What alcohol do you bring?

FestiZebra

On 5/17/2022 at 8:59 AM, Acid Loafers said:

Any suggestions for red box wine?

I saw some called McGuigan Estate, 225cl for £14.75 at Sainsburys. Looked decent, probably will go with that tbh. 

Always find the difficult bit with Box wine, is that I'd have to buy a box just to taste/test it 😅

5 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Jam Shed Shiraz is lovely. 13 quid in morissons 

Another vote for Jam Shed Shiraz I’ll be bringing a box of this. Added bonus you can pick up a bottle for about £6 to taste test before committing to the box

3 hours ago, gazzared said:

@BeerqueenI can't remember what topic we were chatting in but iam at bishops castle now and there is no beer festival again this year 😭😭 a few pubs are doing their own thing but that's it 

Really?  It was being advertised earlier in the year when we booked accommodation because I remember googling it to check the dates.   Tbh we'll probably still go and just have our own pub crawl!  We've even already booked the curry for the Friday night!  I'm guessing the Vaults at least will put music on.   I do like that pub! And possibly the Castle?

Thanks for that.  Let me know if you hear anything else?

Edited by Beerqueen

10 minutes ago, Baggins7 said:

Another vote for Jam Shed Shiraz I’ll be bringing a box of this. Added bonus you can pick up a bottle for about £6 to taste test before committing to the box

I know the clue is in the name but jam shed is so sickly. Couldnt drink loads of it without heartburn or drinking past that and feeling proper rough the next day.

Each to their own and all that but if you can try a pinot or a totally different wine. Its amazing the difference. 

Marks and spencers miniatures and waitrose do 250ml (not the usual 187ml) and some are plastic bottles if you want to mix it up

• Upvote 1

Never tried hard seltzer but sounds right up my street. Will give it a whirl in advance to try it. 

3rd upvote for Jam Shed. One of the nicest reds going. 

3 hours ago, gazzared said:

@BeerqueenI can't remember what topic we were chatting in but iam at bishops castle now and there is no beer festival again this year 😭😭 a few pubs are doing their own thing but that's it 

Couldn't find anything to say it was cancelled by googling but eventually found a Facebook post from one of the pubs to say it was indeed cancelled.  Good thing you told me as I'm not sure how/when we'd have found out otherwise!  So thanks again.  

Get your booking in for camping early next year and hope to see you there!

12 minutes ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

So this is a thing….tried one earlier tonight and gets the thumbs up from me 👍

87F06A5D-99AA-4AFE-805B-D87361C7666E.png

Oh I’m here for that. Not sure it would be great warm though….

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 12:13 PM, LinvoyPrimus said:

Love a Jubel but can it be easily acquired in decent quantity? I can only ever seem to find individual cans rather than a crate.

Can only see it available in bulk on their website or on Amazon but no cheaper so 48 quid for 24 small cans! Available on draught at one place near me which is bonus for the summer months! 

Edited by rubenz

Interested in the red wine box recommendations. I've grown tired of Namaqua over the years. I famously drink red wine from breakfast till dawn at festivals so it helps if it's nice. I like full bodied and a bit sweet not sickly. I used to love Zinfandel until it seemingly fell out of fashion and I can rarely find it at a sensible price. I often like a Merlot or a Shiraz.. but they do vary a lot in quality especially in boxes. 

Bringing in beer or cider - excepting a few for fuel- is madness IMHO. Not worth the effort for all that water- and I prefer it fresh and cold from the bars anyway.

Edited by Boris

On 5/17/2022 at 9:49 PM, blutarsky said:

I just had one of the moth espresso martinis while out walking the dog. Popped it in my pocket warm and walked around a bit to shake it up. I took a cup with me with some ice in it and then poured the can over it, accurately simulating the most popular method of consumption at Glastonbury. 

i’m not particularly a big fan of espresso martinis as I don’t really drink spirits but it tasted very similar to espresso martinis I’ve had from cocktail bars in the past. it definitely tasted a lot more authentically like a cocktail than the Kahlúa or funkin branded ones. If espresso martinis are you thing I would definitely recommend. 

as mentioned before they are fucking strong so given I also took two cans of Moretti on the walk through the woods I’m feeling slightly tipsy right now. Merry Tuesday. 

