What alcohol do you bring?

FestiZebra

About 8 cans of IPA (more if there's space..), a couple of bottles of spiced rum + Old Jamaica ginger beer + pre-sliced lime... and some premixed vodka + kahlua ready for adding to some of the farms milk... my friends benefit from my forward planning!

7 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Just bought 4 cans of mallets for £3 at Tesco. It’s not too bad, it’ll be perfectly acceptable in the sun at Glastonbury ☀️?

You can get 12 cans for £7 in Tesco. 

For me I have been buying the 8 cans for £9 for the Bath Ales beer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LoveLikeThis said:

About 8 cans of IPA (more if there's space..), a couple of bottles of spiced rum + Old Jamaica ginger beer + pre-sliced lime... and some premixed vodka + kahlua ready for adding to some of the farms milk... my friends benefit from my forward planning!

What's your ratio for the vodka/kahlua pre mix?

3 litre of spirits (shared with the crowd around me), 16 cans of pink fizz wine, and 8 breakfast ciders. The cans are only coming this year because the wonderful H.M.V and FatYeti are taking it all for me. Normally spirits are in the backpack going down on the coach. 

1.5 ltrs of homebrew Raspberry Gin, 1ltr of Raspberry Vodka (as I used the wrong spirit!). Have decided this year that I'll be staying off lager other than the occasional pint. Requires too many wee stops these days and not helping my rapidly expanding waistline. Will probably get myself a nice bottle of Bourbon so I only need the occasional dash of coke.

Normally take some port too for the late night sipping.

Though noticed Southern Comfort was heavily discounted in my supermarket today so tempted to relive my Southy and Lemonade youth.

On 5/18/2019 at 8:14 AM, eastynh said:

2 bottles of gin (one of them is pink)

1 bottle Vodka

Crate of Deperado.

12 can of Kopperberg (sp?)

where do you get your Desperado? I was considering getting some cans of it, but seems bloody expensive on Amazon and only ever see it in bottles in my local supermarkets

38 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

It's worrying me a bit. Although maybe I'll switch the fruit over next week anyway...

Perhaps the alcohol somehow preserves it?

I was worried about this also but apparently the alcohol does preserve the fruit and the longer you leave it infusing the better.

• 2 years later...

I've been thinking about my booze load for this year - in 2019 I think I took an ideal amount for me for four days but we drove and I think it's slightly more than I can carry myself on the bus. 

• 36 small cans (330ml) of pale ale from my local brewery (North Brewing)
  • 4 litres premixed gin and tonic.
  • 1.5 litres tequila. 

I might switch to 24 440ml cans so it's just one case and take an extra couple of bottles of gin in my backpack for Friday and Saturday. 

I have a theory (Totally unsupported by science, but only by my own experience) that alternating drinks from day to day helps mitigate the hangover. So I tend to go with beer + vodka one day, cider + rum the next. Obviously this plan does not always survive contact with the delights of the festival, but it at least helps to plan the booze I take. 🙂

So, roughly breaks down as:

18 beers - need to decide on a suitable pale ale

12 ciders

3 x vodka & fresh orange, premixed and frozen

3 x 500ml bottles vodka 

4 x 500ml bottles rum 

I might swap out one or two of the straight bottles of vodka for some of the cherry bakewell vodka discussed on a previous thread this year. Also might try premixing & freezing pineapple juice & rum, maybe...

A few decisions to make!

13 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

I have a theory (Totally unsupported by science, but only by my own experience) that alternating drinks from day to day helps mitigate the hangover. So I tend to go with beer + vodka one day, cider + rum the next. Obviously this plan does not always survive contact with the delights of the festival, but it at least helps to plan the booze I take. 🙂

So, roughly breaks down as:

18 beers - need to decide on a suitable pale ale

12 ciders

3 x vodka & fresh orange, premixed and frozen

3 x 500ml bottles vodka 

4 x 500ml bottles rum 

I might swap out one or two of the straight bottles of vodka for some of the cherry bakewell vodka discussed on a previous thread this year. Also might try premixing & freezing pineapple juice & rum, maybe...

A few decisions to make!

This is making me think i don't have enough - how are you going through over 700ml of spirits + everything else a day! the bars must hate you!