What alcohol do you bring?

FestiZebra

I love how much Brits love to drink. I mean, I know it's not good for anyone. But, by god, are we good for it.

We come by coach so weight is a big factor, also I like to carry as little as possible around the festival so look for a bit of efficiency. After a lot of research, I fairly consistently bring: 12 cans of K-Cider, a shoulder of dark rum and a couple of cans of GnT.

K is punchy at 8.4% so does the equivalent (give or take) of twice as much standard cider in how pissed it gets you but it tastes 100x better than the super nasty White Lightening/Ace/Frost Jack stuff. It also handles the heat far better than beer. I'd probably prefer Special Brew in ideal circumstance but when it's not fridge cold it's rank. At the strength that it is, it's also a good sharing drink. Myself and Mrs hmmmloddy might only need to carry a couple each for a whole day of bimbling before restocking for the evening. I buy a few cold lagers or ales when we're out and about too but for tins to bring in yourself: K is an absolutely great all-rounder.

Rum is a good shot to pep things up good for sharing with randoms and good for mixing. If we don't want to carry tins out at night with us then the rum in a re-usable bottle, topped up with bar-bought mixer always works a treat.

Finally, a few GnT's for when the sweetness just gets on top of you.

I saw a few bucky-lovers earlier up the thread. That stuff is dynamite.

A few crates of lager, a box of session IPA's (to keep it session), a bottle of Vodka, a bottle of Spiced Rum and a some wine. 

I usually take a camel pack with me to festivals, fill this with whatever wine / spirit takes my fancy on the day and hey presto, La Vino 
Pret à partir!!!!

Works like a dream, you can dance whilst staying 'hydrated' with no need for cups!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hydration-Bladder-Backpacks-Outdoor-Climbing/dp/B0721MW8FV/ref=asc_df_B0721MW8FV/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=214376458488&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9827912763242018212&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046605&hvtargid=aud-545671390501:pla-434738803381&psc=1

Polypin of local ale for Wednesday kick-off (there are 6 ale drinkers and 2 cider drinkers).
Throughout the week: white russian mix for the morning starter, although we have "glastonbury bucks-fizz" (aka cider and orange juice).
Then a 1 ltr bottle of 20% something per day - blueberry infused vodka, pineapple gin, tequila&orange, pineapple & malibu. Interspersed with beers/ciders from the bars.

The key is not to drink the bottle of spirit mix in the duration of one band slot - which is almost impossible, but does make the next band sound absolutely brilliant.

Weston's Wyld Wood boxes all the way! perfect supply for a day out...

Last time it was 5 boxes of Wyld Wood (ended up bringing one back) and 2 crates of 10 Thatchers gold... then I think a few Thatchers Haze for the walk from the car park...

but yeah, I really can't recommend Wyld Wood enough... £7ish for 3 litres (Tesco/Asda/Waitrose) and it's not bad when it gets a bit warm either. Don't think I bought anything at any bars last time, maybe the odd one or two in the early hours to wash down incredible grilled cheese sandwiches :)

6 minutes ago, actionstations said:

Weston's Wyld Wood boxes all the way! perfect supply for a day out...

Last time it was 5 boxes of Wyld Wood (ended up bringing one back) and 2 crates of 10 Thatchers gold... then I think a few Thatchers Haze for the walk from the car park...

but yeah, I really can't recommend Wyld Wood enough... £7ish for 3 litres (Tesco/Asda/Waitrose) and it's not bad when it gets a bit warm either. Don't think I bought anything at any bars last time, maybe the odd one or two in the early hours to wash down incredible grilled cheese sandwiches :)

Aye im all over those boxes of Wyld. Can't wait. 

Normal Glasto Booze:

20-24 cans of pale ale (or in 2017 it was Brewdog IPA)

10 or so token ciders, either Rekorderlig, or Thatchers Gold (with a tiny dash of fruit Robinson's!)

Litre of gin/vodka with mixer

70cl/1Ltr of something infused (2017 it was raspberry vodka)

2019 Glasto Booze:

12 or so cans of pale ale ? that's it. 

(Taking 3 bottles of my favourite squash varieties, exciting stuff!)

Pregnant Mrs back home, so if I need to leave in emergency I need to be sober. Was a decent compromise!

