The flavoured Vodka (spirits) thread

GoonerRob

33 minutes ago, Laurenkfj said:

My werthers vodka is obscenely sweet! Will be a big sugar hit

Mine is a bit at the moment, but I took out about 25% of the bottle to make room. Once I top it back up that should balance it a bit

I always end up posting this.  It isn't too late to make some if you have a dishwasher.   (apologies for the news rag that it's from).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2332980/How-make-perfect-vodka-cocktail--dishwasher.html

19 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I think we’ve made a bit too much ?. Has anyone any experience of how long these keep if you don’t drink it all at Glasto or should we just tip any leftovers away?

Love your optimism

7 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Haha, honestly we’ve made enough vanilla pineapple tequila to ruin almost all of our Glastos 

Was it you or your other half on here asking for mixer suggestions for that?  Either way I see you went for Ting, which was my suggestion! Amazing stuff, goes so well with those flavours! :

I popped some frozen blackberries into a ltr of vodka a few months back

Ive just realised I didnt add any sugar.....

Anyone have any experience of this mix? Will it be horrible without? Can I add it now....?

3 minutes ago, amyg1990 said:

I popped some frozen blackberries into a ltr of vodka a few months back

Ive just realised I didnt add any sugar.....

Anyone have any experience of this mix? Will it be horrible without? Can I add it now....?

Try it, if it's really bitter, make (or buy) some sugar syrup and add that to taste I would say.  It's not going to have the same effect as adding at the start, but might make it drinkable

Just now, Greenelk said:

Try it, if it's really bitter, make (or buy) some sugar syrup and add that to taste I would say.  It's not going to have the same effect as adding at the start, but might make it drinkable

Ooo thank you ill do just that :) hadnt thought of sugar syrup!

• 2 years later...

Bump.

I'm torn what to go for. I really like the sound of vanilla pineapple tequila which is mentioned a few posts up. Werthers vodka will be made for the first time. And potentially a flavoured gin. Big decisions to make in this 3 month countdown... which is optimum time to start infusing.

11 minutes ago, gfa said:

Never thought about doing this for a festival, might give it a go sounds like good fun

I did raspberry vodka in 2017 and it was incredible. Definitely taking a couple of different ones this time. And yeh it is actually good fun to do. Sieving can be a pain in the ass though 

Edited by Stokesy10

Sorry if it's come up before 

My wife boils wortherz original with some other favoured toffy to make it creamer.. 

Adds the lot to vodka and booooom 

Looks like shit but once tried end ov... Very moreish 

She also does a fizzy bomb one tastes lush but not as good as above 

We'll prob start making our stuff in a bit 

Turbo cider... 6 weeks at the most and bone.. 

As its probably last one also got 2 different 15 year red wines and a few whites of 10 years.. 

I like to share as some might know lol 

12 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Sorry if it's come up before 

My wife boils wortherz original with some other favoured toffy to make it creamer.. 

Adds the lot to vodka and booooom 

Looks like shit but once tried end ov... Very moreish 

She also does a fizzy bomb one tastes lush but not as good as above 

We'll prob start making our stuff in a bit 

Turbo cider... 6 weeks at the most and bone.. 

As its probably last one also got 2 different 15 year red wines and a few whites of 10 years.. 

I like to share as some might know lol 

Werthers original was exactly what I was going to try - found it online. The jars are £3.90 on amazon, think i'll just try it normally now and make some more later

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Werthers original was exactly what I was going to try - found it online. The jars are £3.90 on amazon, think i'll just try it normally now and make some more later

Make sure to add some normal soft toffee.. To get the creamyness 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 12:52 PM, guypjfreak said:

Make sure to add some normal soft toffee.. To get the creamyness 

I didn't see this in time - i made it though and it tastes pretty decent!

On 3/7/2022 at 10:59 PM, Stokesy10 said:

Bump.

I'm torn what to go for. I really like the sound of vanilla pineapple tequila which is mentioned a few posts up. Werthers vodka will be made for the first time. And potentially a flavoured gin. Big decisions to make in this 3 month countdown... which is optimum time to start infusing.

I tried this last year. I was not a fan.