The flavoured Vodka (spirits) thread

GoonerRob

On 5/30/2019 at 10:19 PM, tarw said:

Any recommendations for suitable mixers for pineapple vanilla tequila?

Hmm. Not sure about the tequila part, but Ting might work well with the pineapple and vanilla flavour. If you've not tried it it's a jamaican grapefruit soda, goes really well with rum and particularly a good coconut rum.

Lots of supermarkets are selling it now, more likely to find it in areas with a Caribbean community. Maybe buy a can and run a test

17 minutes ago, TabulaRasa said:

Has anyone ever tried infusing Jack Daniels?

Or would that be considered sacrilege?

See a few posts up, it’s Buffalo Trace in the pic but works just as well with JD. Apple and cinnamon, it’s really good. 

Its only sacrilege if you use Gentleman Jack?

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Question - How do you all drink your infused spirits? Straight? Or with mixers?

Straight - but we add sugar syrup to them so that they are more like liquers.

I’ve got a bottle of Absolut Honey that I bought on holiday a couple of years ago sitting in my booze cupboard. No idea why I bought it or what to do with it so:

any suggestions for appropriate mixers?

or

any ideas on what I could add to it to infuse and make it more exciting in time for festival? 

Mine are done i think. 

Mango // Orange and Peach  // Strawberry, Raspberry & Mint

They all taste awesome... just three weeks till I can drink them ??

(The middle one needs to go through a coffee filter still)

IMG_2946.JPG

Edited by GoonerRob

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2019 at 6:36 PM, Phoenix Girl said:

My Pineapple Vanilla Tequila has been infusing for 3 days @Greenelk! Can’t wait to try it, will report back next week. 

I’m just waiting for my delivery of metal shot glasses too ??.

How was it in the end @Phoenix Girl?

Edited by Greenelk

4 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Last Glastonbury I made a couple of 2 litre bottles of vodka and coke, but by the time I got to Glastonbury both had exploded (I think the top had blown off?). Can anyone tell me what my rookie mistake was and how to avoid it?

adding the coke ..... dont add the coke until you get to the farm .... should be have a better seal until then .... or buy the mixer from the coop 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

adding the coke ..... dont add the coke until you get to the farm .... should be have a better seal until then .... or buy the mixer from the coop 

Ah! Thanks! So if I just transfer straight vodka into a big plastic bottle (to avoid bringing glass), and bring it separate to an unopened bottle of coke, I'll be good?

Just now, Little Andy said:

Ah! Thanks! So if I just transfer straight vodka into a big plastic bottle (to avoid bringing glass), and bring it separate to an unopened bottle of coke, I'll be good?

should be better ... the factory seal should be better than an attempt at hand sealing it