What alcohol do you bring?

FestiZebra

30 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

I'm coming from the US where hard seltzer(BLASPHEMY!) became very popular in the last few years. Is there any in the UK or it's hard to get?

Haha can't say I'm a fan myself; sparkling water was already one of humanity's mistakes - we can't rescue that one just by adding some alcohol.

However, I believe there was some chat about it a few pages back. Definitely see it quite a lot over here these days 🙂

Edited by zeppelin
Words are hard.

8 hours ago, dougal1 said:

My friend just mentioned that as there's now no single use plastic on site that buying big bottles of mixer won't be possible? Any intel? 

Yeah, no big bottles because that's single use plastic, but the Co-op will sell canned mixers, juice, energy drinks etc.

Or you're free to bring your own mixers if you don't mind the weight, the ban is on vendors selling single-use plastic bottles, not punters bringing their own bottles in.

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

Haha can't say I'm a fan myself; sparkling water was already one of humanity's mistakes - we can't rescue that one just by adding some alcohol.

However, I believe there was some chat about it a few pages back. Definitely see it quite a lot over here these days 🙂

Believe me that I was skeptic before I fell into this, it's both hydrating and tastes good!

1 hour ago, Nimrod said:

I'm coming from the US where hard seltzer(BLASPHEMY!) became very popular in the last few years. Is there any in the UK or it's hard to get?

It was available at most UK festivals in 2021, via various brands making a huge marketing push.

I don't know if it'll be available at Glastonbury, as they're less likely to accommodate those kind of marketing operations, but you could certainly pick some up at a supermarket - if you get desperate then catch the shuttle bus out to Shepton Mallet Tesco and stock up.

On 5/20/2022 at 6:41 PM, Nimrod said:

Believe me that I was skeptic before I fell into this, it's both hydrating and tastes good!

You'll want to buy it before you go there, it'll be hard to get inside.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/shop/drinks/ready-to-drink-wine-and-spirits/ready-to-drink-premixed-spirits-and-cocktails/hard-seltzers

Here's the sort of selection you would get in a large supermarket. Expect maybe 3/4 options in a small supermarket.

2 minutes ago, Lesley2337 said:

Just picked up 12 of these, really yummy! 

Also got a bottle of Mead to decant into another vessel before I go. Perfect drink for an evening. 

Screenshot_20220527_205006_com.android.chrome.jpg

Don’t get me wrong, I love pear cider which is refreshing when it’s hot, and I love whisky, which is my go to spirit.  Seems like an odd combination though? Does it really work together?

4 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Don’t get me wrong, I love pear cider which is refreshing when it’s hot, and I love whisky, which is my go to spirit.  Seems like an odd combination though? Does it really work together?

I think it really does.

Its a bit like a slightly sweeter old fashioned

6x 1 litre bottles of vodka redbull (it's usually fine warm, plus it keeps you going) and a decanter bottle of rum, just so I can get coke and limes from the bars to make Cuba Libres. That's usually enough for my extras and then I'm happy to pay out for a few (maybe 8 per day) pints of cider or beer.

I'm not a classy drinker by any means, lol 😝

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
I meant VODKA redbull, not simply redbull.

10 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

6x 1 litre bottles of vodka redbull (it's usually fine warm, plus it keeps you going) and a decanter bottle of rum, just so I can get coke and limes from the bars to make Cuba Libres. That's usually enough for my extras and then I'm happy to pay out for a few (maybe 8 per day) pints of cider or beer.

I'm not a classy drinker by any means, lol 😝

Your poor heart. 

Yesterday I picked up a Moth espresso martini to have each day as a pick me up when required, and a pack of the 330ml Peroni cans that have turned up in supermarkets recently. Not bad warm. Also planning on getting some Moretti and Red Stripe as both are relatively palatable warm.  We have a fridge in the camper so I should be able to enjoy these cold for the majority of the day if I take them out in a chiller bag. 

2 minutes ago, whateverworksout said:

does anyone remember if the co-op on site sells crates of cider?? and roughly how much for? i’m debating not taking any this year to make myself lighter, but i would want a few cans for getting ready in the mornings 

The on-site co-op doesn't sell alcohol 

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

Your poor heart. 

