The flavoured Vodka (spirits) thread

GoonerRob

14 hours ago, Greenelk said:

How was it in the end @Phoenix Girl?

Hi Greenelk! So...we decanted the first lot after leaving it about 2 weeks and my husband kindly offered to taste it for me because I’m on a pre-glasto detox. I was a bit worried he wouldn’t be that into it as it’s me who’s the tequila fan- he’s never really liked it (or liked doing shots), but he loved it so much that he immediately bought another bottle of tequila to make another batch. So now we have enough vanilla pineapple tequila to get a small army pretty wasted ?. I’m really excited to try it.

We bought some ting to try as a mixer too and he’s also suggested we try and make tequila colada. So we are making the big G a totally tropical affair this year.

59632A64-A946-4C5B-AC10-903947DD81F6.thumb.jpeg.3174ac0a4ce305f808dd148f3d695158.jpeg

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Hi Greenelk! So...we decanted the first lot after leaving it about 2 weeks and my husband kindly offered to taste it for me because I’m on a pre-glasto detox. I was a bit worried he wouldn’t be that into it as it’s me who’s the tequila fan- he’s never really liked it (or liked doing shots), but he loved it so much that he immediately bought another bottle of tequila to make another batch. So now we have enough vanilla pineapple tequila to get a small army pretty wasted ?. I’m really excited to try it.

We bought some ting to try as a mixer too and he’s also suggested we try and make tequila colada. So we are making the big G a totally tropical affair this year.

59632A64-A946-4C5B-AC10-903947DD81F6.thumb.jpeg.3174ac0a4ce305f808dd148f3d695158.jpeg

This sounds amazing. What are the quantities? Definitely making this.

Does anyone recall the cherry Bakewell vodka recipe that people were talking about on here?

2 hours ago, Dave_c said:

This sounds amazing. What are the quantities? Definitely making this.

Does anyone recall the cherry Bakewell vodka recipe that people were talking about on here?

Cherry bakewell = equal measures of vodka, cherry brandy and ameretto. 

Just mix and go, no prep required. It’s lethal, go easy with it. Credit to @Curlygirl

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skelts said:

Yeah, but unless you already have it, just buy the cheap supermarket stuff, it’s just as good?

Already have some that I want rid off as I don't drink it. Is there a mixer that works with this or is it best just drank as shots?

Just now, Dave_c said:

Already have some that I want rid off as I don't drink it. Is there a mixer that works with this or is it best just drank as shots?

I just drink it neat from a hip flask later in the night to keep the alcohol content high/volume of liquid intake low to avoid having to pee so often! Guess it would mix well with lemonade or tonic maybe. 

12 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

Is it too late for making skittles vodka?

Tried some from a kind soul a few years back and it was great 

Yes, still time.  Use the dishwasher method and all will be good!

Not infused alcohol, but a sign the festival is nearly upon us. 

8 bottles of finest homemade sangria for Mrs Elk, now transferred to the freezer.  Pretty lethal, stuff, and her annual festival drink.  Very easy to make.

image1 (4).jpeg

Opinion question time. The Refreshers Vodka is just about there, but in two minds about how sweet it should be. So the question...should sweetie flavoured vodka be:

(a) flavoured so the sweetie in question is recognisable but still clearly vodka; or

(b) with the emphasis on the sweetie flavour, with the kick of vodka just a background note to the sugar and e numbers? :D

Basically need to decide whether to add another pack!

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

Opinion question time. The Refreshers Vodka is just about there, but in two minds about how sweet it should be. So the question...should sweetie flavoured vodka be:

(a) flavoured so the sweetie in question is recognisable but still clearly vodka; or

(b) with the emphasis on the sweetie flavour, with the kick of vodka just a background note to the sugar and e numbers? :D

Basically need to decide whether to add another pack!

(c) personal preference 

(d) are you likely to mix it down further on site? 

Personally if I was drinking it neat I might add an extra pack, but if adding mixer (something neutral, maybe lemonade) then leave it with a bit more vodka. 

53 minutes ago, p.pete said:

(c) personal preference 

(d) are you likely to mix it down further on site? 

Personally if I was drinking it neat I might add an extra pack, but if adding mixer (something neutral, maybe lemonade) then leave it with a bit more vodka. 

Good shout.  The Werthers Vodka (on the go now) is definitely going to be neat so I'm aiming for pretty damn sweet on that one!

Hadn't really thought about mixing the refreshers one, but now you've suggested it...I shall consider over the weekend :)

20 minutes ago, Quark said:

Good shout.  The Werthers Vodka (on the go now) is definitely going to be neat so I'm aiming for pretty damn sweet on that one!

Hadn't really thought about mixing the refreshers one, but now you've suggested it...I shall consider over the weekend :)

My werthers vodka is obscenely sweet! Will be a big sugar hit