Post Fallow Year giddyness

DesperateDad

I'm loving reading the posts and getting the sense of increasing excitement for those of us lucky enough to have scored our tickets or found some other way into the party.

This year will be my 3rd on the bounce but having had the fallow year (and only just scraping through resale after seeing the all tickets allocated message) this feels like a gift from some magical combination of Santa Claus and Michael Eavis (#memeopportunity) and my giddyness levels are already off the meter. 

How's everybody else doing. Are you keeping a lid on it as best you can or already making your lists and checking them twice...?

• Like 2

8th on the bounce for me.  Excitement is starting to build.  Most of my working day is spent obsessing in this place (and on bitcoin) but as soon as the full lineup is out and there are daily weather reports, my excitement will explode.

I'm trying to avoid the glastocam thread though.  As amazing as watching the site take shape is, I don't want to spoil the surprise of Arcadia for me.  Unfortunately I am lacking in self control so invariably always end up checking it.

It's pretty much on my mind for most of the day. I'll suddenly start talking to someone about something to do with the festival/my to-do list, and to them it seems completely random or out of context so they just look confused. Meanwhile, I'm completely bemused as to why they are looking at me strangely.

Added to this my partner isn't going (the curse of being a schoolteacher) so I have to be really mindful that I don't just constantly ramble on and on about it at any given opportunity/name-drop Glastonbury into every conversation I can. If I didn't have this forum as an outlet for glasto-bating I'd probably explode.   

I'm basically desperate for anyone in my vicinity to start talking about Glastonbury so I can wade in.

Edited by kh24
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Excitement is at medium level at the moment. After not having been since 2015 i should be champing at the bit by now but because there are just the two of us out of our old party of 7 we are taking it easy. Being 57 my excitement tends to be less these days, but will likely ramp up some more when the full line-up is out and the site build pics come out. a bit worried about my levels of fitness as well this year!

11 minutes ago, kh24 said:

It's pretty much on my mind for most of the day. I'll suddenly start talking to someone about something to do with the festival/my to-do list, and to them it seems completely random or out of context so they just look confused. Meanwhile, I'm completely bemused as to why they are looking at me strangely.

Added to this my partner isn't going (the curse of being a schoolteacher) so I have to be really mindful that I don't just constantly ramble on and on about it at any given opportunity/name-drop Glastonbury into every conversation I can. If I didn't have this forum as an outlet for glasto-bating I'd probably explode.   

I'm basically desperate for anyone in my vicinity to start talking about Glastonbury so I can wade in.

Not too worry. That is why we are all here. We understand :)

• Like 2

will be my 5th one this year too and my buzz really started to get going again when they were started announcing areas, I feel like they need to drop the full line up now though with times etc to proper make me buzz, its torturous how long they keep it from us?

Edited by LSTx

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was out, after having been unsuccessful in October and in the resale. Then low and behold, yesterday I won two tickets in a bloody competition and so now I'm going!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOO HAPPY!!! I'm now playing catch up on the build up, starting my shopping & packing lists, thinking about outfits, following the Glasto playlist on Spotify and checking efests every 30 mins for updates.

DID I SAY I WAS EXCITED???????!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

8th on the bounce for me! Only just started getting excited having bagged tickets in the Sunday resale 8 minutes after the sold out tweet on Twitter and seeing the sold out message on my devices! Was already looking at holidays out of the country over the Glasto weekend so that I could ignore the whole thing when a friend said they had got them.

Has taken a while to sink in that we are actually going again and I kept checking the confirmation email for about a week after resale! First time having to go to resale so it is a strange feeling not having a long build up from October.

Watched some 2017 BBC coverage last night that I still had on the Sky planner and finally got properly excited about going! Less than 6 weeks to go!

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

It is safe to say that the lid is well and truly off :danced:

Fantastic :D

36 minutes ago, FestiZebra said:

In a similar situation. I got tickets in resale but the whole 6 months prior I got upset if anyone even mentioned the G word!!! 

I'm certainly giddy but trying to keep it on the DL especially in work where no one understands

When I'm in the office I have other glastogoers to chat with plus my wife, 2 sons & next door neighbour - plenty of outlets :clapping:

35 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

My excitement is peaking very early this year. I hope I can maintain it until the end of June.

I hear you but I suspect it's not going to be a problem for any of us

35 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

5th in a row for me, first experience of the fallow year and my gosh it has been hard!! Ridiculously excited, lucky enough to get through the sale back in October I'm so giddy

Perfect!

33 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

got really excited....... then plateaued..... now starting to ramp up again 

I'm sure I'll have a slight drop (there's a busy few weeks at work to get through first)

29 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I'm trying to avoid the glastocam thread though.  As amazing as watching the site take shape is, I don't want to spoil the surprise of Arcadia for me.  Unfortunately I am lacking in self control so invariably always end up checking it.

Agreed on the glastocam moratorium, it's a tough one though. So much to tempt us.

