What's your run in?

MrHew

May:

Workworkworkworkworkworkwork...

June:

Workworkwork...PRAY MRS WOFFY DOESN'T GO INTO LABOUR 3 WEEKS EARLY...workworkworkwork...

Tuesday 25th June, 7.30pm:

Get in the queue, eat picnic, drink queuebeer, PRAY IT DOESN'T RAIN, try not to get arrested for attacking bloke with acoustic guitar and one song at 3am.

9 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

I'm not going to be too far from you, I'll be based in Leek, close to The Roaches. I've been visiting for nearly two years now, and I love the place. Can't wait to explore it properly ?

Lots of fantastic walks around here. You'll enjoy it!

4 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Genuinely excited to explore the surroundings. I cycle a fair bit, so there's that too, although I imagine the hills will take some getting used to!

You'll love it. I'm definitely predicting a brighter second half to your year. I'm not a cyclist but have a lot of friends who are and they love cycling in the peaks. Hope the move goes really well for you. 

1 minute ago, rubick said:

If you see a couple sauntering about the festival wearing black and white KLF tops - that's me and my other half! 

Not that I want it to rain but if it does I have a belter JAM's poncho I got from the KLF/JAM's event back in 2017.

I've got  to dog sit for my boss next week.  Technically I'll be 'working from home' but in reality I'll be sat in my bosses hot tub, looking after a Chihuahua that is only seen when it's dinner time so looking forward to having a paid week off work.

28th - Birthday times

June is quite sparse in the run up to the big G.  Might go down to Brighton for a friends birthday but otherwise it's a relaxing month

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

You'll love it. I'm definitely predicting a brighter second half to your year. I'm not a cyclist but have a lot of friends who are and they love cycling in the peaks. Hope the move goes really well for you. 

Thank you - I am very much hoping so - I'm generally a positive person however admittedly I've had my setbacks and challenges with that so far this year. I'm am sure the second half of the year (squeezing Glasto into that too) will be great ?

If either of us make the efests meet, it'll be great to have a beverage. I'm not going to know many perople in that part of the world initially!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Not that I want it to rain but if it does I have a belter JAM's poncho I got from the KLF/JAM's event back in 2017.

Ah nice one - I have a yellow 2023 t-shirt (although I wasn't at the 400 event)!

Beer festival this Friday, there will be music but TBH I'm there for the beer and chats.

Bearded Theory next week. Meeting up with family and friends.

Any gigs at the local that I can fit in before heading off to the farm.

The run-in is fine, it's the run-out after the festival that can be problematic.

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

Well, as usual I’m totally manic:

Now: Istanbul Süleymaniye Mosque 

19th Gallipoli 

23rd Home, and photography for Manchester Jazz Festival 

24th Bearded Theory

7th Ludlow weekend 

12th Gig with my band

15th Starting Volunteering for the Cricket World Cup

21st London trip

23th A little performance at Manchester Day

24th Meeting up with the gang near festival for the Monday night 

18th May - watch City win the FA Cup (hopefully)

23rd - 28th May - Bearded Theory with an extra day off work on the Tuesday

1st June - Family wedding

2nd June - eat and sleep to help with wedding hangover

15th June - Friend's wedding

16th June - eat and sleep to help with wedding hangover

17th - 25th June - work, work, work, work, work, weekend, weekend, work, work

26th June - 08:15 coach from Bolton

Tomorrow: Manics at Shepherd's Bush

May 30: Daughter's birthday

June 15: Sri Lanka v Australia in Cricket World Cup

June 20: Football fixtures out! See who Luton have first game back in the Championship :)

June 25: Head down to Glastonbury!

All pretty quiet really!

Only just noticed but I appear to be on one big, long elongated 90s revival!

24-26 - Shindig Festival 

31st - Senser, Credit to the Nation and Collapsed Lung at the 100 Club

8th -Julian Clary at The Palladium

15th - Frank Skinner at the Leicester Square Theatre!

24/05 - All Points East

28/05 - FKA Twigs @ Ally Pally

01/06 - Champions League Final (watching it at the new Spurs ground, as a United fan I will be cheering them quite lustily)

03/06 - Tierra Whack @ Village Underground

06/06 & 09/06 - Nations League Semi and Final (No doubt somewhere with a big screen and many beers

07/06-08/06 - Field Day

22/06 - Art Night London

25/06 - Last day in the office

26/06 - Set off in the late morning for the big G!

This weekend - hen weekend, we have rented a cottage in the country

Next weekend - Bearded Theory, was going to give it a miss this year but couldn't resist!

First weekend of June is currently free, following weekend is a mates birthday, wedding the weekend after, hoping to keep the weekend before G free for packing and last minute festival prep

We have got Big Weekend on the Saturday next week in Middlesbrough

Follow that up with being dragged along and having to be designated driver for the mrs and her mate for Spice Girls in Sunderland which i'm predicting to be a shower of shit however I said i'd go and now i'm committed. 

Then nothing until Glasto, we have Silverstone 2 weeks after though with some music to look forward to there as well. Sure Razorlight have been confirmed.