What alcohol do you bring?

FestiZebra

On 5/20/2022 at 3:19 PM, CauliflowerEar said:

'intel'? Its not a war mate. Just bring whatever you want, searches are cursory at best. Worst comes to worst, go to the bar for your fizzy pop. 

I just get bottles of coke from the ice cream vans, easy peasy. 

On 6/2/2022 at 3:20 PM, Ronseal said:

update: these are absolutely peng, definitely recommend

theyre only 125ml but they’re so good if you’re looking for an espresso martini in a can!

2A334DC8-C589-44B5-B176-C53A6A6EB9DF.thumb.jpeg.2b08b86f7b0dc14eee8fa87c9f6c23ef.jpeg

Just had the mojito from these people and it's outstanding most bar like think I've had in a can.

On 5/28/2022 at 11:38 AM, Amnesic_Toad said:

Looks like there's currently 20% off if you use the code 'LETSCHAT20' - 12 cans for £31.20 shipped (£2.60 each) or 24 cans for £57.60 (£2.40 each) - cheaper than anywhere else / the Tesco 4 for 3 deal!

Just took advantage of this offer cheers.

On 6/2/2022 at 4:25 PM, bennyboi said:

Going with a selection of nicer stuff

18 Stella 

Isn't that a contradiction? 😉😂

I'm joking of course, lots of people rate Stella highly, I just 'really really' don't like it. 🙂 

Going to change it up this year with spirit and mixers, no beer or cider. 

I don't tend to get as smashed and will support the bars for the cold ones. 

Recommendations for tried and tested combinations welcome 🙂

Edited by joeltg

21 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Isn't that a contradiction? 😉😂

I'm joking of course, lots of people rate Stella highly, I just 'really really' don't like it. 🙂 

If your lager is going to be warm stella is one of the better ones

Seriously considering sacking off beer completely - straight spirits with that super strength squash in those squeezy bottles might be the way forward. Too many times i've needed a piss mid headline set.

Howdy, need some guidance on how to keep herself happy. She likes her nice white wine so what tips and tricks have people got for having it relatively cool during the day??

I reckon I can keep it cool in the camper and am thinking my best bet is a Thermos flask if I chill it well overnight with ice water.

Any other suggestions welcome? I'll be on cans of cider so will survive and switch to bars in the evening.

Cheers!

23 minutes ago, Traco said:

Howdy, need some guidance on how to keep herself happy. She likes her nice white wine so what tips and tricks have people got for having it relatively cool during the day??

I reckon I can keep it cool in the camper and am thinking my best bet is a Thermos flask if I chill it well overnight with ice water.

Any other suggestions welcome? I'll be on cans of cider so will survive and switch to bars in the evening.

Cheers!

I asked about bottles and beakers not long ago and got some great recommendations, including ones that people recommend for keeping things cool for as long as possible... 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Hey @crazyfool1whats the boxed wine selection like in Tesco Taunton? May nip in en route.

I’m not actually sure … I work in Asda so haven’t been there in a while … it’s a decent sized store though so should be reasonable edit  @The Nal a look online gives 22 different boxed wines ....

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/6/2022 at 4:10 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

E03CF58C-3614-4068-9681-C072708E397E.thumb.jpeg.70d4900af03e47fad107bdadcbee8e86.jpeg

a few cans already purchased to start off with at the tent then it’s the bars for most of the festival. 

Vitamin T! Bloody love the stuff. It’s very rare to find it down here. One of my favourite things about heading north of the border: a pint of Tennents and a really good dram of speyside alongside it 

Edited by balti-pie
Autocorrect turning dram into dream
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

I asked about bottles and beakers not long ago and got some great recommendations, including ones that people recommend for keeping things cool for as long as possible... 

Thanks for that - had a read so will see what I can find locally. Decathalon will probably have something to match

3 hours ago, Traco said:

Cheers!

Freeze it before you go. Space blanket around the cooler.

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

Vitamin T! Bloody love the stuff. It’s very rare to find it down here. One of my favourite things about heading north of the border: a pint of Tennents and a really good dram of speyside alongside it 

We are travelling down four days before the festival starts so I reckon the Tennants won’t make it on to the farm. 😊

On 5/28/2022 at 2:16 PM, nikkic said:

Think it’ll be…..

- 8 cans of Thatchers Haze
- 1 litre of dark rum 
- 2 x 500ml flavoured vodka

Currently have a Skittles one, just need to think of the other flavour. 

Bring less and less each year, prefer getting cold ones from the bar. 

How do you consume your flavoured vodka? Neat? Or mixed with something else? 

1 minute ago, Skoo said:

How do you consume your flavoured vodka? Neat? Or mixed with something else? 

Neat.

Normal procedure is a few pints/cans during the day, then switch to spirits later, in the hope I'll need to pee less! 

The vodkas are very sippable (realise that's probably not a word).

12 hours ago, balti-pie said:

An Englishman, an irishman and a scotsman walk into a bar and the barman says "what'll it be gents"

Englishman - 'I'll have a pint of fisted goblin, 4.6 ABV, golden colour with citrus undertones"

Irishman - "I'll have a pint of Guinness and a Bushmills chaser"

Scotsman - "I'll have a er...erm...a lime and soda"

Toby and Patrick both turn to Hamish and say "you'll have what?"

Hamish - "Sorry, what were you expecting? Just because I am from Scotland you expect me to be some stereotype drunken scot? Are you expecting me to order Tenants Super and a bottle of buckfast just to live up to an outdated and untrue image of the Scots as alcoholics? Shame on you. For your information I like lime and soda. Also I am skint at the moment as I spent all my dole money on smack."