Coach Time vs Good Camping Spot

FestiHead

14 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I've no idea what anybody sees in Oxylers.

In 2010 or 2011 a group willingly camped right beside the flushing toilets up by the big ground. They were there early Wednesday morning, set up camp there, willingly. Five days of smelling thousands of other peoples urine and excrement coupled with that foul chemical they use to clean the toilets out twice a day and then throw in the sound of metal doors slamming 24/7 and its a genuine head scratcher.

Was it part of the Circus lineup? Some David Blaine type of stunt? Were they just utterly insane?  

Edited by The Nal

What's the general beef with oxylers? Camped there three of the last four festivals think it's pretty good in terms of location - quick access to arcadia park then not to bad over to jp or pyramid. Admittedly the other stage area isn't full of wonder but often have some good bands that make it easy to pop back to the tent for supplies. Seems to get a bad rep just curious why

3 minutes ago, ledwards said:

Does anyone know what time the gates opened up in 2017? I was there myself queuing from midnight but for the life of me can't remember. I have a photo of us pitched up at 8:30 but must have been before then.

Pedestrian Gate D opened pretty early. I'm tempted to say 7.30am. Cant quite remember.

33 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Location, location, location.

(If you can't get there early enough for Pennard)

It’s a better location than Pennards even, pretty much bang in the middle of the site, close to everything (except the SE Corner, but with the queuing system you’re never just going to want to nip back to the tent from there anyway).

We camp there every year, it’s not the most picturesque but it’s very practical.

5 hours ago, gibble said:

On a similar note we have a Thursday coach package from Manchester (don't know what time yet). Anyone know where is most likely to have space for a group of 7? We don't mind a walk...

Best thing to do is have a look at the big map just inside from wristbanding. Has all the campsites with how much room in each on. Make the choice when you see what’s available 

A genuine question for the Oxylers dissers: what's wrong with it and where do you lot normally camp? Out of interest.

My first Glasto was 2017 and we staying in Oxylers and had basically zero problems and I plan on staying there again due to the location. But maybe that's my inexperience talking.

11 hours ago, squareheadz said:

A genuine question for the Oxylers dissers: what's wrong with it and where do you lot normally camp? Out of interest.

My first Glasto was 2017 and we staying in Oxylers and had basically zero problems and I plan on staying there again due to the location. But maybe that's my inexperience talking.

Yeah would be good to hear why people don't like it - guessing that corner mentioned gets flooded if it's particularly wet, but for location / flat ground it seems to be great