What alcohol do you bring?

FestiZebra

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I am ashamed to say that every year I've been I've been pre-mixing my rum and coke before leaving the house and carrying it in my backpack, which has always been ridiculously heavy. This year I had a brainwave and thought "What if I just buy the mixer there?". Mentioned this on the virtual meet and got laughed out of the room - rightly so - for my stupidity. Why has it taken me this long to figure that out? Idiot 😄 

You think that's bad, one year my friend brought about 10 litres of water. We didn't get very far through the car park before dumping it all out. They've got taps in there mate, my arms are falling off!

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, TheDayman said:

I also like the idea of espresso martinis and white russians that I've seen touted around these parts. I'm signing up to this strategy too. If anyone else has any festival friendly cocktail suggests, I'm all ears.

Would you pre mix the alcohol and just add the coffee on site? Or separate bottles and make as you go. Could make cold brew and bring it with you?

6 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

So…50 cans of Thatchers Haze… too much or ok? It’s for me and Mrs.

Sounds ok to me. Works out 5 cans a day each so wouldn't say it's too much. I would probably limit it there though and treat yourself to some cold/fresh pints from the bars if you want any more.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 8:24 PM, rubenz said:

I'm gonna take some Peach Jubel this year. Lager that is peach flavoured and also gluten free, will taste beautiful in the glasto sunshine. 

2 quid for a small can mind tho so not taking that many! (maybe 60 or so😬

Love a Jubel but can it be easily acquired in decent quantity? I can only ever seem to find individual cans rather than a crate.

31 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Oh wow, that's very cheap. Out of stock at the minute but have signed up to get an email when they are back in stock (sadly no stores in NI).

Did you try some of the other colours? These are £2.50:

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-stripe-double-wall-bottle-500ml/p/0488930

Edited by David_303

11 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Nope, I hadn't - thanks for that! Those will do the trick!

I've bought a bundle (My other half likes long island iced tea - a logistical nightmare when camping - but they get the job done!)

Edited by David_303

19 hours ago, David_303 said:

I've bought a bundle (My other half likes long island iced tea - a logistical nightmare when camping - but they get the job done!)

After all that I've just noticed they no longer ship to NI due to Brexit! Disaster, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for some elsewhere

3 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Really hoping they manage to bring out Stella Unfiltered in can form by the time the festival rolls round, sampled it last night and it was a seriously good drop

https://groceries.asda.com/product/?&cmpid=ppc-_-ghs-_--_-google-_--_-dskwid-s92700070657386985_dm&s_kwcid=AL!11432!3!459891151428!!!g!1639992440376!&ds_rl=1254319&gclid=Cj0KCQjwg_iTBhDrARIsAD3Ib5jjHxZL3iq2x5-uihtOFLVnpXxM2_UOCfvzYO7XJ2g_jtZAwvFxCIQaAvAsEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.

Screenshot_20220513-170109-939.png

Travelling by bus so can't take huge quantities this year, but think I'm going to aim for:

• 4 fruit ciders (each morning Thurs-Sun)
  • Vodka for 4 bloody marys (each morning Thurs-Sun)
  • 500ml gin (G&Ts Weds-Sun)
  • 500ml rum (rum & mixer Weds-Sun)
  • 5 Thatchers Haze (Weds-Sun)
  • 5 undecided craft beers (Weds-Sun)
  • 10 lagers (Weds-Sun)
  • Like 1

So far we have

20 x thatchers haze

1 x litre of pineapple cube vodka

1x litre of cola cube vodka

Probably will need more ciders and a few easy to drink cocktail in a cans too. 

I tend to buy a couple cold ones each day too. 

On 5/6/2022 at 12:01 AM, Leyrulion said:

Would you pre mix the alcohol and just add the coffee on site? Or separate bottles and make as you go. Could make cold brew and bring it with you?

I pre-mix vodka and Kahlua at home then add to milk or coffee on site to make White Russians and Espresso martinis. We just make coffee at camp. 

I also pre-mix some vodka and Chambord then add to pineapple juice on site to make French Martinis. Having ice available at the Co-Op last year made cocktails easier than usual 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1