Croissant Neuf Line Up

vintagelaureate

After last time I thought they may have moved Rhythm Of The 90s to a bigger stage that can cope with larger crowds, somewhere like Sensation Seekers. Having ROT9 followed by Wheel Of Four Tunes on Sensation Seekers on the Thursday night would be epic! I know they clashed last time but think they missed a trick by having them on at the same time. Hopefully they won't clash again and they don't play the Thursday as by the sounds of it it was dangerously crowded at Croissant Neuf with little else on across the site. 

7 hours ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

After last time I thought they may have moved Rhythm Of The 90s to a bigger stage that can cope with larger crowds, somewhere like Sensation Seekers. Having ROT9 followed by Wheel Of Four Tunes on Sensation Seekers on the Thursday night would be epic! I know they clashed last time but think they missed a trick by having them on at the same time. Hopefully they won't clash again and they don't play the Thursday as by the sounds of it it was dangerously crowded at Croissant Neuf with little else on across the site. 

It wasn't dangerously crowded.  Very busy though, we arrived just as they started and security had linked arms round the tent and were doing one in one out.  Only took a few minutes for us to get in though - it was warm!! in there but enough space and a great fun gig

We are playing the Saturday night at 11.30pm, we have played with Mad Dog, Mad Apple, Mike Dennis before. Its our first time playing Glasto and we are very excited!! Hope to catch some of you at our set x

Edited by Imprints
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rhythm of the 90s was possibly the worst gig Ive ever been to last time on the Thursday, seriously overcrowded, felt like you'd been in a sauna for a couple of hours and a constant stream of nobs trying to squeeze through you when you were already face to face with randomers to the point you could taste them and couldn't move anymore. Ill be avoiding that like the plague this time around.

38 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Real shame to hear all the reviews of Rhythm of the 90s. I really fancied it (and did last year) but can't be doing with that aggro.

Yeah, its a shame because the band sounded decent enough but you couldn't really enjoy them in that condition, we did about four songs and then got the hell out of dodge. 

Might work better if there was more alternatives on the Thur night to spread people a bit more on on a different stage/night I think they would be quality but that just wasn't enjoyable at all.

1 hour ago, chatty said:

Rhythm of the 90s was possibly the worst gig Ive ever been to last time on the Thursday, seriously overcrowded, felt like you'd been in a sauna for a couple of hours and a constant stream of nobs trying to squeeze through you when you were already face to face with randomers to the point you could taste them and couldn't move anymore. Ill be avoiding that like the plague this time around.

Really surprised by this and some of the other comments above.  We got to CN about 3/4 the way through the act that was on before, when the tent was probably about 3/4 full.  Walked straight to the barrier front right and had a whale of a time to Rot90s - totally oblivious of any overcrowding behind us.  I think (again) it was that strange phenomenon where there is overcrowding at the edges - but space to move closer to the stage?

Anyway, we'll be trying again this year - might have to get in even earlier though...

9 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

Did we have info that Rhythm of the 90s are doing the same Thursday slot (or any time on Thursday) a while back or am I imagining that? 

They told me they were - that was a few months back.

• Like 1

FOS (which stands for Full of Shite, honestly I know them) Brothers are absolutely tremendous and do a brilliant version of Frank Zappa’s the Torture Never Stops, they’re playing Friday night which is a bit of a bastard cos I want to see Eric Bibb and Nick Lowe over at the Acoustic stage. Hopefully they’ll be on in the wee small hours.