What alcohol do you bring?

FestiZebra

2 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Will be interesting to see if they've tried to make a dent on the single use plastic on the food items this year as they hadn't past time.

All the packaging was 100% compostable or recyclable apparently:

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2019/jun/25/co-op-to-trial-100-compostable-wrappers-at-glastonbury

3 hours ago, tigertoo said:

We usually take 2 to 3 red wine pouches/boxes, 

G&T cans

hip flasks of rum and ameretto, both nice for adding to late night coffee/hot choc.

I just saw the Travelman episode in Basque the other night where they apparently have red wine mixed with coke !! then I noticed it listed on here ..... I had no idea it was a thing.

It doesnt sound like a nice thing, but I'm intrigued !

It’s delicious! 

Tried Lilt and spiced rum this evening. Also delicious! 🏝 

I usually take a big plastic bottle of whiskey and put some into a smaller bottle to take out each day.  Then get cans of coke from the ice cream vans dotted around as and when I need them.  They're always cold and never much of a queue 😀

Edited by nusha
added a bit

14 hours ago, tigertoo said:

We usually take 2 to 3 red wine pouches/boxes, 

G&T cans

hip flasks of rum and ameretto, both nice for adding to late night coffee/hot choc.

I just saw the Travelman episode in Basque the other night where they apparently have red wine mixed with coke !! then I noticed it listed on here ..... I had no idea it was a thing.

It doesnt sound like a nice thing, but I'm intrigued !

This finished me off at NYE a few years ago. Definitely won't taste nice after 4 days in a warm tent.

14 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

As others have said I'm convinced last time the coop was cans only. They had a hard enough time keeping it stacked with the little cans everyone was buying.

Will be interesting to see if they've tried to make a dent on the single use plastic on the food items this year as they hadn't past time.

It was their first year at glastonbury, they probably had teething issues at other festivals in the past too. The one at Reading is rammed from 9am to 12 midnight every day and open 7am-3am and is always full of stock.

Genuine question though as it seems a bit mixed responses: What mixers did the co-op sell?? (also did they do meal deals)

1 minute ago, incident said:

They did the usual co-op meal deal. I think it might have been like 20p more than in the real world, but still a relative bargain.

I think Reading had them at £4.50 last year and real world one went up 25p a few months ago to £3.75, so wouldn't be surprised if its £4.99 or £5 honestly. Relative bargain is what its all about anyway.

20 minutes ago, gfa said:

This finished me off at NYE a few years ago. Definitely won't taste nice after 4 days in a warm tent.

It was their first year at glastonbury, they probably had teething issues at other festivals in the past too. The one at Reading is rammed from 9am to 12 midnight every day and open 7am-3am and is always full of stock.

Genuine question though as it seems a bit mixed responses: What mixers did the co-op sell?? (also did they do meal deals)

Found a picture:

Glastonbury-2019-co-op-inside.jpg?resize

Orange juice, apple juice, coca cola, Coke zero. You can just about make out lemonade behind the cola and I'm sure they had tonic.

Food wise they also had bread, milk, biscuits, meal deals. 

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Found a picture:

Orange juice, apple juice, coca cola, Coke zero. You can just about make out lemonade behind the cola and I'm sure they had tonic.

I'm surprised by this - the one at Reading/Latitude/IOW were merely tents! They had the DJ too right?

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Found a picture:

Were prices similar to what you'd expect in a normal co-op? Or were they extortionate

4 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Surely some traders sell it? Ice cream vans? 

Walked from SEC to Darble in 2017 and pretty much the whole site, and not one place sold it, ice cream van, food trader or shop. Pretty sure that whole walk was recorded on my mate's GoPro too, took about 2 hours as it was 6am and we were pretty spangled. Plus I was dressed as a mermaid. I had a real calling for a can of Rio or Lilt and couldn't find one anywhere, not for the want of trying. 

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

I'm surprised by this - the one at Reading/Latitude/IOW were merely tents! They had the DJ too right?

Don't remember a DJ, only recorded music.

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Were prices similar to what you'd expect in a normal co-op? Or were they extortionate

A mark up from usual prices but not extortionate. The £3.50 meal deal was about £4.50. 

I think the 1L of orange was about £2, although I can't really remember.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Don't remember a DJ, only recorded music.

That's a shame - all the other festival co-ops i've been to have a proper dj all day long, good fun. Imagine they did secret sets in the co-op, would be fantastic although might hinder sales!

12 hours ago, blutarsky said:

It’s delicious! 

Tried Lilt and spiced rum this evening. Also delicious! 🏝 

Well I might just have to get over myself and try it 😁

I like the spiced rum and lilt recommendation better though 😁😁

Another point I need to bear in mind this year is ABV in relation to weather. Last time I took too much 4.1% pale ale thinking I’d be able to chug loads and not get too pissed but because it was so hot and I was drinking gallons of water I struggled to get pissed at all! Had to supplement with strong ciders from the cider bus which did the job!

12 minutes ago, plot2pot said:

Another point I need to bear in mind this year is ABV in relation to weather. Last time I took too much 4.1% pale ale thinking I’d be able to chug loads and not get too pissed but because it was so hot and I was drinking gallons of water I struggled to get pissed at all! Had to supplement with strong ciders from the cider bus which did the job!

Haha yeah I was exactly the same, don't think I got pissed once because after a few beers I'd drink a litre of water. Tried my best watching bootleg Beatles by chugging 4 punk IPA's but even then the water cancelled out the beer 🍻🍻🍻

5 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

One of my favourites that. Don’t know how well it’d transfer as a warm can at Glasto tho

I bought myself a portable fridge DOMETIC CombiCool RC 2200 for my campervan so I should be ok for the first few beers 🤞

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, joeruss said:

Anyone taken a cooler rucksack for Glasto before? Are they worth it?

In 2019 I took a load of nice IPAs with me and most of them ended up undrinkable due to being so warm..

I’ve been using one for a number of years, I find it pretty good for the first couple of days. After that need to start getting some ice to throw in (inside a leak proof plastic bag of course).

Biggest issue is the bulk of it when carrying round for the day.