2019 Crew Map

bryanj01

Is it the fallow year playing tricks on my brain, or did Block 9 used to be the other side of the old railway?

I swear it used to be in the field that's now apparently the Unfairground, whilst the new Block 9 is the old Unfairground and Glasto Latino.

6 minutes ago, waltere said:

Is it the fallow year playing tricks on my brain, or did Block 9 used to be the other side of the old railway?

I swear it used to be in the field that's now apparently the Unfairground, whilst the new Block 9 is the old Unfairground and Glasto Latino.

In short - no.

Unfairground have been in their current space for quite a few years, and before that, Arcadia had the field but that was back in 2009.

On the other side of the tracks there's been a bit more movement - Block 9 have always been north of the railway although they, The Common, Arcadia, and Glasto Latino have swapped between those 3 fields a few times over the years.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, waltere said:

@incident I bow to your superior knowledge.

Between the fallow year and the state I'm usually in when I end up down there my mental geography of the SE Corner is obviously a bit hazy ?

I’m weirdly quite anal with directions and maps and the like, have naturally looked at many a glasto map and when I’m down there in a state I may as well be anywhere. Not a clue.

1 minute ago, barcelonista1899 said:

If there is a change I guess it may be due to the new block 9 field taking over Glasto Latino. Normally people walk straight lthrough there and disperse to the other venues, but if it is a big draw then it could potentially cause a bit of an issue where people struggle to get through to the other areas? 

Perhaps that’s why (as suggested above) the one way queuing system has been binned for two exit/entrances? 

18 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Perhaps that’s why (as suggested above) the one way queuing system has been binned for two exit/entrances? 

The one way thing is fairly recent anyway isn’t it? Might be talking bollocks again but 2013/14 maybe? I’ve never been without it would be wierd being able to stroll down the railway track

Edited by jow95

To me that looks like you can now get in anyway you want, no real restrictions which I would assume means most people will go via the railway track as it’s the most natural way in, or the old way from West Holts. It’s a detour to go via Avalon unless you are actually going to Avalon.

If you check the crew map posted it is still showing directional arrow signs which to me indicates that the usual SE corner restrictions are still very much in place. Crucially on old railway it is pointing away from SE corner stating exit.

what has been posted is the accessibility map for people with disability wristbands and their access will be different but for most people it is as you were.

Edited by Memory Man

7 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

If you check the crew map posted it is still showing directional arrow signs which to me indicates that the usual SE corner restrictions are still very much in place. Crucially on old railway it is pointing away from SE corner stating exit.

what has been posted is the accessibility map for people with disability wristbands and their access will be different but for most people it is as you were.

You are probably right, I’m not sure why you would change something that isn’t broke apart from the new Block 9. Hadn’t  realised this was an accessibility map.

I’ve personally never found getting in that bad, just accept if you want to go peak post headliner time you have to queue, or just go for a pint wait an hour and go in about 1am and you walk in

8 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Have you got one at a lower resolution, Gnomy?

That's just all a bit too clear and well-defined for me.

Ben

I'm usually pretty good at a magic eye. Just hold it really close to your face and then slowly move it away while remaining unfocused

4 hours ago, ohmygod said:

Valhalla! Thank you! Hmmm slightly blurry when you zoom in- that shouldn't happen with a PDF no?

Edited by Boris

2 hours ago, Barneym said:

To me that looks like you can now get in anyway you want, no real restrictions which I would assume means most people will go via the railway track as it’s the most natural way in, or the old way from West Holts. It’s a detour to go via Avalon unless you are actually going to Avalon.

God I would be so happy if they are getting rid of the cattle-queue!

9 hours ago, Keithy said:

Confirms SE entrance is through Avalon. Sorry @Gnomicide

What he said ?

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

2 hours ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Elephant Bar has replaced Chameleon Bar? 

Think so and Kasbah now Taphouse?Screenshot_20190618-093119_Drive.thumb.jpg.d23e8b29abf3a12f4fcaa437ce36f928.jpg

Edited by Gnomicide

2 hours ago, Boris said:

Didn't the map previously have explicit indication that the Bella's field access was from x o'clock until x  o'clock? 

In previous years, yeah. The lack of timings in this new crew map would suggest Bella’s field might be the only way in regardless of the time this year.