Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet (2019 edition)

eFestivals

14 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Do come, @ravermum

Just look for me/ask someone to point me out and I promise to come and talk to you! I’m never good when I first meet people, but know enough people now to be very happy at the meet and can chaperone you!

:)

Ben x

It's alright Benny pal. We got this. ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Do come, @ravermum

Just look for me/ask someone to point me out and I promise to come and talk to you! I’m never good when I first meet people, but know enough people now to be very happy at the meet and can chaperone you!

:)

Ben x

The only challenge to to try and spot Ben when he's not moving (we call that Monday). 

52 minutes ago, Quark said:

Try and catch yourself a Bennyhug (TM) if you can. They're invigorating enough to see you through to at least Sunday.

You get to do a lap of the site while hanging on. It's quite exhilarating. ?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Wanna meet up beforehand? Definitely want to have a drink with you on the farm. X

This. You're one of us, it would be criminal if the numbers scared you off this year. None of us have met most of us more than a couple of times, how could we when we meet once a year (less including fallows). 

If you turn up, you'll find you know these people you've never met more than half the people who are already there. We all hang out on this place most of the year, it's so good to actually "increase the bandwidth" and speak  for real. 

I was shocked  last year how much  these people I only knew from forum posts were, in fact the same people  that I knew from forum posts.

In short, don't be a stranger, because  you're already not.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This. You're one of us, it would be criminal if the numbers scared you off this year. None of us have met most of us more than a couple of times, how could we when we meet once a year (less including fallows). 

If you turn up, you'll find you know these people you've never met more than half the people who are already there. We all hang out on this place most of the year, it's so good to actually "increase the bandwidth" and speak  for real. 

I was shocked  last year how much  these people I only knew from forum posts were, in fact the same people  that I knew from forum posts.

Such a nice post. What a friendly bunch you guys are :) 

In my hungover and slightly tender state, this is one of the most beautiful things I can remember reading in a while

See you all there ?

Edited by Sasperella

This is lovely ?, I’ve met people but am stupidly rubbish with names and faces so I have no hope of remembering... especially when giddy at Glastonbury . 

Im looking forward to the meet ...... although I’m not promising not to glitter @Mardy again (or anyone else that stands still long enough ) , I will try to keep the glittering in control this year ????

5 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

This is lovely ?, I’ve met people but am stupidly rubbish with names and faces so I have no hope of remembering... especially when giddy at Glastonbury . 

Im looking forward to the meet ...... although I’m not promising not to glitter @Mardy again (or anyone else that stands still long enough ) , I will try to keep the glittering in control this year ????

I demand to be glittered! Essential part of my Glastonbury!

• Upvote 1

It took me a few years to get the confidence to go along, I spent 3 or 4 years just walking past without diving in, but the fear and trepidation disapppears in a couple of minutes once you take the plunge. Like others have said, it's not a huge gathering of us all sitting in some semicircular assembly while Neil decided who gets the conch and is allowed to speak next, but rather a whole bunch of smaller groups of 3 or 4 people chatting away. Everyone has stickers with their names on, just look for someone whose name you recognise or had some interaction with on here in the past. They'lll be delighted to meet you, and be very welcoming, I'm sure.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I walked past last time. I did the same at Boomtown too. Panic set in!

Give me a shout if u want a plus one :) ... me and my non efest friend going ... although he’s on here but don’t think he ever posts :) ... I’m sure we have something to talk about dependant on June 1st :) 

27 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

? then you’ll be pleased to hear I have a new selection on lush, biodegradable, compostable glitter... ??

Yay! You gave me a bag of glitter and a limited edition Lulu Guinness vaseline last time. ?

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Give me a shout if u want a plus one :) ... me and my non efest friend going ... although he’s on here but don’t think he ever posts :) ... I’m sure we have something to talk about dependant on June 1st :) 

Cheers - the rest coming with me aren't on here! That's partly why I bottled out last time!

In 17 i almost bottled it and walked past, I get very nervous and awkward but found the courage and jumped in and started chatting to some really nice people.

I've been a bit more  active on here this year  so i can’t wait to say hello to you all next month.

5 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Yay! You gave me a bag of glitter and a limited edition Lulu Guinness vaseline last time. ?

I did indeed my lovely xxx  I think we had had a glitter conversation beforehand and I bought glitter and Vaseline ( to stick in on lol,) for a few people ????