What alcohol do you bring?

FestiZebra

This year it's:

- 10 stubby cans of Rekorderlig

- 20 stubby cans of pale ale           

- 70cl Bulleit Bourbon (on ice or with splash of coke)

- 70cl Bathtub Gin (with pineapple juice, or tonic with a splash of Robinson's Orange & Mango - thank me later)             

- 70cl Vanilla & Pineapple Tequila

- 375ml Werthers Vodka

- Coke, pineapple juice, mini tonic cans, 2x Robinsons Orange & Mango

44 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

This year it's:

- 10 stubby cans of Rekorderlig

- 20 stubby cans of pale ale           

- 70cl Bulleit Bourbon (on ice or with splash of coke)

- 70cl Bathtub Gin (with pineapple juice, or tonic with a splash of Robinson's Orange & Mango - thank me later)             

- 70cl Vanilla & Pineapple Tequila

- 375ml Werthers Vodka

- Coke, pineapple juice, mini tonic cans, 2x Robinsons Orange & Mango

I reckon I'd have cleared that by Friday afternoon!

On a serious note: has anyone any experience with booze and worthy view? I've just seen it states that spirits are not allowed... surely not that strict if in plastic bottles?

1 hour ago, Lakey91 said:

On a serious note: has anyone any experience with booze and worthy view? I've just seen it states that spirits are not allowed... surely not that strict if in plastic bottles?

Often the case that I kid myself thinking this'll be enough, come Saturday morning I'm wishing I brought more, especially after dishing out the shots. Accounting for more spending money this year. I need to explore this Grimbergen rumour in T&C Fields 

On 4/5/2022 at 10:48 AM, BambooShanks said:

It definitely does the trick.  It can turn a monk into a madman.

I might be a bit more reserved this year due to going on a coach and hangovers becoming down right evil and incapacitating these days but I reckon between me and Mrs Shanks, we'll have 

1ltr of Spiced rum

2ltrs of vodka and a bottle of Kahlua for White Russians / Espresso martinis

Case of Shipyard.

That should cover us for the weekend!

In Waitrose at Gordano services yesterday I discovered this: 

08C55674-71CA-4D42-8DAF-F9B0DB66DD8C.thumb.jpeg.87d612430a5943d8f34a1d5d4bbd1b19.jpeg

and this morning in Tesco I found this: 

98BF0A17-A90B-4C20-8B3F-BE22AA11C71E.thumb.jpeg.7d292d8771966b5d60712cf28b424a73.jpeg

definitely adding to my list. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

08C55674-71CA-4D42-8DAF-F9B0DB66DD8C.thumb.jpeg.87d612430a5943d8f34a1d5d4bbd1b19.jpeg

98BF0A17-A90B-4C20-8B3F-BE22AA11C71E.thumb.jpeg.7d292d8771966b5d60712cf28b424a73.jpeg

In the interests of road testing this I had one this afternoon. Had very little sleep on Friday as Mrs B and Baby B are both ill and I’ve been looking after them. Tiring day yesterday too, plus 4-5 beers (not enough for a hangover but could tell I’d had them). This morning I had left over Chinese for breakfast. All slightly simulates feeling rough at Glastonbury. 
Anyway, I took the Kahlua branded can in the van when we went out and chilled it in the fridge, but didn’t get it too cold. I then carried it around on my pocket on the beach for an hour or so and opened it when we got back to the van. Tasted ok from the can, but not brilliant so I poured it into a steel pint glass… delicious and refreshing! Perked me up a treat. Would recommend. 92B8A85F-D535-47A0-B8D1-8602817CD753.thumb.jpeg.ebc70dbef2e4657ab6409d2b819c379a.jpegA7AAE32D-3EA2-49ED-A36B-9254CC0642FE.thumb.jpeg.6f04f98922e919aef291dc2d5f8c1991.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

In the interests of road testing this I had one this afternoon.

Probably not the best way to try alcoholic drinks!

