What alcohol do you bring?

FestiZebra

Over the last couple of months ive been buying the odd can here and there and storing them in my "Glasto box" which is now a lovely assortment of IPAs, pre mixed spirits, wine, bucks fizz, flavoured ciders and many more! Saves having an expensive alcohol run the night before and gives you a wider variety to chose from each morning when you're not feeling 100% fresh! 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

also, honestly: Buckfast. A moderate amount in a plastic bottle to carry around gives useful recharges of zip in hours when anything extracurricular feels too naughty/bleak to consider in the daylight. Doesn't taste worse when lukewarm, unlike pretty much any canned beer or cider.

Buckfast is an excellent shout 

2 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

Beware the White Russians.  I mixed up a litre last time in my Camelbak water bottle - I think 20cl vodka, 10cl Kahluha and 70cl milk.  This to keep me 'hydrated' on the Saturday evening.

Lost the use of my legs by the time the Foos went off stage.

I was fully expecting the warning to be re: curdled milk!

1 minute ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Over the last couple of months ive been buying the odd can here and there and storing them in my "Glasto box" which is now a lovely assortment of IPAs, pre mixed spirits, wine, bucks fizz, flavoured ciders and many more! Saves having an expensive alcohol run the night before and gives you a wider variety to chose from each morning when you're not feeling 100% fresh! 

Lovely, I still have some spirits left unopened from Black Friday, which I bought specifically for the festival.

52 minutes ago, kalifire said:

8 cans of Scrumpy Jack and a litre of Russian Standard vodka. Everything else I buy on site. Bit worried about Mallets though. I’ve heard it’s on the same level as Strongbow which would mean a hard pass from me. 

Must admit having been sceptical about Mallets I had 3 cans of it last saturday and was pleasantly surprised.

One assumes it will taste even better direct from a pump rather than a can as well.

53 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Bit worried about Mallets though. I’ve heard it’s on the same level as Strongbow which would mean a hard pass from me. 

Yeh, news of this has prompted a rethink about the booze I'm taking, which has also been aided by the fact that our crew have three cars going (often there are none). 

Normally I take 3 boxes of Wyld Wood, a bottle of JD honey, and a few cans of Thatchers. However, this has usually run out by Friday morning, and I buy cider on site. This year I've gone big to hopefully avoid relying on Mallets):

Three boxes of Wyld Wood

20L bag of Old Rosie (purchased between three of us!)

JD honey

Gin infused with rhubarb and ginger

Vodka infused with blueberry

Four cans of Thatchers haze (probs won't last the coach journey down)

Some gin passion fruit liquor I got from Aldi 

I'll be taking a litre of bourbon and a crate of cider. (warm cider is much nicer than warm beer) and buy cold pints around the sight as well.

I'll probably buy the mixers there this year, as liquid is so heavy to carry on the way in.

Edited by PaintedInSand

I own a brewery, so I usually fill 3 or 4 20 litre bag-in-boxes of whatever 4.5% beer is ready at the time.  They stay in the van wrapped in insulation and we keep one at the tent.  They stay cold pretty well and we decant into 2 litre pop bottles to carry around in the daytime.

25 minutes ago, buddiepaul said:

Lovely, I still have some spirits left unopened from Black Friday, which I bought specifically for the festival.

Black friday?! Impeccable self discipline! Id be lying if i said my current collection hasn't taken a few hits here and there..

This year im not carrying cans since im coming in on the coach. So far got rhubarb vodka, salted caramel vodka and dark rum. Picking up some absinthe in Ibiza too.

Our group are all taking something different, bought some metal shot glasses to try a bit of everything so this can only end badly 

I'll have a combination of chilled & pre-frozen cans of 1664 - frozen cans gently defrost through the day so stay cold and have the benefit of releasing the CO2 from the beverage so reducing bloat and gaseous complications :ph34r:

Supplemental hip flask of Laphroaig