Ticket refund

David756

9 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

No for another venue, sorry I wasn’t clear. 

But it shows it can be managed

I'm not so sure it would work as easily for Glastonbury. I've been asked to provide ID to prove it was me on my ticket ? 

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

I’ve sold named tickets via twickets before and they give the person a letter saying that they have been resold via that website and they got in ok. 

Touts may soon work away around this....forged letters?

Possibly any system that allows resales but people will potentially allow touts to exploit it. 

maybe keep registration closed from the main sale date to the after the last day of the festival,  and you can only resell to registered people. But it starts getting messy.

5 minutes ago, Username taken said:

AFAIW twickets provide a list of resold tickets to the event so they can cross reference them

Where there's money to be made touts will find a way. ....I can see it would pose issues for Glasto were they are speedily trying to process and allow entry of huge numbers of people. 

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

Where there's money to be made touts will find a way. ....I can see it would pose issues for Glasto were they are speedily trying to process and allow entry of huge numbers of people. 

Should Glastonbury decide to go the Twickets route, I'd have confidence that they'd be prepared for it (perhaps with a separate queue for buyers).  At any rate, id prefer they didn't as, if you were able to sell on the ticket, you'd get a lot more people trying on T-Day without any rel intention of going

I would imagine that a combine insurance and re-sale via See would work.

Insurance to cover all the horrible life events that are currently covered by the heavily restricted ticket insurance schemes.

And, if that fails, then a re-sale facility where you pop your ticket back into See, and if they re-sell it you get a refund less any fee (like they are looking to make holiday companies refund).

At the end of the day it's all down to the magnitude of the issue and the cost and degree of difficulty in resolving it. If only a tiny percentage of people are not able to attend and loose their money there is little incentive to find a solution.

Edited by Lycra

9 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

I would imagine that a combine insurance and re-sale via See would work.

Insurance to cover all the horrible life events that are currently covered by the heavily restricted ticket insurance schemes.

And, if that fails, then a re-sale facility where you pop your ticket back into See, and if they re-sell it you get a refund less any fee (like they are looking to make holiday companies refund).

I wonder if something like the Dice app could eventually take off to cover this kind of scenario. You basically put your tickets back in the pot and if they haven't sold by the time of door opening you get your tickets back, if they have sold you get your money back. 

5 minutes ago, Lycra said:

At the end of the day it's all down to the magnitude of the issue and the cost and degree of difficulty in resolving it. If only a tiny percentage of people are not able to attend and loose their money there is little incentive to find a solution.

True but the solutions already exist at other events and I know someone whose Dad died 2 days before the festival and so they lost the cost of 4 tickets. That's a big hit in awful circumstances and they are festival veterans been going years and they did say it left a bit of a sour taste in their mouths that nothing could be done. 

1 minute ago, Padgey said:

I wonder how many wristbanders would actually turn a blind eye to seeing a ticket that obviously isn't the person presenting it. I reckon most in this forum would? 

100% if somebody is willing to pay for a ticket (whether it is off the official site or not) why should they be turned down, it’s still a legitimate ticket at the end of the day

also would the wristbanders be Oxfam volunteers who have also been in the same position of being without a ticket but successfully got onto the volunteering scheme? (Hopefully they’d have a heart)  

2 minutes ago, Desperate said:

100% if somebody is willing to pay for a ticket (whether it is off the official site or not) why should they be turned down, it’s still a legitimate ticket at the end of the day

Because if it happened on a wider scale then it would open the festival up to more of the many issues of touting.

1 minute ago, Padgey said:

I wonder how many wristbanders would actually turn a blind eye to seeing a ticket that obviously isn't the person presenting it. I reckon most in this forum would? 

It's not really about the person standing in front of you though. I'd happily bounce them back to the enquires cabin / security to deal with and have done when I've worked.

If I've been given access to the best place on earth, and the trade off is that the festival ask that I do a specific task, then my loyalty is always going to be to them and not to the person trying to chance it. It's not like I know the story of the person - they could be a desperate person using their mates ticket because he fell ill, but equally they could have nicked the ticket off someone on the train. Or better yet, there's always the risk that it's a mystery shopper.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Padgey said:

I would do, but I would make them sweat a bit. Just spend a long time checking and double checking. 

