How about a little efestivals fundraiser.

As laid out very honestly in the Gold Membership Time thread in Glastonbury Chat, the ad revenue for this site has really dropped off, despite being as popular as ever, so if we want it to continue we'll have to get a little creative...

I've just won two tickets for Christine and the Queens All Points East. It's for Sunday 26th May in Victoria Park. £65 each I think. I can't use them as 

a) I live in Cumbria

b) I work on Sundays

C) not really a fan tbh

I reckon a blind auction could raise a few quid for the site. Message me with a bid you are happy to pay for the tickets. If, at the end, yours is the highest bid then the tickets are yours. A few quid in the pot for efestivals and a couple of cheap (but not too cheap hopefully) tickets for you.

If we say midnight Sunday 19th as the cut off point. I'll let the winner know on Monday and once they've paid their donation to efestivals (show a receipt or Neil confirms maybe) I'll email the tickets over

I've checked and as far as i can tell there should be no problem with entry (tickets have my name on and 'Competition Winner') but if anyone knows any different please say

Don't post bids on here, message me with them, and good luck!

Feel free to share far and wide especially if you know a fan who wants tickets

• Like 3
  • Upvote 16

2 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Nice idea, a possible alternative that may raise more money would be to hold a raffle, fiver for entry and draw a name out of the hat.

That is a good idea, but has a lot more legalities to observe. People have been selling houses in this way, and have had to withdraw. For this quick win for funding, an auction seems better.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

Congratulations to @Chaarlie, 2 tickets heading your way. 

Just send me a screenshot or something showing the donation receipt and I'll email them over

Just PM'd you the screenshot, that's great thanks! I've been meaning to donate for a while so it's finally got my finger out to do it. Great idea

• Upvote 3