Post Fallow Year giddyness

DesperateDad

1 hour ago, ravermum said:

Congratulations - that must have been a white knuckle ride!

Thanks, it's been stressful, I've been doing every competition going, but had decided I wasn't going to go through the stress of hoping for a secret resale, I think we've seen the end of them.

Was still lurking in the resale thread though, and a few days back someone said Oxfam are putting up one or two positions a day, just need to be on there at the right time.

So I've been refreshing the Oxfam page for the last 3 days, and got on there this afternoon, paid my deposit and signed up for the training!

I'm now fully on the hype train!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lala1978 said:

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was out, after having been unsuccessful in October and in the resale. Then low and behold, yesterday I won two tickets in a bloody competition and so now I'm going!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOO HAPPY!!! I'm now playing catch up on the build up, starting my shopping & packing lists, thinking about outfits, following the Glasto playlist on Spotify and checking efests every 30 mins for updates.

DID I SAY I WAS EXCITED???????!!!!!!

I made my coworker read the twix ninja story earlier 

received_386516475282466.gif

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pinhead said:

As have Bearded next week, I'm already getting into the mood. Great that just 3 weeks or so later there is Glasto too. Going to be a busy few weeks.

Bearded is like a delicious starter to wet your appetite before the main Glastonbury course. 

Currently sat on a coach in Hampshire, about to set off for Coventry, in a massive grump, on my day off, to go on a works trip’ (i.e corporate visit) for a day of lectures. FFS.

Intending to Glastobate all the way there and back by reading these posts to keep the excitement for Glastonbury at peak levels. 

Not long now people!

(Also: roll on 5.30pm today)

It’s only in the last week that my excitement levels have really started to soar. I think the cost of the trip (flights from Australia, travel around the country, accommodations, spending money) has had me unable to reconcile the expense with guilt free excitement. Now it’s so close, I’m starting to think ‘fuck it’ and just enjoy it 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

same! It sort of doesn't feel real that I'm actually going.

didn't you get your tickets in the re sale off you got them late?

that must be the best feeling, I have always managed to either get them in the sale or missed out all together (once)

9th Glastonbury on the bounce for me. The last post-fallow year festival in 2013 was fucking brilliant, so many changes to the site and new ideas, everything seemed fresh, the year off definitely gives the team a year to recharge their brains. Confident it will be the same again this year.

4 hours ago, westholtschic said:

Must confess have not been to excited about this year until the resale when my two best friends got tickets for their first time to wonderland.

Now I'm excited as mr excited the most excited man in the world. Bring it on.

it’s amazing introducing people who haven’t been before  - first-time excitement is definitely infectious! 

Edited by kh24
  • Upvote 2

This will be my 12th consecutive Glastonbury and the giddiness never wains! Cannot wait to spend a week (we go in on Tuesday as we have a caravan) in the best place in the world and see all my lovely festival friends!  :party:

17 minutes ago, Dub-You said:

Been trying to keep the excitedness under wraps. But its gotten loose today. So much so I am posting here for the first time in three-ish years!

Welcome back.

It’s good that this week has been a bit calmer. I’ve been getting too excited too early. There’s still 5 weeks to go, need to not peak so early, and focus on getting through the next couple of weeks without spending every moment daydreaming about it. I think it ties into something very astute that @Zoo Music Girl said the other week, that by placing so much pressure and excitement on the festival, you can build it up to a level where your expectations are never going to be met.

• Upvote 1

so today I had a lady come to do an energy survey on my flat ...she saw the hats and the webcam and started talking Glastonbury as she is also going ... the survey lasted approximately 15 minutes of which at least half was Glastonbury talk .... £75 lighter .... but at least I got some Glastonbury talk in ... it made it seem better value for money somehow :) 

23 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

so today I had a lady come to do an energy survey on my flat ...she saw the hats and the webcam and started talking Glastonbury as she is also going ... the survey lasted approximately 15 minutes of which at least half was Glastonbury talk .... £75 lighter .... but at least I got some Glastonbury talk in ... it made it seem better value for money somehow :) 

When you said energy survey I pictured her walking round the flat with crystals making sure all the chi was aligned.