Pilton Palais 2019 / Bradley Cooper

Simpo

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

"Fully licensed bar from midnight"? Seems an odd time to open. Didn't someone post on here a little while ago that this was supposed to be the cheapest bar on site?

Yes I thought that was weird too.. hopefully a mistake.

40 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Is Bradley Cooper any good as a musician or do people just want to see him because he's famous? Just wondering because actors can be a real mixed bag in this regard but quite a few are very, very bad. 

Depp was a suitably dishevelled mess when he introduced .. I think it was probably Withnail & I at Cineramageddon last time round.

Edited by Boris

4 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Flashback to Keanu Reeves getting pelted with all sorts on the Other stage in 1999.

But what a gentleman he was after the set. He spent ages chatting with people. Love Keanu.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Boris said:

Depp was a suitably dishevelled mess when he introduced .. I think it was probably Withnail & I at Cineramageddon last time round.

It was then he introduced the next film where he said he was going to bump off Trump, the Withnail intro was very boring in comparison!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

"Fully licensed bar from midnight"? Seems an odd time to open. Didn't someone post on here a little while ago that this was supposed to be the cheapest bar on site?

Doesn't suggest when it closes though.  Perhaps it opens midnight on Wednesday and never closes...

17 hours ago, Boris said:

Yes that's what I mean. He might be a famous actor but is his music any good if that's what he is there to do. I wouldn't waste time going to see an actor do a set unless he happened to also be a good musician. 

• 1 month later...

Just in case anyone is interested, I've seen quite a lot of the movies being shown at Glastonbury, so thought I'd share my thoughts on the ones that I've seen (Ignoring the 'classic' films, we've probably all seen them already)

Aladdin
Really good. Doesn't deserve the criticisms it has been given, especially towards Will Smith. For something to do in the early afternoon on the Wednesday, I would thoroughly recommend watching it.

Bohemian Rhapsody (Sing-Along)
I personally didn't enjoy the film, but I imagine it will be a good atmosphere over there provided people get involved for the singalong. The film isn't the best, but the music is

Captain Marvel
Not the best Marvel outing, and if you haven't already seen it, I don't think you need to.

Shazam!
Probably my favourite DC film since the Nolan Batman trilogy. Really fun, well timed jokes. It's basically Deadpool that you'd let kids watch.

Rocketman
Brilliant. I normally struggle for something to do after the headliners finish, as I'm not into the dance music so I'll definitely watch this again. Taron Egerton does a brilliant job as Elton, and it's more like a fantasy musical than a straight-up biopic. I've never been that into Elton John's music but this was one of my favourite films of the year so far.

Yesterday
Saw this movie last night. It's not great. Don't waste your time on Saturday morning watching this shite. It's good for the first half an hour, until Ed Sheeran turn up. Then the entire movie is "Oh, let's see how much we can get Ed Sheeran in this movie". The only upside are The Beatles classics, and the acting is alright.

Avengers: Endgame
No words needed. It's epic, but very long. Probably not worth wasting your time at Glastonbury watching a film that is 3 hours long though.

Liam Gallagher: As It Was
Really enjoyed this. It feels like a very honest and open insight into what happened to Liam since Oasis split up 10 years ago. It goes from Beady Eye, through to his current solo stuff. Even has a nice bit of his Other Stage set. He's also supposedly introducing the film, which would be cool.

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
Not the greatest of films. It's basically a Where's Wally of Pokemon, which makes it kind of fun. Plus, Ryan Reynolds. Who doesn't like Ryan Reynolds?

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (Sing-Along)
Pretty naff film, but I imagine on Saturday night, with the singalongs, this will be a right laugh. It's not the worst film I've ever seen, but by no means the best. Luckily, Abba have some bangers that were used in the film.

Toy Story 4
I'm seeing this tomorrow, I'll update once I've seen it.

Fighting With My Family
If you like wrestling, you'll enjoy it. There's a fair few WWE cameos, and the film is alright. It passes a few hours, but maybe wait for the blu ray to come out in a couple of weeks.

Beats
By a long way the best movie on all weekend. it's just such a shame it's on at a peak time. It's set in Scotland, around the 90s rave ban. The whole film is in black and white, which seems strange at first. I won't spoil it, but once you get towards the end, you understand the art behind the colour. I just wish this one was on late night. Would have loved to have seen it again

• Upvote 1