Staying in town beforehand

MetaKate

If you don't mind the price of the ticket and have at least a passing interest in medieval architecture or the antics of monks and kings then the ruins of Glastonbury Abbey is well worth a visit too. No bar there unfortunately, but take a picnic and a few cans of your favourite tipple and your sorted for the afternoon ?

I went up the tor once, with a self proclaimed white witch ( are there any other types!?). He sat down cross legged and starting ringing some little bells he had on him. I walked away from him to let him get on with it, and went off to have a smoke elsewhere on the summit. After the smoke, I had a real sense of history, as well as an almost spiritual moment. It was a very humbling moment in time, and made me wonder about how insignificant we are, despite often thinking the opposite. It wasn't a negative way of thinking though, just a realisation. I thought about how people over the centuries must have climbed the tor. And, of course, I thought about King Arthur etc. It's a place that I would willingly go back to. If you get the chance to do it, then do it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/15/2019 at 10:47 AM, Display-Name said:

Would definitely recommend the shuttle bus from Glastonbury town. Very regular so you never have to wait long, good vibe, easy trip and straight to gate A. Think it was £4 or something last time out.

Hey, do you know if people are able to take much on the shuttle like a big travel rucksack?

Thanks ?

Reading this thread I am so glad we decided to spend a few days in the town before travelling to the festival. Had a great holiday in the area last year but pre festival will be a real treat. Just as long as I don’t drink too much, so it’s a touristy visit,. 

Well that’s the plan anyway 

On 5/15/2019 at 7:26 PM, pilton digger said:

Hecks in Street, close town (nearly joined together).  Proper cider and perry, single varieties a speciality. The Kingsdon Black is a work of great beauty.

Just ordered 10 ltrs if Kingston black for next weekend. Should be enough for a trial run ?

On 5/16/2019 at 1:07 PM, Stacey2512 said:

Hey, do you know if people are able to take much on the shuttle like a big travel rucksack?

Thanks ?

Pretty sure they go under the bus in the storage area but in all honesty I can't remember. I had a large hiking backpack and a large bag for life full of cider crates and got it all to the festival with me. My friends are the same.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Display-Name said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but is this the stuff that's 6.8%? If so, had it at a beer and cider festival a few weeks back and it was amazing.

Amazing/a work of great beauty. I think I’ll get a 20ltr next time?