What alcohol do you bring?

FestiZebra

Done the final final shop, here's what I'll be bringing, mixers bought on site.

12 Brew Dog Elvis Juice  330ml

12 Kopparberg Mixed Fruits 330ml

8 Mixed Cocktail Cans

1L Vodka

1L Spiced Rum

3L Boxed Red Wine

Just about fits into a bag for life and isn't silly heavy to carry.

11 hours ago, blutarsky said:

FAO those who like Espresso Martinis: 

I found these at Sainsburys today. I didn’t buy any but I will next time I’m in and do a taste test. They were about £3.20 so pricy! 

35144111-1188-4B54-BFC9-8CFCAFFB4128.jpeg

I think the following mentioned looking for cans of Espresso martini previously: 

@March Hare @oneeye @mjfiddy @The Clearest Blue @Perks @Clarence Clemons @DirtyLurker @Funkyfairy!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I found these at Sainsburys today. I didn’t buy any but I will next time I’m in and do a taste test. They were about £3.20 so pricy! 

14.9%! Rocketfuel!

12 hours ago, Lithoniel said:

Done the final final shop, here's what I'll be bringing, mixers bought on site.

12 Brew Dog Elvis Juice  330ml

12 Kopparberg Mixed Fruits 330ml

8 Mixed Cocktail Cans

1L Vodka

1L Spiced Rum

3L Boxed Red Wine

Just about fits into a bag for life and isn't silly heavy to carry.

Wrap the handles with bubble wrap and tape in place- makes a big difference on your hands

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, blutarsky said:

These look perfect, had a quick google and they're available online from their website, free shipping if you order 12 (can mix and match flavours) and it comes to £39, so £3.25 a can. Not bad

https://mothdrinks.com/

5 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I think the following mentioned looking for cans of Espresso martini previously: 

@March Hare @oneeye @mjfiddy @The Clearest Blue @Perks @Clarence Clemons @DirtyLurker @Funkyfairy!

The Moth ones are absolutely gorgeous 😍 bloody expensive but a kick in the face coffee hit with the warmth of the alcohol hit a few seconds later - would 100% recommend as a breakfast treat!

2 minutes ago, Ronseal said:

Has anyone tried these yet cos all the canned espresso martinis I've tried before have been absolutely vile

Yes, they were my treat at last years festivals, the Khalua ones are hideous for the record!

Not exactly the same flavour as a mixologist mixed espresso martini but very pleasant and in no way vile 😉

7 hours ago, DirtyLurker said:

Yes, they were my treat at last years festivals, the Khalua ones are hideous for the record!

Not exactly the same flavour as a mixologist mixed espresso martini but very pleasant and in no way vile 😉

This is disappointing as bought 4 cans of the khalula ones based on recommendations on here 

4 hours ago, Ronseal said:

Yeah I’ve had those recently and they’re very grim, the other funkin stuff is quite nice, especially the pina colada one

Drinkable Espresso martini in tins really is the holy grail. Agree most are grim. Had a bottle from Myatts Fields for xmas and think I might buy another and decant that 

7 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

This is disappointing as bought 4 cans of the khalula ones based on recommendations on here 

Obvs it's a matter of taste and everyone is dif bit I found them to be really UHT milk heavy - I bought as I had previously enjoyed the Baileys latte canned drink but that seems to be discontinued - give them a try you might enjoy 😉

7 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Drinkable Espresso martini in tins really is the holy grail. Agree most are grim. Had a bottle from Myatts Fields for xmas and think I might buy another and decant that 

Smith def worth a shot, and by shot it's def a shot, they're tiny but great 😉

5 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Any suggestions for red box wine?

I saw some called McGuigan Estate, 225cl for £14.75 at Sainsburys. Looked decent, probably will go with that tbh. 

Always find the difficult bit with Box wine, is that I'd have to buy a box just to taste/test it 😅

Aldi has some and people always rave about their wines. As its all their own stuff you might potentially be able to just buy a bottle of it first then come back for the bag potentially 🙂

3 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Any suggestions for red box wine?

I saw some called McGuigan Estate, 225cl for £14.75 at Sainsburys. Looked decent, probably will go with that tbh. 

Always find the difficult bit with Box wine, is that I'd have to buy a box just to taste/test it 😅

This is very difficult, I like a big red. I wonder if the 9 crimes hype is worth it. At least could try a bottle first. My go to once was crabbies mulled (red) ginger wine which was phased out. It somehow worked in my camelback especially on a wet night

On 5/15/2022 at 10:40 PM, blutarsky said:

Potential game changer! I'm off to Sains tonight so I'll give them a try and report back 😄