Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet (2019 edition)

eFestivals

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

edited that one :) ... thanks for the pint ... a lady of your word :) 

You actually deserved at least two - one for the restaurant recommendation and one for the suggestion of the library to print out my clashfinder.  So if the ticket gods are kind to us both next year, there'll be another one for you.

Edited by Beerqueen

Good to meet those that I chatted to, didn't stay that long as think overdid it a bit on the Tuesday night crew bar crawl with recycling crew and was feeling a bit jaded and after meeting some other mates was going to come back but was a bit wiped so headed back

6 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

You actually deserved at least two - one for the restaurant recommendation and one for the suggestion of the library to print out my clashfinder.  So if the ticket gods are kind to us both next year, there'll be another one for you.

very kind off you ... its great to help like minded people on this forum .... some lovely people on efests :) 

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Just to say it was a pleasure to meet new friends and old. Thank you to @Bin Fish for an awesome flag, which will be flying at our next 6 festivals this year. You mad feckers in RAM jam jar shirts made me smile. Did anyone recognise the t shirts away from the efest meet? I hope you all had an amazing festival with so many fabulous memories and stories, to store and share on long winter evenings. See you in 2020 fingers crossed.

Likewise, it was a real pleasure to meet you, @pilton digger, and everyone else I met (which is quite a few too many to mention). I hope I didn’t worry anyone by the end, I didn’t realise quite how bloodshot my eyes were getting! ?

Everyone there just went to show was a heartwarming and diverse community this is. You’re all so special and I hope you had as much of a blast this year as I did.

Oh, and cheers again @eFestivals for making all this possible in the first place! 

2 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Mine was recognised twice before I got to the meet.,.. early on outside Tricketts by the chap who designed it, and by a stallholder when I went to buy food near Toad Hall I think 

Couldn’t believe it when I saw you up by Tricketts. Had only been out and about for half an hour - what are the chances?! Also, my mam saw you from a distance and was very confused. 

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

We came across a sticker in one of the long drops opposite the rocket lounge as well. 

WOW!

It was great to meet so many of you at the meet and again around the site over the weekend. Also bumped into @guypjfreak yesterday who didn't make the meet.

Some of you may recall that I bought along a friend who was unaware if eFest before the meet; he came away commenting "what a lovely bunch of nutters". I hope you'll accept that as a compliment. 

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

It was great to meet so many of you at the meet and again around the site over the weekend. Also bumped into @guypjfreak yesterday who didn't make the meet.

Some of you may recall that I bought along a friend who was unaware if eFest before the meet; he came away commenting "what a lovely bunch of nutters". I hope you'll accept that as a compliment. 

That genuinely made me lol.  I do takt it completely as a compliment!  Nice to meet you after missing you at Bearded Theory.  Feel like I need to start looking into another festival soon!

On 6/27/2019 at 7:06 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

Thanks all, great fun meeting everyone, it’s going to be an amazing Glastonbury, Wednesday alone was 100% perfect for me. @Brave Sir Robin @Supernintendo Chalmers @Curlygirl @pie_and_a_pint @HMV 

89DBFFA8-9B2B-41A2-B4B5-F8C75652DD48.jpeg

63C3A923-C95C-4577-BC57-F133EEEEE191.jpeg

73DB25E0-C37C-421B-98A3-546B20DF274A.jpeg

Was lovely to meet you. Nice to catch up with a few other eFesters too. Apologies to anyone I missed, I always feel too awkward at these kind of events to just jump in and introduce myself. Hope everyone had a wonderful time.

10 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

We are that :) good to meet you twice :) 

2 minutes ago, davefb said:

OH I AM IN AWE OF THAT HAT!

Will have to make more effort next year!

Meet up was great, will have to post a bit more before the next one!

Thanks :) ... takes a bit of time but totally worth it ... need to up my game for the 50th though .. not sure how yet :) 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thanks :) ... takes a bit of time but totally worth it ... need to up my game for the 50th though .. not sure how yet :) 

A working replica of the Arcadia spider metamorphosis show on your head. Pangea isn’t quite ready yet.

• Like 1

On 27 June 2019 at 11:28 AM, Pinhead said:

Great meet which seemed well attended. For some reason i look knackered in that pic. Same time next year? ;)

I'm pretty sure I'm sat next to you just out of shot down picture.

Sorry if I was boring you that much ;).

Seriously though, always a pleasure The Wednesday Meet is.

I have lots more pics, i just posted some considering the thingymajiggy stuff. Only got home this afternoon and laptop in for repair. Posted what I hope hasn't. I'll figure a share tomorrow cos have about 30 pics. ☺️

IMG_20190626_190129.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 4:32 PM, deebeedoobee said:

Just to say it was a pleasure to meet new friends and old. Thank you to @Bin Fish for an awesome flag, which will be flying at our next 6 festivals this year. You mad feckers in RAM jam jar shirts made me smile. Did anyone recognise the t shirts away from the efest meet? I hope you all had an amazing festival with so many fabulous memories and stories, to store and share on long winter evenings. See you in 2020 fingers crossed.

I spotted the t-shirt at Mik Artistik at croissant Neuf and accosted @Bin Fish! What a legend. 

It was bloody lovely to see you all again! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrZigster said:

I'm pretty sure I'm sat next to you just out of shot down picture.

Sorry if I was boring you that much ;).

Seriously though, always a pleasure The Wednesday Meet is.

Yes I was talking to you for a little while I think. Never boring mate :)