Last time I had a friend who seriously put her back out just before the festival. Because she couldn't get a refund or or allow someone else to have the opportunity to attend, she ended up coming down on Friday morning, but was in so much pain she ended up heading home on Saturday.

It's a really tricky one, completely agree with anything to stop touting, but sometimes there are genuine reasons why people can't go, and it seems a shame that there will be a number of tickets that are wasted each year.

1 hour ago, Padgey said:

I probably wouldn't. But if it became common knowledge that it was possible to get in with someone elses ticket then that essentially defeats the purpose of having photos on tickets which opens the whole thing up to touting. Then it would be same as what happens for big demand events these days with touts using bots to buy all the tickets and reselling them at a huge mark up because the demand is there for them to make a big profit. How much do you reckon a glasto ticket would go for is this was happening? 500 quid? 1000? I wouldn't be surprised. Glastonbury should be commended for the way they operate in this regard.

Any changes to the system that open it up to touts should be prevented at all costs and anyone who thinks otherwise is frankly wrong.

Actually I've convinced myself. If I was on the gate I would 100% turn away anyone with a ticket that wasn't theirs.

Edited by Madyaker
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I probably wouldn't. But if it became common knowledge that it was possible to get in with someone elses ticket then that essentially defeats the purpose of having photos on tickets which opens the whole thing up to touting. Then it would be same as what happens for big demand events these days with touts using bots to buy all the tickets and reselling them at a huge mark up because the demand is there for them to make a big profit. How much do you reckon a glasto ticket would go for is this was happening? 500 quid? 1000? I wouldn't be surprised. Glastonbury should be commended for the way they operate in this regard.

Any changes to the system that open it up to touts should be prevented at all costs and anyone who thinks otherwise is frankly wrong.

Actually I've convinced myself. If I was on the gate I would 100% turn away anyone with a ticket that wasn't theirs.

Bet you’re a laugh at parties you aren’t ye

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Yeah I am actually! I'm also a hypocrite. If I found out now that I couldn't go I would defo try and sell my ticket, and if I didn't have a ticket id probably chance buying one off someone else who looked like me. But if I was working the gate I think id have to turn people away, its part of the agreement you signed up to and it's to protect the future of the festival and keep it affordable for everyone.

3 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Yeah I am actually! I'm also a hypocrite. If I found out now that I couldn't go I would defo try and sell my ticket, and if I didn't have a ticket id probably chance buying one off someone else who looked like me. But if I was working the gate I think id have to turn people away, its part of the agreement you signed up to and it's to protect the future of the festival and keep it affordable for everyone.

That makes no sense. So you’d turn someone who’s paid for a ticket, which would in turn keep the festival afloat, but would try to buy one that isn’t you. If someone wants to pay £500-1000 for a ticket that should be there choice and jobsworths like you shouldn’t be able to take the joy away from ‘the best festival in the world’ as someone said earlier

5 minutes ago, AnyGlastoTickets? said:

That makes no sense. So you’d turn someone who’s paid for a ticket, which would in turn keep the festival afloat, but would try to buy one that isn’t you. If someone wants to pay £500-1000 for a ticket that should be there choice and jobsworths like you shouldn’t be able to take the joy away from ‘the best festival in the world’ as someone said earlier

Actually, it's your reply that doesn't really make any sense

To be honest, I really struggle to understand why we're even having a discussion about the merits of touting. If someone buys ticket for £1000 from a tout, that tout has taken a ticket from another person who could have bought it at face value. The tout thus equally takes away access to this "joy" you are talking about. 

Edited by Sasperella
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I totally concur....even though I know people who have previously broken in. I think the system is like it is for good reasons

As for refunds, there are loads of expensive things you cant get refunds for if circumstances change. I'm supposed to be going to Ibiza in 2 weeks, and now I can't go. Can I get my overly expensive bank-holiday flight refunded? Can I fuck.