Proposing to my girlfriend at Glastonbury

Tagsman

A friend of mine proposed at the top of the Tor during the 2012 fallow year. Then just before I think the 2013 festival they held the wedding at Pennard House a stones throw from the festival fence. Those of us who went to the festival then had a good 5 day post wedding glasto party the next week. (Culminating with a great sing along moment to the "A Little Help From My Friends" cover by Mumford and Sons)

As an added bonus the bride and groom had sent everyone a small triangle of bunting out with invitation which we were encouraged to put our own designs/art on and send back to them. They were then made into proper strings of bunting and hung up around the wedding.

Unfortunatly while packing up the following morning we accidently left a small section of the bunting at Pennard House. Knowing we were all going to the festival the next week they spoke to someone at the festival and the missing bunting ended up suspended at the festival by the Tipi field. A nice touch :)

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 11:39 AM, Tagsman said:

Ok everyone, thanks for your help! So many great stories, so thanks for sharing. If anyone would like to come and celebrate we will be outside circus and New York brass band are going to give me a helping hand. Saturday eve at 20.20. It would be great to see some of you!

Is that you proposing on the Glastonbury website Saturday photo section?

2 hours ago, Tagsman said:

Yes that was me! It was amazing thanks @chasg for taking the photos. 

Heres another my my friend took from the stage 

0D944F8F-3F47-4A36-9DCD-AF13A421CD75.jpeg

I happened to be there when you proposed, it was such a beautiful moment and New York Brass Band were great in the setup. I was the drunk/coming down guy in the corner with tears streaming down his face.

Massive congratulations, I hope you have a gorgeous wedding. 

3 hours ago, serendipitous said:

I happened to be there when you proposed, it was such a beautiful moment and New York Brass Band were great in the setup. I was the drunk/coming down guy in the corner with tears streaming down his face.

Massive congratulations, I hope you have a gorgeous wedding. 

Thank you! 

• 2 years later...
On 5/15/2019 at 3:15 PM, ian the worm said:

Hello Ian, I hope you are well. I saw this video and would love to include it in an article I am writing. Would it be possible to get your permission to use it? Thank you, Ria. 

We’re still in touch and I see the happy couple each year!

xx

17 minutes ago, Tagsman said:

Update to the Glastonbury proposal - My (now) wife can't make the festival this year as she is pregnant!

Great news this, i read your thread a few months back as i am going to be doing the same this year.

hopefully i will update with  pictures next week!

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 2:53 PM, Tagsman said:

Hi Everyone,

I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend at Glastonbury this year and I was hoping to see if anyone else has done this before and has any ideas/advice they would like to share? I have a vague idea about when and where I would like to do it, but if anyone has any tips to make it extra special I would love to hear it. It’s a very special place to us, and we will have loads of friends there, so I am hoping to do it somewhere fun, maybe up by the sign. 

I read one of the threads from ‘@Kanye’s Cock’ who did it up there and that looked so fun, it would be amazing to organise something like that. 

Thanks!

Someone did it at the sigh a few years ago and it was really atmosphere 

Good luck to anyone proposing this year. Proposed to the Mrs at the top of the Tor (out of festival season) 14 years ago.... now married 13 with two sprogs... bringing them to the festival for the first time this year.

Might have something in my eye over the course of the weekend, particularly when Macca plays. 🙂 

On 5/15/2019 at 3:15 PM, ian the worm said:

In 2013 a very nice man called Andrew came on the eFestivals forum and asked the very same question. 

I responded and organised this.....

We’re still in touch and I see the happy couple each year!

xx

FYI, it’s nine years ago this week and I’ve just seen the ever so lovely Andrew and Sarah on-site again.

Such a memorable moment. ♥️💚♥️💚