I think I might get some kahlua for proper white russians at the festival

12 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

In the interests of road testing this I had one this afternoon. Had very little sleep on Friday as Mrs B and Baby B are both ill and I’ve been looking after them. Tiring day yesterday too, plus 4-5 beers (not enough for a hangover but could tell I’d had them). This morning I had left over Chinese for breakfast. All slightly simulates feeling rough at Glastonbury. 
Anyway, I took the Kahlua branded can in the van when we went out and chilled it in the fridge, but didn’t get it too cold. I then carried it around on my pocket on the beach for an hour or so and opened it when we got back to the van. Tasted ok from the can, but not brilliant so I poured it into a steel pint glass… delicious and refreshing! Perked me up a treat. Would recommend. 92B8A85F-D535-47A0-B8D1-8602817CD753.thumb.jpeg.ebc70dbef2e4657ab6409d2b819c379a.jpegA7AAE32D-3EA2-49ED-A36B-9254CC0642FE.thumb.jpeg.6f04f98922e919aef291dc2d5f8c1991.jpeg

You Sir are a genius!

I was literally looking at those exact two drinks over the last couple of days.

Thanks for the road testing!

Now all I need is Bloody Mary in a can and I’m sorted

This big taste test of various cocktails etc in cans in the Grauniad might help those of us after more than just beer/cider: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/apr/07/canned-cocktail-extravaganza-critics-rate-100-summer-drinks-from-pina-colada-to-merlot

Pocket Negronis get 5/5!

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

This big taste test of various cocktails etc in cans in the Grauniad might help those of us after more than just beer/cider: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/apr/07/canned-cocktail-extravaganza-critics-rate-100-summer-drinks-from-pina-colada-to-merlot

Pocket Negronis get 5/5!

Thank you for sharing this. I usually go for M&S due to their strength, but have found quite a few things on that list to try 😃

I’ve always taken a hip flask of rum out with me at night and added it into 500ml bottles of coke bought from food stands throughout the night. Less to carry and te coke is always cold.

Was a great system but will have to rethink now plastic bottles are banned. I think vendors can still sell cans so will probably carry a refillable plastic bottle and buy cans to mix with the rum.

On 4/10/2022 at 6:35 PM, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

You Sir are a genius!

I was literally looking at those exact two drinks over the last couple of days.

Thanks for the road testing!

Now all I need is Bloody Mary in a can and I’m sorted

You talk my language. 

18 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

I’ve always taken a hip flask of rum out with me at night and added it into 500ml bottles of coke bought from food stands throughout the night. Less to carry and te coke is always cold.

Was a great system but will have to rethink now plastic bottles are banned. I think vendors can still sell cans so will probably carry a refillable plastic bottle and buy cans to mix with the rum.

For what my advice is worth, use an insulated bottle - buy some ice from the co-op and dependent on your frame of mind either put your rum or soft drink in there and top up accordingly. I found even in the heat of 2019, the ice lasted well.

On 4/10/2022 at 1:58 PM, blutarsky said:

will definitely look out for the kahlua one! but my god i've had the Funkin one before and it was foul to me, was just all sweetness and none of the coffee taste you expect/want. but i must admit these are light and easy to carry so i will be looking at the other types! 

On 4/8/2022 at 11:46 PM, Lakey91 said:

We’ve always taken spirits into WV, I either use a Glastonbury metal bottle or a collapsible camping bottle to decant them into. Spiced rum is my main choice

16 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Does anyone make a passable white russian in a can?

Seems unlikely due to the milk - and even if they did it would be questionable at best drinking it after a few hours on the farm.

Has/does anyone successfully bring any pre-sliced lemon and lime with them? I really want to nail the byob part of things this year so was going to try and bring some. At home I actually slice them up and bung them in the freezer as I never actually manage to use them all in one go or one weekend so they’re just go to waste, and they work well used later on down the line. Was thinking of pre-slicing a load, freezing, then filling a mini cool box with then, then maybe top up with ice from co-op as the weekend goes on to keep them in a semi fresh state. Wouldn’t mind bringing some celery for bloody Mary’s but not sure that would hold up as well. Then got to think about transporting them round for the day, maybe a Tupperware box?

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

32 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Has/does anyone successfully bring any pre-sliced lemon and lime with them? I really want to nail the byob part of things this year so was going to try and bring some. At home I actually slice them up and bung them in the freezer as I never actually manage to use them all in one go or one weekend so they’re just go to waste, and they work well used later on down the line. Was thinking of pre-slicing a load, freezing, then filling a mini cool box with then, then maybe top up with ice from co-op as the weekend goes on to keep them in a semi fresh state. Wouldn’t mind bringing some celery for bloody Mary’s but not sure that would hold up as well. Then got to think about transporting them round for the day, maybe a Tupperware box?

Last time I took an actual lemon and just cut off what I needed. A few odd looks but I wouldn't change it!