Glastonbury Steel Bottles

reallife

Hi,

Has anyone used one of these bottles from the festival?

https://shop.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/products/small-etched-bottle-pre-order

I am trying to go along with the no plastic bottles on site incentive this year so need a water carrier.  Can anyone tell me if the water tastes metally?  I ask because the thought of drinking out of them sets my teeth off!  Also are they double walled to keep hot, hot and cold, cold?

Ta

Not sure about these ones but if they aren't any food I'd recommend a company called Chilly's no metal taste or condensation, and keeps liquids cool or hot for almost about 18 or so hours. They're a bit pricey but good quality! 

36 minutes ago, reallife said:

Hi,

I am trying to go along with the no plastic bottles on site incentive this year so need a water carrier.  Can anyone tell me if the water tastes metally?  I ask because the thought of drinking out of them sets my teeth off!  Also are they double walled to keep hot, hot and cold, cold?

Ta

They aren't double walled so won't be as effective as a Chillys bottle. I use my Chillys bottle now instead of my Festival bottle. :)

15 hours ago, reallife said:

Hi,

Ta

Once it's rinsed a bit the water tastes fine- no taint to the taste at all! Think because its all stainless steel. Not good at keeping cool as others have said.. Well made though- have had one years and was good as new! Until I lost it ?

19 minutes ago, LeeHC said:

Once it's rinsed a bit the water tastes fine- no taint to the taste at all! Think because its all stainless steel. Not good at keeping cool as others have said.. Well made though- have had one years and was good as new! Until I lost it ?

Yes, I've had one since they first gave them a big push and it's still great.

It's always been plenty cool enough when I've used it for water, simply due to the environment and the materials.

I had a one of the first batch they did but once full of about 1l of water they were too heavy to lug around all day - plus the printing on the sides rubbed off if you weren't careful.

The second batch (the smaller etched ones) are much better, they hold about 0.5l and I find I empty it before the contents get too warm and use a carribiner to clip it onto my belt to keep my hands free. I take some of those squirty squash concentrate bottles with me and that masks any odd tastes from the water/bottle.

A quick wash with hot water every night and it's good to go the next morning.

The wife has a "Chillys" and its the dogs bollocks - bit expensive for lugging around a field for four days without losing it though.

I ordered a new Glasto steel bottle with my tickets, you get a voucher you exchange at the waterAid stands and they'll rinse and fill it with fresh water when you collect it....

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:26 PM, Penrhos said:

I had a one of the first batch they did but once full of about 1l of water they were too heavy to lug around all day - plus the printing on the sides rubbed off if you weren't careful.

The second batch (the smaller etched ones) are much better, they hold about 0.5l and I find I empty it before the contents get too warm and use a carribiner to clip it onto my belt to keep my hands free. I take some of those squirty squash concentrate bottles with me and that masks any odd tastes from the water/bottle.

A quick wash with hot water every night and it's good to go the next morning.

The wife has a "Chillys" and its the dogs bollocks - bit expensive for lugging around a field for four days without losing it though.

I ordered a new Glasto steel bottle with my tickets, you get a voucher you exchange at the waterAid stands and they'll rinse and fill it with fresh water when you collect it....

Glasto Steel is it then, thanks all.

Have an effing great festival xxxxxxxxx