Access to site on Wednesday morning from West Campervan Field

BoEsEpH

We're staying in the west campervan field for the first time this year and we'll be arriving Tuesday afternoon. I'm led to believe that this field has its own access gate to the festival site. 

How do we go about picking up our wristbands? Do we have to join the main queue? Or do we have our own wristband pick up station.. 

We're hoping to access the site early as we have friends who are camping on site, and we're bringing camping equipment for them. 

Thanks 

The gate from CV West to the main site opens earlyish on Wednesday morning (not sure exact time I'm afraid)....you do your ticket/wristband exchange there. It's not a 'main queue' as such so it won't take too long. It's used by CV people and I have also seen some other people with tents and stuff use that queue but not many. Or they might just be people who stayed over night in a CV but are going into the main site with their tent to set up camp. Not sure.

Anyway, the queues to get in haven't been huge but they have taken longer since security has tightened in last 2 years. I think I have only ever queued for 10/15 mins. You will be given a normal festival wristband but you will have to keep hold of your paper ticket and exchange it for a pass-out when you come back to your CV each evening (as you're technically leaving the festival each time). Then each day when you go back into the festival they will check your ticket and scan it again. Guard it with your life as apparently it's a right ball ache if you lose it. 

Hope that helps!

I stayed there about 5 years ago and queued to get in at 8am with a load of tents to set up for mates. There was about 15 people in the queue and ypu get wristbands there same as any other gate. We were one of the 1st onto Paines which was a bizarre experience!! 

Thanks for the replies... that's put my mind at rest. 

Any tips on keeping the ticket safe? I've heard a few people say keep it in the lanyard pouch. I'm still not sure about this, as I could lose it when I'm checking band/stage times, especially after a few beers! 

On 5/16/2019 at 9:12 AM, BoEsEpH said:

Thanks for the replies... that's put my mind at rest. 

Any tips on keeping the ticket safe? I've heard a few people say keep it in the lanyard pouch. I'm still not sure about this, as I could lose it when I'm checking band/stage times, especially after a few beers! 

Keep it in the lanyard, perfectly safe. Print out Clashfinder for stage times, usually more accurate with last minute changes.