Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet (2019 edition)

eFestivals

I can't believe I didn't have my first pint until I was at the meet ?  Normally I'm more socially lubricated by that time and will chat to any and everyone.  I then proceeded to drink a lot in quite a short space of time, not realising I was already a bit spangled from sunstroke..... oooops. Did get a decent amount of hugs off folk, but will be aiming for more next time!  The meet didn't feel long enough for my liking.

Apologies for not being there. In all honesty, my introversion kicked in and I didn’t want to be confronted by meeting lots of people who I know I wouldn’t recognise and have to pretend to remember their usernames/posts. 

Feel like I missed out. You’re all lovely, I’m sure. 

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Apologies for not being there. In all honesty, my introversion kicked in and I didn’t want to be confronted by meeting lots of people who I know I wouldn’t recognise and have to pretend to remember their usernames/posts. 

No need to apologise to anyone!  Introversion happens to us all.

I spotted a couple of familiar faces which I think is the only reason I was able to go and be sociable without a load of drink in me.  

I'm glad we do name badges because even if I have met people before, I am terrible with remembering people.  I also get convinced that no-one will remember me even if I remember them (this applies in real life as well as meet type things).

23 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Although I haven't been to Glastonbury for a few years now, I can honestly say that the meet up is really very enjoyable. I went to my first meet up (which was at the Cider Bus) and had the very same anxieties as you have expressed. Strangely enough I didn't even meet a single efester that year. I couldn't see anybody with efests t shirts on, so couldn't tell who was who. So, the next year I plucked up the courage all over again, and went for it again. This time, I connected with people - I think I saw Mr& Mrs efests sitting down giving name badges out (and there may have been an efests flag flying too). Anyway, despite my initial nerves, I managed to relax quite rapidly and enjoyed the company of everybody I met. I've been to two more since then and enjoyed them thoroughly too.

My advice if you get a ticket for next year (as I have little doubt you'll be trying to) is to grab the bull by the horns and go for it. It's a fantastic way to start the festival off. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Nearly happened to me, I briefly jumped in got me sticker shook about 3-4 peoples hands then ran back to me pals who were in the same bar and hadn’t noticed I had just wandered off plus we were moving soon anyway. 

Will do better next time if October decides to treat me again. 

On 7/3/2019 at 5:00 PM, crazyfool1 said:

mrs skoo didn't seem to be doing too bad either :) 

I was like a kid at Christmas, was so pleased I'd actually made it for once! Plus Wednesday excitement. I do recall a particularly cringe-worthy moment telling Neil I thought he'd be more like Gandalf.

I promise to be much more cool and reserved next year if the ticket gods are kind.

Just now, Skoo said:

I was like a kid at Christmas, was so pleased I'd actually made it for once! Plus Wednesday excitement. I do recall a particularly cringe-worthy moment telling Neil I thought he'd be more like Gandalf.

I promise to be much more cool and reserved next year if the ticket gods are kind.

nope dont .. Glastonbury is a great opportunity to let go ... save being reserved for normal life :) it was funny ... nothing wrong with that at all :) 

On 7/6/2019 at 12:26 AM, kalifire said:

Sure, I'll take that :D

EDIT: also worth pointing out that I went in 17, met people and had lots of fun, recognised them this year at the R&F as I approached, and still managed to march straight on past and into Avalon to collect myself before having another crack.

Edited by Quark

7 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Never change!! You do you :)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...