2019 Traffic Management Plan

parsonjack

Looking for some driving related advice - if travelling down from Bath early on the Wednesday morning, once you hit the A37 / A361 road junction, are you able to continue south on the A37 to reach the eastern entrances (i.e. I'm looking to get as close to Gate B as possible), or is traffic directed westwards along the A361 to the western entrances? I've tried to attach a map screenshot to illustrate, however I'm struggling to do that within the app (please tell me if I'm being stupid, and also how to do it if that's possible!) - thanks! :D

19 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Looking for some driving related advice - if travelling down from Bath early on the Wednesday morning, once you hit the A37 / A361 road junction, are you able to continue south on the A37 to reach the eastern entrances (i.e. I'm looking to get as close to Gate B as possible), or is traffic directed westwards along the A361 to the western entrances? I've tried to attach a map screenshot to illustrate, however I'm struggling to do that within the app (please tell me if I'm being stupid, and also how to do it if that's possible!) - thanks! :D

You can only go straight on down the A37. So you will be fine

• Like 1

1 minute ago, al_coholic said:

Ok that's great, thanks - I usually travel from Essex and come up the A37 northwards into the eastern entrances, and recalled seeing no traffic coming from the oppostite direction in 2016 (the direction I intend to travel this year) so just wanted to check the current situation! 

16 hours ago, al_coholic said:

Yup....anyone approaching from North, Bath etc on A37 can choose to turn right onto A361 and head to West carparks until 0001hrs on Weds 26th.  From 0001hrs onwards you can only head to East parking at that junction.

Note though that if you come from Bath etc on A37 after 0001 then you can reach West parking by heading through Shepton Mallet and taking the B3136 out of town (past Tesco...) and then turning right at the junction with A361 and heading down through the village. 

17 hours ago, parsonjack said:

2019 Traffic Management Plan here....

http://www.somerset.gov.uk/EasysiteWeb/getresource.axd?AssetID=136791&type=full&servicetype=Attachment

Haven't checked it thoroughly yet but at first glance it looks to be pretty much as for 2017 with some minor updates.

Thanks for sharing!

Did you get sorted for a ticket in the resale?

15 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Read through it, a riveting document. Actually was trying to get the name of the lane you go down after you turn off the A361 from Glastonbury town if you are staying at worthy view. Still none the wiser! 

I wasn't aware you could get to Worthy View from the A361...but if there is a designated route it's likely to be down Stickleball Lane and a circuitous route from there.  I'll check the plan later and see if that appears to be the case.

• Upvote 1

Just now, drunk pumpkin said:

Thanks for sharing!

Did you get sorted for a ticket in the resale?

No....but some work commitments have forced us to put Glasto on hold at present so we didn't try.  I may have a festival work opportunity if things with proper work get sorted so not giving up all hope yet.  Happy to dish out travel advice though....exercise my inner geek a little more.

Just now, parsonjack said:

No....but some work commitments have forced us to put Glasto on hold at present so we didn't try.  I may have a festival work opportunity if things with proper work get sorted so not giving up all hope yet.  Happy to dish out travel advice though....exercise my inner geek a little more.

That's a shame! 

I hoep the work situation gets sorted for you in the best way possible and if you make the festival you deserve many beers!

15 hours ago, SecretFish said:

So I was planning on meeting my tribe on the a37 south of the blue entrance. Was expecting to wait on the Tuesday morning in a lay by. Presume this means I need a rethink? 

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you are more than a mile or so from the Blue Route entrance....a lot of folks meet at the A303/A37 Podimore roundabout or just off the A37 at West Lydford, or at the Travellers Rest at Stone.  As long as you park safely off the A37 it shouldn't be an issue.

10 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Happy to dish out travel advice though....exercise my inner geek a little more.

Well, as you offered....

Our group are meeting up Tuesday and staying near Sparkford on A303.  We will be up around 7am  to head to to West Car Parks for Gates A or D. Can we sort of cut across and join A361 at West Pennard or should we be keeping on main routes some other way.  Don't want to be annoying locals by using small lanes we shouldn't, and don't want to go to East side parking as we usually camp Dairy/Paines.

Cheers

24 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you are more than a mile or so from the Blue Route entrance....a lot of folks meet at the A303/A37 Podimore roundabout or just off the A37 at West Lydford, or at the Travellers Rest at Stone.  As long as you park safely off the A37 it shouldn't be an issue.

cheers!! will look up those places...

46 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Note though that if you come from Bath etc on A37 after 0001 then you can reach West parking by heading through Shepton Mallet and taking the B3136 out of town (past Tesco...) and then turning right at the junction with A361 and heading down through the village. 

No you can't. There is usually a barrier stopping anyone turning into the village without a pass.

37 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I wasn't aware you could get to Worthy View from the A361...but if there is a designated route it's likely to be down Stickleball Lane and a circuitous route from there.  I'll check the plan later and see if that appears to be the case.

Thanks, that would be great,

last time in 2016 it was a right turn off the 361 coming from Glastonbury then down different lanes  into WV car park. I think it might have been before stickleball lane as it was for festival official traffic, deliveries. It could have been Newtown lane but that’s a guess. As I said some nice person had knocked over the sign so we had to do a u turn in serious traffic to get back to the junction. Leaving the site we has to head towards the  Shepton Mallet road. All WV tell you is to follow the signs. 

21 minutes ago, Northtim said:

Well, as you offered....

Our group are meeting up Tuesday and staying near Sparkford on A303.  We will be up around 7am  to head to to West Car Parks for Gates A or D. Can we sort of cut across and join A361 at West Pennard or should we be keeping on main routes some other way.  Don't want to be annoying locals by using small lanes we shouldn't, and don't want to go to East side parking as we usually camp Dairy/Paines.

Cheers

Go from Sparkford through Somerton and Street and Glastonbury to approach ftom the South.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Yup....anyone approaching from North, Bath etc on A37 can choose to turn right onto A361 and head to West carparks until 0001hrs on Weds 26th.  From 0001hrs onwards you can only head to East parking at that junction.

That's really useful, thanks ?

Another question if anybody ia able to advise, once travelling down the A37 past the A37 / A361 junction, are you able to choose which colour route to take, or is this designated at the time depending on traffic flow / car parking availability etc. (I'm aiming to leave bath around 6/7am)? I've been running on the assumption that the brown route is the best route to take for Ped Gate B?

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Fairly sure its Newtown Lane, definitely not down Stickleball lane as you pass the sign way before you get to Ashcombe Farm. Even though Pennard Hill Farm is off Stickleball Lane, the car park for Worthy View is round the other side accessed off Cockmill Lane. It is much easier to access WV from the East if you can, but I have done it from the West, its just a load of country lanes.

Edited by al_coholic
error

20 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

Go from Sparkford through Somerton and Street and Glastonbury to approach ftom the South.

Cheers, so cutting across and joining A361 nearer the site is a no go then.  I could see us stuck not able to get out of a lane and your route is only 10/15mins longer so will just stick on main roads and hope it is a 2017 type drive and not a 2016 nightmare.