Amusing image of you slugging dubiously on cans of booze whilst alarming the other local dog walkers. Maybe they chucked your a few quid? 😉 

13 minutes ago, Boris said:

Interested in the red wine box recommendations. I've grown tired of Namaqua over the years. I famously drink red wine from breakfast till dawn at festivals so it helps if it's nice. I like full bodied and a bit sweet not sickly. I used to love Zinfandel until it seemingly fell out of fashion and I can rarely find it at a sensible price. I often like a Merlot or a Shiraz.. but they do vary a lot in quality especially in boxes. 

Bringing in beer or cider - excepting a few for fuel- is madness IMHO. Not worth the effort for all that water- and I prefer it fresh and cold from the bars anyway.

For decent red wine in a box Tesco do the 19 crimes stuff for £14. I'd recommend giving that a trial run, could be your answer. I'm a fan:

image.png.fe261d60810b26100d132ffd089fcc84.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dougal1 said:

My friend just mentioned that as there's now no single use plastic on site that buying big bottles of mixer won't be possible? Any intel? 

see coop thread .... ive just had a bit of info back from them ... but more detail will follow 

1 minute ago, Fish Bulb said:

For decent red wine in a box Tesco do the 19 crimes stuff for £14. I'd recommend giving that a trial run, could be your answer. I'm a fan:

image.png.fe261d60810b26100d132ffd089fcc84.png

You absolute beauty... I've never fancied the box o'wine but this I has just swayed me. Brilliant red.

5 hours ago, dougal1 said:

My friend just mentioned that as there's now no single use plastic on site that buying big bottles of mixer won't be possible? Any intel? 

'intel'? Its not a war mate. Just bring whatever you want, searches are cursory at best. Worst comes to worst, go to the bar for your fizzy pop. 

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Completely agree. I think 4 cans a day is enough to bring in. 1 or 2 in the morning to get you going when you’re still at the tent and a few in the day bag incase you need a quick pick me up while at a stage. Rest of the time I’ll be going for cold and fresh. 

23 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Completely agree. I think 4 cans a day is enough to bring in. 1 or 2 in the morning to get you going when you’re still at the tent and a few in the day bag incase you need a quick pick me up while at a stage. Rest of the time I’ll be going for cold and fresh. 

Too far to walk to the bars for me especially when watching bands in crowds so I take a bit more 

34 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Too far to walk to the bars for me especially when watching bands in crowds so I take a bit more 

Same - it's great to support the bars and get something cold/freshly poured, but there are some times every day when you need to have some with you because the place you've settled isn't next to a bar and especially if you're not in a large enough group that someone can pop off for a round without getting lost.

On 5/17/2022 at 8:49 PM, blutarsky said:

I just had one of the moth espresso martinis while out walking the dog. Popped it in my pocket warm and walked around a bit to shake it up. I took a cup with me with some ice in it and then poured the can over it, accurately simulating the most popular method of consumption at Glastonbury. 

i’m not particularly a big fan of espresso martinis as I don’t really drink spirits but it tasted very similar to espresso martinis I’ve had from cocktail bars in the past. it definitely tasted a lot more authentically like a cocktail than the Kahlúa or funkin branded ones. If espresso martinis are you thing I would definitely recommend. 

as mentioned before they are fucking strong so given I also took two cans of Moretti on the walk through the woods I’m feeling slightly tipsy right now. Merry Tuesday. 

Picked up a can for £3 in sainsburys tonight, went down very nicely. Even on offer at £3 it’s still slightly more expensive than the Myatts Field though  which is 20% compared to £15 so I think I will invest in another bottle and decant. Can slug a bit in my coffee then 👌

On 5/17/2022 at 8:59 AM, Acid Loafers said:

Any suggestions for red box wine?

I saw some called McGuigan Estate, 225cl for £14.75 at Sainsburys. Looked decent, probably will go with that tbh. 

Always find the difficult bit with Box wine, is that I'd have to buy a box just to taste/test it 😅

They do the black label McGuigan estate for £17 so have picked up a bottle for research purposes before committing fully