What alcohol do you bring?

FestiZebra

6 hours ago, Glastobuddy said:

Not tried these yet but thought I'd take the plunge for £17.

Glasto.jpg

Funkin is my go to for purees for cocktails at work, so should be decent enough. Never seen the cans before though, where did you find them? 

31 minutes ago, offmytrolley said:

The Moth cans are available in packs of 12 from their website, but there doesn't look to be that much of a cost saving: https://mothdrinks.com/packBuilder/?type=fixed

I just had one of the moth espresso martinis while out walking the dog. Popped it in my pocket warm and walked around a bit to shake it up. I took a cup with me with some ice in it and then poured the can over it, accurately simulating the most popular method of consumption at Glastonbury. 

i’m not particularly a big fan of espresso martinis as I don’t really drink spirits but it tasted very similar to espresso martinis I’ve had from cocktail bars in the past. it definitely tasted a lot more authentically like a cocktail than the Kahlúa or funkin branded ones. If espresso martinis are you thing I would definitely recommend. 

as mentioned before they are fucking strong so given I also took two cans of Moretti on the walk through the woods I’m feeling slightly tipsy right now. Merry Tuesday. 

Edited by blutarsky
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Any suggestions for red box wine?

I saw some called McGuigan Estate, 225cl for £14.75 at Sainsburys. Looked decent, probably will go with that tbh. 

Always find the difficult bit with Box wine, is that I'd have to buy a box just to taste/test it 😅

I’ve not tried that wine and peoples taste in red wine differs greatly, but I quite like the Primitivo that Lidl sell in cans. Whilst it won’t be winning any awards I think it’s very drinkable and so I’ve picked up some cans for Glastonbury. As it’s in can form it’s easy enough to just get one to sample before bulk buying.

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I just had one of the moth espresso martinis while out walking the dog. Popped it in my pocket warm and walked around a bit to shake it up. I took a cup with me with some ice in it and then poured the can over it, accurately simulating the most popular method of consumption at Glastonbury. 

i’m not particularly a big fan of espresso martinis as I don’t really drink spirits but it tasted very similar to espresso martinis I’ve had from cocktail bars in the past. it definitely tasted a lot more authentically like a cocktail than the Kahlúa or funkin branded ones. If espresso martinis are you thing I would definitely recommend. 

as mentioned before they are fucking strong so given I also took two cans of Moretti on the walk through the woods I’m feeling slightly tipsy right now. Merry Tuesday. 

Merry Tuesday! Thank you for your important field research and reporting back!

I like that they're almost 15%, that feels like an efficient use of space and weight. Much better than carrying around a load of cans of lager.

• Upvote 2

for cocktail lovers, this company are amazing , I've ordered gifts from people from there, and the cocktails are lovely. I think they now stock in some supermarkets BUT majority are glass bottles .... BUT they've just bought out two varieties in cans and another 2 to follow in July .

If yu want a pre mixed expresso martini for home then I can thoroughly recommend - you can mix and match your own multi packs

Tappd Cocktails | Award Winning Cocktails Delivered to You

PS I have absolutely no affiliation to the brand apart from loving their cocktails, I can;t even get them delivered to where I live 😞

Cans of Hard Seltzer (Mike's Raspberry in particular) may well be the new addition for me this year. They are in essence alcoholic sparkling water. I imagine they are a hate it or love it type of drink, but if you are a fan of the agua con gas then these are great. 5%, 24 for £34 on Amazon, and only 2g of sugar (for those concerned)!

2020-05-05-13-14-img_0333_cropped_90-1.jpg

25 minutes ago, DavoTheWorthy said:

Cans of Hard Seltzer (Mike's Raspberry in particular) may well be the new addition for me this year. They are in essence alcoholic sparkling water. I imagine they are a hate it or love it type of drink, but if you are a fan of the agua con gas then these are great. 5%, 24 for £34 on Amazon, and only 2g of sugar (for those concerned)!

2020-05-05-13-14-img_0333_cropped_90-1.jpg

I've got 24 (now 22 😂) cans of hard seltzers too. Nice and refreshing on a sunny day 🤞

Also got 10 ciders (so far) and going to be making some kind of flavoured vodka. Unsure what flavours yet though 

IMG_20220518_143446.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 5/17/2022 at 8:59 AM, Acid Loafers said:

Any suggestions for red box wine?

I saw some called McGuigan Estate, 225cl for £14.75 at Sainsburys. Looked decent, probably will go with that tbh. 

Always find the difficult bit with Box wine, is that I'd have to buy a box just to taste/test it 😅

Jam Shed Shiraz is lovely. 13 quid in morissons 

40 minutes ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Loved It!

think it’s more of a mid morning pick me up as opposed to a mid afternoon / early evening after a skinful of cider drink though! Might be a bit too sweet.

I'd only had the funkin one and an M&S one neither of which i was mad for so interesting you enjoyed this one! Shall also see if there's any Moth cans next time i'm in sainos.

Love the idea of premixing vodka and kahlua though. 

I haven't drink beer or cider for years.

Traveling light due to coach, so thinking of a bottle of this... 

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/review/tanqueray-flor-de-sevilla. (which I've had many times in lockdown) 

And one of this...

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/review/Slingsby-rhubarb-gin. (have had some rhubarb but not tried this yet, but you'll see both get great reviews) 

Can either bring them in plastic bottles, or could get some of the very nice SHO ones as recommended by @StoneCircle in my thread about drinking vessels below. Also they suggested food flask for keeping ice cold for the day, which sounds a great shout as I'll be in Sticklinch and therefore not too far from Co op for ice and tonic.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Traveling light due to coach, so thinking of a bottle of this... 

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/review/tanqueray-flor-de-sevilla. (which I've had many times in lockdown) 

An excellent choice! Picked up some Fever Tree Clementine tonics at the weekend which I am looking forward to trying! 🙂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lesley2337 said:

I've got 24 (now 22 😂) cans of hard seltzers too. Nice and refreshing on a sunny day 🤞

Also got 10 ciders (so far) and going to be making some kind of flavoured vodka. Unsure what flavours yet though 

IMG_20220518_143446.jpg

If anyone's interested... 

Screenshot_20220518_173219_com.instagram.android.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 5/15/2022 at 10:40 PM, blutarsky said:

FAO those who like Espresso Martinis: 

I found these at Sainsburys today. I didn’t buy any but I will next time I’m in and do a taste test. They were about £3.20 so pricy! 

35144111-1188-4B54-BFC9-8CFCAFFB4128.jpeg

Currently 4 for 3 in Tesco.

Just bought one of these and the Mrs got a load of the margarita ones as she hasn’t bought any yet