stuff that sets the big G apart from other festivals.