I'm strangely looking forward to doing the festival sober! I've still made some dark berry infused gin for my brother who's coming from Switzerland for his first ever GF. I've tried it after 8 weeks of infusing, and it is fucking incredible. Dangerous though as it can be just drank neat over ice. 

Edit: It's going to be weird not having to carry a shit tonne of liquids in for the first time! I'll feel light as a feather!

Edited by Stokesy10

We are taking about 30 cans of different larger, 2 litres of normal vodka (it was sold in plastic bottles) and a litre of Polish cherry vodka. 

Ive no idea if that’s too much for us or not enough. We aren’t massive drinkers, but I know when we are in the mood we can drink. 

8 hours ago, s30foster said:

Box-V-Mangowhite-small.jpg.2cd7070cbfc9d6e6d99d720652b58ec3.jpgBreakfast juice!

Then a section of goodies from here...generally! Easy to carry around pouch in my bag.

https://www.lilleyscider.co.uk/5l-bag-in-box-c102x3096499

Can you recommend any other flavours? I’m thinking of getting 3 bags and freeze them before the fest. At least they’d be safe and solid in my rucksack.

8 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

also, honestly: Buckfast. A moderate amount in a plastic bottle to carry around gives useful recharges of zip in hours when anything extracurricular feels too naughty/bleak to consider in the daylight. Doesn't taste worse when lukewarm, unlike pretty much any canned beer or cider.

An essential 

A shit load (25ish) of double-measure cocktail cans, a litre of home-infused pineapple gin, a litre of home-infused raspberry gin, some vermouth and a bit of tequila. We'll take a bottle of Prosecco for the queue. :D

Usually go for 30 cans of cider and a bottle of JD, thinking Rum this year instead! Like others I need to sample some Mallets before the festival. Gutted to see Thatchers go, how many years were they the main cider on site? Im sure it was Gaymers my first year (2013). You could still get Pear Gaymers at a bar in the park last year

Vodka/triple sec/gin/white rum/tequila in equal parts mixed and decanted into 500ml plastic bottles, fresh lemons, cans of Diet Coke ... Glasto metal cup .. Cut lemon  and squeeze in.. Add alcohol mix.. Top up with Diet Coke.... Long Island ice tea.. Yum!  Apart from that cold cider on draft from the bars into glasto metal cup ... 

17 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Normal Glasto Booze:

20-24 cans of pale ale (or in 2017 it was Brewdog IPA)

10 or so token ciders, either Rekorderlig, or Thatchers Gold (with a tiny dash of fruit Robinson's!)

Litre of gin/vodka with mixer

70cl/1Ltr of something infused (2017 it was raspberry vodka)

2019 Glasto Booze:

12 or so cans of pale ale ? that's it. 

(Taking 3 bottles of my favourite squash varieties, exciting stuff!)

Pregnant Mrs back home, so if I need to leave in emergency I need to be sober. Was a decent compromise!

I'm strangely looking forward to doing the festival sober! I've still made some dark berry infused gin for my brother who's coming from Switzerland for his first ever GF. I've tried it after 8 weeks of infusing, and it is fucking incredible. Dangerous though as it can be just drank neat over ice. 

Edit: It's going to be weird not having to carry a shit tonne of liquids in for the first time! I'll feel light as a feather!

I’m pretty much in exactly the same boat dude. 

So I think I’m gonna treat myself to a crate of really decent stuff. Cannot decide what though...hence lurking around this thread. 

Edit:

Also, taking a lighter smaller tent and a lighter smaller air bed. I positively skip in!

Edited by Woffy

I bring 8 cans of beer. I'll buy a pint of ale and Brothers Cider every now and again too. But I'm not a big drinker so this is enough for me.

1 hour ago, sime said:

I bring 8 cans of beer. I'll buy a pint of ale and Brothers Cider every now and again too. But I'm not a big drinker so this is enough for me.

I am the same, 8 cans of lager and some diluting juice to flavour the water when refilling water bottles.  I prefer to pay the extra to have a few cool lagers in the bars, good chat and atmosphere as well as supporting bars such as the Mandela and the bread and roses. I do understand for those on a tighter budget this might not be possible. 

• Upvote 1