Which Parts Of The Site Are Owned By M.E.?

jow95

Love looking at old maps and seeing all the changes.

3 minutes ago, jow95 said:

glasto-map-1990.gif

Here's an old map to take us back on track and away from the attempts to derail this thread. Would guess around the 90's for the year

Mad to think the railway line was no more than a couple of hundred yards long nowadays it runs right through the site.

2 minutes ago, dccool said:

Love looking at old maps and seeing all the changes.

Mad to think the railway line was no more than a couple of hundred yards long nowadays it runs right through the site.

This map is clearly decades old, but you really don't have to go back that far before you see major changes

Just now, Benja100 said:

What an aggressive goose you are. 

You'd fit in better at a bare knuckle fight in a pub car park than a magnificent festival such as Glaston

...remember a few posts ago when you corrected my spelling.........

Im annoyed at myself for even indulging you in an argument in the first place, clearly this thread has now moved on, i'd suggest you do the same

• Upvote 1

Glastonbury-84-site-map.jpg

No sign of the old railway in 84, might stop now as im turning it into an old maps thread, and isn't there already one of those? but the older ones show more of what ME owns, none of the park, arcadia, and many other parts outside the control of the Eavaii

I can’t be the only one who wishes this person would be quiet? 

12 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Jesus it was tiny back then.

Think I’ve seen an interview somewhere where ME says he put the stones in the stone circle in 86? Could be wrong tho

Slight tangent but it is absolutely criminal that ME doesn’t have a knighthood now I think about it, impact on the local economy, influence on culture and music, and that’s all as well as being a prize winning dairy farmer

56 minutes ago, jow95 said:

I can’t be the only one who wishes this person would be quiet? 

Think I’ve seen an interview somewhere where ME says he put the stones in the stone circle in 86? Could be wrong tho

92 IIRC

Soon followed by a pagan congregation worshiping the new god, Nitrous of Oxide. Ommmm.

5 hours ago, jow95 said:

Slight tangent but it is absolutely criminal that ME doesn’t have a knighthood now I think about it, impact on the local economy, influence on culture and music, and that’s all as well as being a prize winning dairy farmer

Was it offered and he declined? Or am I totally imagining it and making stuff up? 

14 hours ago, dccool said:

The railway went from Evercreach to Glastonbury so it's always been more than a couple of hundred yards long.

Edited by Johnnyseven

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, jow95 said:

the steanbow what now?

Steanbow Farms (near Red Gate on the map) have a dairy within the confines of the fence (I think it's the bit which is always out of bounds near Dairy Ground) and that area may also be part of Park Farm as well. I imagine that both of those must have some fields associated with them as well which won't be owned by ME.