Pangea

tumbles

1 minute ago, suzie sue said:

Looks like it will be an evolving thing, maybe pangea referring to the shifting continents. Blank canvas in the sky is pretty exciting. Maybe a bunch of screens that get moved around with the crowd able to change what’s projected?

I mean I was just thinking a pterodactyl but this is waaaay better! 

21 minutes ago, hmmmloddy said:

This is SO goddam exciting. I just posted this before seeing you already had. Speculations on what the email address is going to be used for??

Maybe the email address is going to be used to send them photos, etc as part of an interactive experience during the shows? I suppose they could do this through social media channels. Probably just for future developments, maybe the resurrection of their own festival following this year's cancellation

6 minutes ago, timbrass said:

If they build this moving thing then its going to be amazing!image.thumb.png.816e89b9c265c310e073846d2cf0acb4.png

They already did.  It was at Arcadia London last year.  It's controlled by a guy sitting inside it.

8 minutes ago, MJP said:

It was part of Metamorphosis at Glasto 2017 too.

I thought it might have been but my memory of two years ago is fuzzy! 

Does anyone think that there may be a chance The Reactor will appear as a second stage?  I guess it would be on the map by now if it was going to be there.

43 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

2019 GET DREAMING.....
2020 GET INVOLVED.....

What does this mean? That we're only getting part of it this year?

I took that to mean it will evolve, as the afterburner and the spider did, with contributions in some form or other from hundreds of people. 

5 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I took that to mean it will evolve, as the afterburner and the spider did, with contributions in some form or other from hundreds of people. 

I’m wondering if part or all of the structure will remain year round 

57 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

2019 GET DREAMING.....
2020 GET INVOLVED.....

What does this mean? That we're only getting part of it this year?

I was confused by this as well, if it wasn't for the fact that we know they are definitely doing something this year, then i'd be thinking we're getting nothing but a suggestions box!

Incredibly excited by the video though, actually made my hairs stand on end. 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Maybe the email address is going to be used to send them photos, etc as part of an interactive experience during the shows? I suppose they could do this through social media channels. Probably just for future developments, maybe the resurrection of their own festival following this year's cancellation

I'm all for audience participation but hope it doesn't lead to lots of people standing around and staring at their phones instead of the show and each other.

1 minute ago, hmmmloddy said:

I'm all for audience participation but hope it doesn't lead to lots of people standing around and staring at their phones instead of the show and each other.

This doesn't need any encouragement. My biggest annoyance is someone watching a gig through their bloody iPhone. 

12 minutes ago, dccool said:

This doesn't need any encouragement. My biggest annoyance is someone watching a gig through their bloody iPhone. 

I don't mind a *quick* photo or video if it's a real moment for you. But I do totally object to people filming double digit minutes of a set when their phone is getting my own eyeline. TBF Arcadia is a spectacle so there will be a fair amount of snaps being taken. My worry is more if there will be a visual prompt for people to email while a show is going on: half the crowd will be eyes down trying to make their phones do the thing.

I think the first year will be about going through the logistics of actually building the new structure and getting that up and running for the first time so id expect it to be quite stripped back in terms the type of show they do. So I dont expect a metamorphosis type spectacle. However just the actual structure will be immense and probably mind blowing in its on right for the first time.  

As the years progress with this installation I would imagine they will develop the show to accompany the new installation. Obviously at this stage its never been built for a show before so until its all up and built they cant start to hang people of it although I'm sure they know what the long term plan is.

Id be surprised if the get involved aspect involves the use of phones or any kind of audience interaction during the festival. Arcadia is all about the crowd been together as one so I cant see them asking people to be staring at phones and not in the sky.  I read the get involved bit to be to send them suggestions of how they can develop the area over the next few years. 

The hype for this is unreal, and seems to have spread far and wide beyond this board. Assuming they still have a nightly "spectacular show", I'd be a bit worried about overcrowding on the first night!

Unless they decide to make it clash with the pyramid headliners to divide the crowd, I can't imagine anyone who isn't going to want to be there to see what happens.

7 minutes ago, Sku said:

The hype for this is unreal, and seems to have spread far and wide beyond this board. Assuming they still have a nightly "spectacular show", I'd be a bit worried about overcrowding on the first night!

Unless they decide to make it clash with the pyramid headliners to divide the crowd, I can't imagine anyone who isn't going to want to be there to see what happens.

My feeling is they will go with Dj's for the first year and the show will be pretty minimal (although as a spectacle it will still be amazing). Will prob have some fire on it as standard and wicked visuals but I don't think there will be a full on show with performers . That will develop over the next couple of years once they have built it for real and worked out how best to use it. 

9 minutes ago, bigbilly said:

My feeling is they will go with Dj's for the first year and the show will be pretty minimal (although as a spectacle it will still be amazing). Will prob have some fire on it as standard and wicked visuals but I don't think there will be a full on show with performers . That will develop over the next couple of years once they have built it for real and worked out how best to use it. 

I would be amazed if that's the case.

I think there will be performers, dancers, moving parts and lots of pyro.

They cancelled their London festival to fully focus on their Glastonbury 'show' and there's no way they'll want anyone to think that this new creation is sub-standard to the spider.

Thinking outloud here could the get involved bit be something to do with festival goers providing some kind of eco power ... like a giant hamster ball / or treadmill ? the get involved won't be mobile phones ... thats the last way that people get involved !!