Caravan and a campervan?

redrobrob

So.. we have a caravan getting gripped off on site and we drive up in our car to it usually just show our pass at the gate. 

I now have my own campervan and may drive it onto site. Common sense says we should have two passes. Reality says we should just be able to drive up to it as if we were in a car.. 

so has anyone towed a caravan with a campervan and not needed two passes? As you will only be in the caravan so to speak.. can you argue that the van is just a car!

I suppose it depends if they actually send you a CV ticket for entry or just a letter that authorises entry to the field..

hopefully you get a physical CV ticket. That will get you to the entrance to the field then you just tell the stewards that you have a rented caravan already dropped off... they won’t turn you away at that point as it is too much hassle..

the rented vans are usually lined up in an orderly fashion in CV25...  you will probably have room to park but not a lot else... although I do seem to remember that I saw some with awnings attached one year (when they were parked in CV23)

• Upvote 1

Thanks.. have done the rental before and stayed in one before, arrived in a car and you are just directed to the field you tell them on the gate that they have been left in. 

Hoping they do the same and we just park up next to the caravan as previous years. 

I am not sure I will even sleep in it, but it will be useful to take me and my mates down there.. 

The ones that are dropped off are placed not too far apart so I wouldn' t think there would be room for a car and a caravan and if you tell them you need to get to the field where they are pre-delivered they will know you have 2 caravans which I'm pretty sure is against the rules.

26 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

The ones that are dropped off are placed not too far apart so I wouldn' t think there would be room for a car and a caravan and if you tell them you need to get to the field where they are pre-delivered they will know you have 2 caravans which I'm pretty sure is against the rules.

He has a campervan

3 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

He has a campervan

In which case they'd definitely need 2 tickets and the stewards would say that I would have thought. The only way you would possibly get away with it is to park the campervan somewhere else and just walk to the caravan you've hired.The pre-delivered ones are in a different field and they usually don't let people in there until the other fields are full. 

CV ticket allows caravan plus towing vehicle.  No restrictions on what the towing vehicle is.  

If you’ve hired a caravan to be dropped off, you’ll have bought an east-quiet/hired ticket.  The quiet/hired tickets are the same.  So at the point where the quiet/hired and east normal diverge you’ll turn left and be in the quiet/hired fields.  Then just drive to your hire van - there will be space for the towing vehicle.

All the licensing rules around CVs/caravans are about people not sleeping in unsuitable vehicles.  What you’re proposing is taking an excess of suitable vehicles, so that should be welcomed I’m sure :)