What alcohol do you bring?

FestiZebra

Will have some IPA's in our electric icebox (12v adaptor in the car for the journey down) with some ice, and home made sangria for my wife frozen solid to melt gently over the first couple of days.   A wine box for the wife and I to share after the IPA and sangrias have run out, and I don't fancy anything from the bars.  Will probably take some bourbon as well.

Will also have buckfast, obviously 

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

This is a great reminder for me to ask - does the co-op sell red bull and if so is it only single cans or can you get multipacks? If its single cans we'd probably bring a slab of the dreaded blue spark from tescos or something.

They sell individual red bull at the bars too right? any idea how much? Also are there small off licenses around the site for cigs/vapes - Boardmasters had one last year and i've never really seen one before at a festival.

I can’t remember if the bars sell Red Bull but I’ve definitely had Monster and think it was £3.50. I would also presume the co-op sell crates of energy drink as they told multi-pack of tonic

The little shops which are in between some of the food stalls sell cigs and from memory there isn’t much mark-up.

Can’t comment on Vape shops but I would imagine there’ll be plenty of trade this year.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

about 30 cans of frozen cider packed into a cool box surrounded by ice cubes ..... this year as im on the bus I need to do this a day early so im thinking I might use my work walk in freezer and freeze a load of cans and make a solid lump of ice surrounding them by filling the gaps with water .... should still be fine on the sunday ... probably take some rum too 

You’ll be struggling to break into it the first few days 

I usually take about 20 cans of cider, 5 or 6 pre mixed spirit & mixer cans (Malibu and pineapple ones are good) and a litre or so of spiced rum. This time I'll be stewarding so will have to either be sober for part of the time, or not be too pissed/hungover for my next shift, so I'm planning to take much less. I'm actually pretty excited about not being disgustingly hungover every day 🤣

Volunteering this year so will be on site on the Monday.

Planning a couple of cases of Guiness, case of cider, Litre of Vodka, box of wine and bottle of Kahlua (white Russians)

Driving with a decent cool box so hopefully keep most of the cans drinkable till the Sunday. 

Will obviously purchase a few cold ones along the way

33 minutes ago, Divein said:

I can’t remember if the bars sell Red Bull but I’ve definitely had Monster and think it was £3.50. I would also presume the co-op sell crates of energy drink as they told multi-pack of tonic

The little shops which are in between some of the food stalls sell cigs and from memory there isn’t much mark-up.

Can’t comment on Vape shops but I would imagine there’ll be plenty of trade this year.

Thanks very much -  think we'll just take own brand energy drinks as not to risk it. Cigs strangely never have a mark up at all at festivals, at Latitude it was cheaper than most of London!

23 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Might try and locate some Newcastle Brown Ale in cans to get through during Sam Fender, are they a thing? can only recall the Bottles 

https://groceries.morrisons.com/products/newcastle-brown-ale-cans-217701011?gclid=CjwKCAjwrqqSBhBbEiwAlQeqGoyZ4CWdndWOEOy7tKaHSID4HSao-br8GPmFSNgTOAbyk_pexU5awhoC3DcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gfa said:

This is a great reminder for me to ask - does the co-op sell red bull and if so is it only single cans or can you get multipacks? If its single cans we'd probably bring a slab of the dreaded blue spark from tescos or something.

They sell individual red bull at the bars too right? any idea how much? Also are there small off licenses around the site for cigs/vapes - Boardmasters had one last year and i've never really seen one before at a festival.

Don't know about what the Co-op sells on site.  I do know that in the past the places selling cigs were charging an arm and a leg for brands you'd never heard of.  If you're a smoker I'd definitely take a good stock of your own.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Bought filter papers, chewing gum and a boost bar at the little off licence. He made eye contact with me, knew exactly what I was doing, and offered me a pack of jammy Dodgers to round it up to a fiver. A great time was had at chemical brothers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

about 30 cans of frozen cider packed into a cool box surrounded by ice cubes ..... this year as im on the bus I need to do this a day early so im thinking I might use my work walk in freezer and freeze a load of cans and make a solid lump of ice surrounding them by filling the gaps with water .... should still be fine on the sunday ... probably take some rum too 

Well jealous at access to a walk-in freezer - that makes coolbox preparation so much easier! 🙂

To solve the unbreakable iceberg of booze challenge I'd suggest making your ice block leaving space for a single layer of chilled but not frozen cans on top for the first day or two.

Depending on how good your coolbox is a big ice block might not even have defrosted enough to get cans out after 2 or 3 days... I spoke to a South African chap once who swore by the Coleman Extreme ones - back home he used to use two of them for extended camping trips, one chilled and one frozen solid. He reckoned the frozen one apparently took 5+ days to defrost in 30 degree heat, and stayed fridge cold for a fair while longer.

Partly down to that recommendation I have a Coleman Extreme myself - it's bloody good. Drinks were still cold on the Sunday of 2013, after leaving home Tuesday afternoon.