What alcohol do you bring?

FestiZebra

I find that slightly less potent spirits (with mixers) make for a nice change of pace - easy to drink but don't blow your head off. Lidl (I only really go there for the Glasto shop) used to do this cheeky rum that was about 20%. Then there's Taboo, peach schnapps, that kind of thing.

It really depends what the nearest supermarket to our coach pickup has, although I think we're aiming for a click-and-collect this time (plus our coach isn't until 1.30pm, leaving us plenty of 'shopping' time). 

Will probably be x2 boxes of cider, x1 box of beers and x1 box red wine.

Usually a litre of spiced rum and a selection of IPAs (between 6-18 cans depending on how much I can fit in my rucksack/comfortably carry).   Most years that's enough to last me the duration.

Mrs Kinky drinks vodka so I'm probably going to bring some Kahlua for white russians and espresso martini breakfasts.

• Like 1

I'll be taking a litre of JD and a Litre of Disaronno. I've got myself a drinks measurer that you put in bottles so I can keep to single measures!  ( I've tested it in the plastic bottles I'll be taking so I know it works ) I'll get mixers while I'm wondering about.

8 cans of Scrumpy Jack and a litre of Russian Standard vodka. Everything else I buy on site. Bit worried about Mallets though. I’ve heard it’s on the same level as Strongbow which would mean a hard pass from me. 

Edited by kalifire

I love the Ciroc flavoured vodka.  Can be quite pricy (but often on Amazon deals).  They are smooth and can be sipped neat of an evening, or mixed with lemonade.  They are all nice bit I particularly like the pineapple, along with the green apple and grapefruit ones.

Edited by buddiepaul

4 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Usually a litre of spiced rum and a selection of IPAs (between 6-18 cans depending on how much I can fit in my rucksack/comfortably carry).   Most years that's enough to last me the duration.

Mrs Kinky drinks vodka so I'm probably going to bring some Kahlua for white russians and espresso martini breakfasts.

I've been seriously considering Kahula! How easy is it to find milk on site? I know they have the cart that comes through but otherwise? Also how do you make espresso martinis - do you have the cocktail shaker?

It used to be a load of cans of beer/cider and a litre of rum. However, recently discovered this fantastic boxed cider at the supermarket so this year planning to change it up and just take a few bags of that. Spirits/cocktails I'm happy to buy while I'm there and it means less stuff to carry. May still take some beers though, if only because getting a can out the bag is easier in a crowd than trying to pour out a pint

A bottle of good brandy (or Calvados if I'm feeling flush) and a litre of crappy store brandy, decanted into small orange Lucozade bottles. I like to offer up both to randoms while bimbling and you either get a treat or a even better treat :). Also good for pepping up on site pints of cider.

Strange, as back in the real world I'm pretty much strictly a House Vodka + mixer drinker. I used to bring a bottle of vodka + 3ltr of coke, but always ended up bringing home most of the vodka and leaving the coke behind.(vodka just doesn't work warm).

A three litre box of cider for the tent. I'm hoping the Co-op will be selling these so I can drop the weight.

14 minutes ago, FestiZebra said:

I've been seriously considering Kahula! How easy is it to find milk on site? I know they have the cart that comes through but otherwise? Also how do you make espresso martinis - do you have the cocktail shaker?

Quite easy. As you said there's the milk truck and there's a few shops that sell milk as well.  

The recipe is also simple, espresso (you can make cold brew espresso at home or make/buy espresso while you're there and wait for it to cool a little), shot of vodka, shot of Kahlua and then shake the living daylights out of it in a bottle. 

10 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

but I am definitely going to give this a go, sounds right up my straße

It's a game changer. All the nourishment  and goodness of milk with the added bonus of taking the edge off the morning.

10 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

also, honestly: Buckfast. A moderate amount in a plastic bottle to carry around gives useful recharges of zip

The key word is moderate. 

I like to think because it tastes medicinal, it's doing nothing but good things to my body.

5 minutes ago, buddiepaul said:

I think I will have to put in an order to see what all the fuss is about :)

As a note, the draught (and I guess therefore also a box) is still, whereas the bottles are sparkling for some reason, think I personally preferred the bottles but obviously aren't suitable for glasto!

Vodka, Kahlua, both decanted into plastic bottles which makes it so much lighter, 2x Box Red Wine. Maybe some gin or rum too.

Coming by coach I find cider and beer to be too heavy for what it's worth. Limited space and all that, rather just buy cold cider when/if I feel like one.  

Beware the White Russians.  I mixed up a litre last time in my Camelbak water bottle - I think 20cl vodka, 10cl Kahluha and 70cl milk.  This to keep me 'hydrated' on the Saturday evening.

Lost the use of my legs by the time the Foos went off stage.

• Like 1