Castle Cary

deadpheasant

Train's booked to arrive at Castle Cary abt 10:20am on the Wednesday, I was wondering does anyone know what it's like there and how quick it is to get to the festival from there? I imagine it's going to be pretty chaotic with so many people.

If I'm heading to Worthy View, what would be my best course of action - free shuttle to site and shuttle to worthy view or taxi straight there?

Many thanks!

10 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Train's booked to arrive at Castle Cary abt 10:20am on the Wednesday, I was wondering does anyone know what it's like there and how quick it is to get to the festival from there? I imagine it's going to be pretty chaotic with so many people.

If I'm heading to Worthy View, what would be my best course of action - free shuttle to site and shuttle to worthy view or taxi straight there?

Many thanks!

You'll probably get to the coach station at Gate A between 11 and 12:00 - can't imagine it being too bad at that time of day though it depends a bit on the specific trains that have just arrived - one minute the station might be empty, the next overflowing.

Best course of action will depend on whether / how long the queue for the WV shuttle is and how much you're carrying - if you've got nothing with you then I'd say any wait longer than about 45 minutes means you'd be better off going through the site. If you're lugging kit with you then waiting becomes a lot more desirable. Hopefully if you ask the stewards in the coach station they should be able to give you an idea of how long it's going to be.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, incident said:

You'll probably get to the coach station at Gate A between 11 and 12:00 - can't imagine it being too bad at that time of day though it depends a bit on the specific trains that have just arrived - one minute the station might be empty, the next overflowing. 

Best course of action will depend on whether / how long the queue for the WV shuttle is and how much you're carrying - if you've got nothing with you then I'd say any wait longer than about 45 minutes means you'd be better off going through the site. If you're lugging kit with you then waiting becomes a lot more desirable. Hopefully if you ask the stewards in the coach station they should be able to give you an idea of how long it's going to be.

Ah ok thank you!

Might just be easier getting a taxi directly there from the train station if I have to wait 45 mins for the 2nd shuttle.

Worthy View Campsite (Services GF4 & GF5)

Special services have been organised to convey campers at the Worthy View Campsite (Pennard Hill area) from and to the Festival Bus Station and Castle Cary Railway Station. These services will operate at the following times:

Castle Cary Railway Station Shuttle (Service GF4) A service will connect out of trains arriving at Castle Cary Railway Station.

08:00 – 10:00 1 x 53 seat short wheelbase coach

10:00 – 23:00 2 x 53 seat short wheelbase coaches

Festival Bus Station Shuttle (Service GF5)

08:00 – 11:00 1 x 53 seat

11:00 – 22:00 3 x 53 seat

22:00 – 23:59 1 x 53 seat

08:30 – 20:30 1 x Long Wheel Base Van

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what the wait times are usually like for shuttles from castle cary (Just to gate A, not worthy view). Getting there around 1pm on Wednesday.

I've only got the train once before (wednesday evening) and it was a breeze - didn't know if it would be more hectic earlier in the day.  

1 hour ago, Joe Shez said:

Anyone know what the wait times are usually like for shuttles from castle cary (Just to gate A, not worthy view). Getting there around 1pm on Wednesday.

I've only got the train once before (wednesday evening) and it was a breeze - didn't know if it would be more hectic earlier in the day.  

should  be fairly easy queues should have died down ... but with emphasis on the should :) 

• Upvote 1

I caught the train once and thought it was amazingly well organised.  Virtually no waiting.  Live band playing music and efficient shuttle service.  Enjoy the vibe.  Im sure you will be fine 

Oh and I arrived Wednesday morning too

Edited by mandb