What alcohol do you bring?

FestiZebra

13 hours ago, morph100 said:

Crate of pear cider

crate of beer (red stripe)

box of red wine

bottle of tequila

sherbet lemon vodka

poss some Ale but maybe just buy that on site. 

curious to this - where do you get red stripe crates from!

1 minute ago, Twiggy553 said:

An off licence would definitely sell you a whole slab if you asked.

I did just that last time - My mate lives in Brum and is good mates with some guys who run an off-licence. He sold me 4 crates of £24 at £25 a pop. Winner!

Edited by David_303

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Wholesalers. Booker down the road from us has it. 

Ah i think i can't do that

1 hour ago, Twiggy553 said:

An off licence would definitely sell you a whole slab if you asked.

Probably more expensive than a cash and carry though.

Theres one near me that did pint cans, was like £6.50 for 4 though

1 hour ago, David_303 said:

£28 is a bloody good price. 

£35 once you add shipping. I can get for just over £4 in the co-op

13 hours ago, gfa said:

curious to this - where do you get red stripe crates from!

Bargain booze. I convince myself it designed to stay cold longer and be nicer warmer due to be Jamaican when in fact it’s probably exactly the same as other lager 🙂

3 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Bargain booze. I convince myself it designed to stay cold longer and be nicer warmer due to be Jamaican when in fact it’s probably exactly the same as other lager 🙂

What kind of crate is it? A slab of 24 or like a 10 pack? I've seen 18 packs of 330ml at Aldi before

On 4/18/2022 at 1:52 PM, Leyrulion said:

Oooo Easter weekend has me considering not drinking until Glastonbury.

a good target, but there's a double bank holiday for queen-related reasons on june 2 and 3, and you should factor this into your workings! 

I think we'll be bringing some boxed ciders, anyone know best places to purchase? Are they sold in supermarkets? 

And, any ideas and suggestions on what cocktails I premix at home that will travel well etc. I will have a cool box in the trailer tent to keep everything nice and cool. 

34 minutes ago, Lesley2337 said:

I think we'll be bringing some boxed ciders, anyone know best places to purchase? Are they sold in supermarkets? 

And, any ideas and suggestions on what cocktails I premix at home that will travel well etc. I will have a cool box in the trailer tent to keep everything nice and cool. 

Tesco has one, its hideous i think it was inches (although its not on their site currently)

I found this westons one though - https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/311260792

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting topic gang snd some intriguing suggestions.  First few years we took shit  loads of Stella on a sack barrow but it was a pain to drag in and I was sick of it by Saturday. Every year it’s become fewer cans and more spirits, buying soft drinks and ice at the site. I reckon this year I’ll take spiced rum with some ginger beer, some good lager/cider cans and a decent single malt for the hip flask. And maybe a bottle of Bucky….

Tip for what to avoid, screwdrivers. I had a genius idea one year to get 4 pint bottles of OJ, drink about 1/3 of each, top up with vodka, then freeze them. Worked great as ice packs in the cool box for 2 days, then on Friday whilst still cold we took them out with us. Went to the acoustic tent around 5pm (Ricky Ross I think?) and 30 minutes in I had a lie down. Woke up 2 hrs later, mates had fucked off and I was surrounded by a forest of wellies. Confused doesn’t cover it. Then the abundance of fruit juice gave me the raging shits. Bad day.

• Upvote 2