Gate D

timespeedsup

Looking for data on Gate D entry on the Wednesday in 2017, to get a picture for what's needed for this year, ta. 

Your time arriving in the queue to the car park (if any)?

Time parked up?

Time started in the queue to Gate D?

Time through the gate?

If anyone knows what time the gates opened, would be a bonus. Heard it was sometime between 7 and 8am. 

Parked up about 7.30ish, got to queue probably about 9, got in about 2pm. I'm not gonna lie, it was fucking hell.  But we've turned up at that time other years and walked straight in. 

1 hour ago, timespeedsup said:

Ta all. I can maybe be more specific to try for more info. If I turned up around 5:30am, what sort of time would I be through the gate? Cos not wanting to only get in at 2pm as per bexj's comment.

There's no way to be certain unfortunately - whatever will be will be!

The last couple of festivals entry hasn't been great.  In 2016 muddy conditions caused traffic problems.  We were stuck in the car for 8 hours!  Some people stuck on coaches for longer than that.  In 2017 high terror threat meant intensive searches and we queued for 4 hours in the scorching heat.

Who knows what this year will bring!?

On 5/15/2019 at 7:23 PM, timespeedsup said:

Looking for data on Gate D entry on the Wednesday in 2017, to get a picture for what's needed for this year, ta. 

Your time arriving in the queue to the car park (if any)?

Time parked up?

Time started in the queue to Gate D?

Time through the gate?

If anyone knows what time the gates opened, would be a bonus. Heard it was sometime between 7 and 8am. 

Hi!

We got progressively earlier every year. 2017 we arrived at about 10.30pm Tuesday night. No queue to car park just directed straight in. 

Parked up around 10.45pm and queued immediately.  There is a holding pen field thing at the top of the hill which is all metal barriers in a snake and we were probably about 1/5 of the way down it from the front so we were probably in the first 200ish people through the gate. 

Think the gate opened a little before 8am and we were there queueing in the Zig zags directly in felt of the gates when they opened so we were straight through. 

They opened really early in 2016 just after 7am due to the fucking torrential horrendous rain we had been enduring for hours. 

Edited by I feel like Pablo
Due not die lol

4 hours ago, stuie said:

There's no way to be certain unfortunately - whatever will be will be!

The last couple of festivals entry hasn't been great.  In 2016 muddy conditions caused traffic problems.  We were stuck in the car for 8 hours!  Some people stuck on coaches for longer than that.  In 2017 high terror threat meant intensive searches and we queued for 4 hours in the scorching heat.

Who knows what this year will bring!?

Think I did 6 hours in the car at 7pm Wednesday of 2016, my last time there.  But yes to all, weather could be a significant factor. 

• 4 weeks later...

There is no formula, its dependent on so many factors. Just turn up at the time that suits and if you walk through then great, if you queue then you queue. The only way to guarantee avoiding a queue is to arrive later on Wednesday.