Yesterday I picked up a Moth espresso martini to have each day as a pick me up when required, and a pack of the 330ml Peroni cans that have turned up in supermarkets recently. Not bad warm. Also planning on getting some Moretti and Red Stripe as both are relatively palatable warm.  We have a fridge in the camper so I should be able to enjoy these cold for the majority of the day if I take them out in a chiller bag. 

My heart? There's probably more calories (and just as much sugar) in an espresso martini as a can of redbull. 😉

They do sound nice though.

Big fan of Red Stripe and Peroni too.

16 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

My heart? There's probably more calories (and just as much sugar) in an espresso martini as a can of redbull. 😉

They do sound nice though.

Big fan of Red Stripe and Peroni too.

I’m not drinking 6 litres of espresso martini though 😂 200ml cans so 800ml at most, and I probably won’t have them all. 

17 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I’m not drinking 6 litres of espresso martini though 😂 200ml cans so 800ml at most, and I probably won’t have them all. 

Only 800ml (4 cans) the entire weekend? That's less than a can a day. Or are you talking per day? If it's per day, then it's more or less the same as me drinking the vod/redbull mixture, although vod/red is healthier than espresso martini - in which case you should be more concerned with your heart. If it's less than one per day, what's the point 😜

650ml of Redbull and 350 ml of vodka per night, which is really not that much spread out over 5 or six hours. It's my night tipple, equivalent to about 5 rum colas, one per hour. Really not that much but a helluva lot cheaper.

I'm also likely to share with friends as well.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

15 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Only 800ml (4 cans) the entire weekend? That's less than a can a day. Or are you talking per day? If it's per day, then it's more or less the same as me drinking the vod/redbull mixture, although vod/red is healthier than espresso martini - in which case you should be more concerned with your heart. If it's less than one per day, what's the point 😜

650ml of Redbull and 350 ml of vodka per night, which is really not that much spread out over 5 or six hours. It's my night tipple, equivalent to about 5 rum colas, one per hour. Really not that much but a helluva lot cheaper.

I'm also likely to share with friends as well.

That’s the entire weekend. I’ll be on the beers as I don’t drink spirits as a rule. The espresso martini will be one a day as a pick me up if required, and it comes in 200ml cans. 

Edit: arriving Thursday morning due to childcare, so only get a four day festival. On top of that, we’ll be leaving Sunday post-headliners so no drinking that day. 

Edited by blutarsky

On 5/17/2022 at 8:18 PM, offmytrolley said:

The Moth cans are available in packs of 12 from their website, but there doesn't look to be that much of a cost saving: https://mothdrinks.com/packBuilder/?type=fixed

Looks like there's currently 20% off if you use the code 'LETSCHAT20' - 12 cans for £31.20 shipped (£2.60 each) or 24 cans for £57.60 (£2.40 each) - cheaper than anywhere else / the Tesco 4 for 3 deal!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

That’s the entire weekend. I’ll be on the beers as I don’t drink spirits as a rule. The espresso martini will be one a day as a pick me up if required, and it comes in 200ml cans. 

Edit: arriving Thursday morning due to childcare, so only get a four day festival. On top of that, we’ll be leaving Sunday post-headliners so no drinking that day. 

Hope you have a good one!

1 hour ago, Amnesic_Toad said:

Looks like there's currently 20% off if you use the code 'LETSCHAT20' - 12 cans for £31.20 shipped (£2.60 each) or 24 cans for £57.60 (£2.40 each) - cheaper than anywhere else / the Tesco 4 for 3 deal!

Deal! Looks like there's also a 20% off if you join their newsletter at the bottom of each page. That might be useful if the LETSCHAT20 code expires.

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

125ml cans, actually! 

Think it’ll be…..

- 8 cans of Thatchers Haze
- 1 litre of dark rum 
- 2 x 500ml flavoured vodka

Currently have a Skittles one, just need to think of the other flavour. 

Bring less and less each year, prefer getting cold ones from the bar.