Ticket refund

David756

Hey all,

well life has has happened and looking like I can’t go ?

will be the first time ever having to hand tickets back. I saw that the deadline is 3rd May, which obviously passed. Any way of getting a refund or is that it? Seems a shame as sure two people would snap my arm off for tickets, but hey ho. 

Obviously didn't purchase protection haha. 

2 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

I hope you're able to get a refund or sell your ticket. I'm a big supporter of GFL but their policy on not allowing people to resell the ticket they've paid £250 for absolutely stinks. I'd be surprised if it was legal.

But the only alternative to that policy is an unrestricted system which opens the door to serious touting. That's what we had in the old days before the personalised tickets were introduced, and many people sold on tickets for vastly inflated prices. No system is perfect, but personally I feel the negative of a tiny amount of genuine cases being unable to sell tickets is lesser than the negative of widespread touting.

• Upvote 8

Just now, Kashkin said:

But the only alternative to that policy is an unrestricted system which opens the door to serious touting. That's what we had in the old days before the personalised tickets were introduced, and many people sold on tickets for vastly inflated prices. No system is perfect, but personally I feel the negative of a tiny amount of genuine cases being unable to sell tickets is lesser than the negative of widespread touting.

Yeah this, to be honest. Even though would have been great for me. It’s totally fair.

8 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

I hope you're able to get a refund or sell your ticket. I'm a big supporter of GFL but their policy on not allowing people to resell the ticket they've paid £250 for absolutely stinks. I'd be surprised if it was legal.

I am surprised that they haven't teamed up with someone like Twickets to ensure safe reselling for good reasons. I personally would never take the risk of trying to get in with someone else's ticket especially as last festival on one occasion I had enough trouble getting in with my own ticket and I totally still look like my picture. He took so long I thought he was joking but when he got a supervisor over to check I was really quite worried. I didn't have any other id on me. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

I am surprised that they haven't teamed up with someone like Twickets to ensure safe reselling for good reasons. I personally would never take the risk of trying to get in with someone else's ticket especially as last festival on one occasion I had enough trouble getting in with my own ticket and I totally still look like my picture. He took so long I thought he was joking but when he got a supervisor over to check I was really quite worried. I didn't have any other id on me. 

Lucky this only happens on the way in. By the Sunday, this sort of occurrence could possibly spark a huge wave of existential doubt in me.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Lucky this only happens on the way in. By the Sunday, this sort of occurrence could possibly spark a huge wave of existential doubt in me.

I'm in a caravan and it was the first day so made me totally paranoid every day for the rest of the festival. Just imagine the conversation I was having with myself to make sure you look as much like you as possible when you get to the person on the gate. I'll genuinely never understand why he thought there was any doubt. I didn't have different coloured hair, no make up on in the photo or in real life. Afterwards my husband and I were staring at the ticket and at me going what was all that about. I look the same!!

7 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

But the only alternative to that policy is an unrestricted system which opens the door to serious touting.

Doesn't bother me really. Not going to get into a massive debate about it but touts lose money when they set prices higher than the market will pay. If GFL are pricing their tickets lower than the market will pay and still selling out easily every year then they should put the price up and give the extra money to Oxfam/Water which would make it unprofitable for the touts. They won't though becuase they love the fact that they can tell everybody that they sell out in under 15 minutes every year.

• Downvote 11

1 minute ago, bombfrog said:

Doesn't bother me really. Not going to get into a massive debate about it but touts lose money when they set prices higher than the market will pay. If GFL are pricing their tickets lower than the market will pay and still selling out easily every year then they should put the price up and give the extra money to Oxfam/Water which would make it unprofitable for the touts. They won't though becuase they love the fact that they can tell everybody that they sell out in under 15 minutes every year.

Thankfully, I think you're in a very small minority on that one.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, David756 said:

Hey all,

well life has has happened and looking like I can’t go ?

will be the first time ever having to hand tickets back. I saw that the deadline is 3rd May, which obviously passed. Any way of getting a refund or is that it? Seems a shame as sure two people would snap my arm off for tickets, but hey ho. 

Obviously didn't purchase protection haha. 

as far as I can tell purchase protection is a massive scam.  You have to suffer quite severe misfortune to qualify, and if that's the case then a refund is probably low down on your priorities anyway.

4 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Plus they don;t want to price people out and only the elite/high earners can afford to go......I don;t think its anyting to do with selling out in 15 minutes ....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Plus they don;t want to price people out and only the elite/high earners can afford to go......I don;t think its anyting to do with selling out in 15 minutes ....

But they wouldn't, if they whacked the price right up then nobody would buy them. Rich people can already buy tickets from private companies and yet they are still advertising them for sale which shows they can't shift them.