25 minutes ago, kh24 said:

I second @fred quimby We're here for you

20 minutes ago, ghandi said:

Excitement is at medium level at the moment. After not having been since 2015 i should be champing at the bit by now but because there are just the two of us out of our old party of 7 we are taking it easy. Being 57 my excitement tends to be less these days, but will likely ramp up some more when the full line-up is out and the site build pics come out. a bit worried about my levels of fitness as well this year!

Still a little longer to wait for that full line up announcement, it just adds to the anticipation for me

17 minutes ago, Jah_Roots said:

i get to my desk, do about 10mins of actually work - then spend the next eight hours on here.

the only variation is the occasional look at the webcam, and adding any little things i think of to my list.

so yeah - lid well and truly off!

Heh heh heh 

14 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Not too worry. That is why we are all here. We understand :)

Aye

13 minutes ago, LSTx said:

will be my 5th one this year too and my buzz really started to get going again when they were started announcing areas, I feel like they need to drop the full line up now though with times etc to proper make me buzz, its torturous how long they keep it from us?

Its that layering of anticipation that makes it so magical (well for me anyway)

• Like 2

6th on the bounce for me and this is my 2nd year going solo after 2017.  I wouldn’t have it any other way now !

Lucky to get tickets in October but then you have the 9 month wait instead of the short wait after resale 

I’ve been making lists, stacking piles of camping stuff all over the house - the Mrs thinks I’m mental 

Just started catching up on Barbster360’s vlogs as they always send me over the edge 

Fair to say I'm pretty excited now by the amount of time I'm spending on here... taken a while to get going this year but I'm pretty desperate for that full line-up now! This is my second fallow year experience proper but I missed 2016 so I've had a few years without it in my summer and it is sorely missed. Absence makes the heart grow fonder though for sure. All I'm thinking about at the moment is going for that first wander around the site and feeling home :)

• Like 1

Pretty damned excited. 

I've now reached the stage whereby "if I drop this heavy thing on my foot it would probably really hurt and poss break it"

Has morphed into 

"If I drop this on my foot I'd miss G and that's the worst thing I could possibly imagine. In fact I'm going to carefully put it down".

And I'm a clumsy prick at the best of times.

My risk management has gone into HYPERDRIVE

I moved to a new office last year.  I am already mentioning Glastonbury every day.  Little do they know what it's going to be like in the two or so weeks beforehand when I will be mentioning it every hour, plus commenting on the weather, whether the white clouds are going to turn grey, or the grey black, and the black actually turn to rain "blue sky over the hill, looks ok.  Think it's going to blow over". etc etc.

Ha ha!  They just don't know......

And then there's the announcements.... I almost feel sorry for them.

Today I can finally say I am going to Glastonbury! Managed to get an Oxfam place this afternoon after missing out in the main sale, coach resale and ticket resale.

Not missed a festival since my first in 2008, and was feeling sick to my stomach, it's become such a big part of my life I don't know what I would have done. I'd had the days booked off work since before the main sale and hadn't cancelled them on the off chance something would turn up.

Now not only am i going, but I'll be there from the Monday before soaking it all up. 

Giddy is exactly how I've felt today, I can't begin to explain it.

Really looking forward to being part of the crew as well, perfect year for me to do it as there are no must sees for me on the line up, so I'll take whatever shifts they throw at me. It's only 3 x 8hr shifts as well, so considering I'll be there 7 days it's a pretty small percentage of time I'll be working.

I'm absolutely buzzing!

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, mazola said:

Today I can finally say I am going to Glastonbury! Managed to get an Oxfam place this afternoon after missing out in the main sale, coach resale and ticket resale.

Not missed a festival since my first in 2008, and was feeling sick to my stomach, it's become such a big part of my life I don't know what I would have done. I'd had the days booked off work since before the main sale and hadn't cancelled them on the off chance something would turn up.

Now not only am i going, but I'll be there from the Monday before soaking it all up. 

Giddy is exactly how I've felt today, I can't begin to explain it.

Really looking forward to being part of the crew as well, perfect year for me to do it as there are no must sees for me on the line up, so I'll take whatever shifts they throw at me. It's only 3 x 8hr shifts as well, so considering I'll be there 7 days it's a pretty small percentage of time I'll be working.

I'm absolutely buzzing!

Congratulations - that must have been a white knuckle ride!

6 hours ago, kh24 said:

It's pretty much on my mind for most of the day. I'll suddenly start talking to someone about something to do with the festival/my to-do list, and to them it seems completely random or out of context so they just look confused. Meanwhile, I'm completely bemused as to why they are looking at me strangely...

My daughter was talking to me yesterday about the awful Alabama abortion bill that got passed yesterday.

I said yeah thats terrible, so Draconian......pause.......and that Sunday night clash between Janelle Monae and The Cure will be a nightmare too.

Didn't go down too well.

(We're going to The Cure by the way)

• Like 1