2019 Traffic Management Plan

parsonjack

21 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I have a feeling yellow car park is for hospitality now - maybe someone can confirm that..

As regards to getting to the west side park take junction 23 off M5 and head down A39/A361 it will be all sign posted from there tbh

You don't get to chose which car park, you will be put in whatever they are filling up - so either pink or orange and maybe yellow if not allocated to hospitality

Let’s start praying for pink then!

Camped in Pylon for years, normally get the coach but we’re driving this time

Just now, jow95 said:

And your advice for that is?

Not figured that bit out yet.

2016 I was forced into the wrong side of site due to mudgate
2017 we left at 2pm-ish and spent a couple of hours trying to get out of the car park
2019 we're leaving at 4pm

I want to enjoy Sunday night and there's a DJ I want to see at 3am, so have to accept it'll take an age to get out.

Usually it's better to get out during Sunday night into the wee hours of Monday, or so legend goes.

@sam1981 - sorry not very clear - all I mean is if you had a general car parking ticket you’d more than likely be routed to the east car parks if you went the way I said. If you had no car parking ticket (or like me an orange one) at the junction where you’d turn onto the A361 from the A37 - just indicate right and they’ll wave you through (can’t remember if they put in temporary traffic lights over the festival - haven’t driven since 2014). The road remains open to ordinary traffic through out the duration of the festival as it’s quite a key road travelling from E-W for those living in the area.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MJP said:

Not figured that bit out yet.

2016 I was forced into the wrong side of site due to mudgate
2017 we left at 2pm-ish and spent a couple of hours trying to get out of the car park
2019 we're leaving at 4pm

I want to enjoy Sunday night and there's a DJ I want to see at 3am, so have to accept it'll take an age to get out.

Usually it's better to get out during Sunday night into the wee hours of Monday, or so legend goes.

Muchas gracias for the advice, we leave at 6am Monday and just grab a couple hours kip after the headliners but shall be down Tuesday evening for the queue

6 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Muchas gracias for the advice, we leave at 6am Monday and just grab a couple hours kip after the headliners but shall be down Tuesday evening for the queue

If you're leaving at 6am Monday, you don't need advice for leaving. You'll be driving pretty much straight out of the car park and on to an empty road.

Edited by incident

Hi All,

Firstly, FUCKING BUZZING.

Secondly, are the only approach roads A37/A39/A361 into the site? This is what I'm led to believe through reading around. Essentially I'm looking to increase my chances of getting to the orange car park but will be approaching from the east. Wondering if I've got any hope?

Thanks in advance

13 minutes ago, forjustoneday said:

Hi All,

Firstly, FUCKING BUZZING.

Secondly, are the only approach roads A37/A39/A361 into the site? This is what I'm led to believe through reading around. Essentially I'm looking to increase my chances of getting to the orange car park but will be approaching from the east. Wondering if I've got any hope?

Thanks in advance

You need to get on the main road from Glastonbury to get into a West Car Park.

Hi everyone, 

I'm a bit of a lurker, but was wondering if anybody knows the best route to the festival from Evercreech? Staying there on Tuesday night, and intending to set off very early Wednesday morning. 

Am I right in thinking it would be A371 and then A361, and we'd be going into the East car parks?

Thanks!

Right, so due to having to go from Southport via Brighton, I'm trying to figure out how to get to the West Car Park,

The best I can figure at the moment would be to go down the A303 -> B3151 ->A361.  Does that get us to the West Car Park without getting into traffic trouble?

2 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Right, so due to having to go from Southport via Brighton, I'm trying to figure out how to get to the West Car Park,

The best I can figure at the moment would be to go down the A303 -> B3151 ->A361.  Does that get us to the West Car Park without getting into traffic trouble?

Also looking for some info on this! Best way of getting from East to west carparks. Whether thats staying on the A303 for longer or cutting through on t.e B3151...

Cheers