Which Parts Of The Site Are Owned By M.E.?

jow95

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I had a look, you have to pay to access. 

You’d also need to know the names of the farms or land to search for.  

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

You’d also need to know the names of the farms or land to search for.  

What I did see was Cockmill Croft Farm (Where Camp Kerala is, and presumably parts of CV East) has an estimated value of £1,100,000. I guess it’s quite a small farm.

9 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

So only rich middle class weed smoking people who don't drop litter and are friendly and say 'hello' to strangers can exist, and even then only if they win some sort of annoying online lottery for a ticket.  Couldn't agree more.

Seems you haven't read very much here if you think those who attend are rich or middle class.

Even a cursory glance through a few threads today will show you the lengths some go to get to the festival, whether it be the economies they make during the year and the event itself or those who volunteer or do it as paid work.

Throughout there are plenty who talk about their daily lives and various challenges - try taking your head out from wherever and taking a look ?

Edited by clarkete
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Benja100 said:

It's a music festival.  I work with genuinely needy and desperate people and see some terrible things, we're hardly talking immigrants risking the lives of themselves and their families to cross the world in search of a better life.  Calm down.

Those things don't have to be mutually exclusive and some of those I refer to share similarly challenging lives, indeed that's a great reason for some to enjoy themselves at this occasion. 

1 minute ago, Bza said:

Such a bizarre and unnecessary response to a light-hearted comment by @Ayrshire Chris.

u ok hun?

Yeah, fine. Thanks. Thought it was a bit of a strange response to what was obviously a funny.

Mind you, with Trump, Putin, Kim Jung and now possibly Boris Johnson in charge of the world maybe having Michael Eavis in charge wouldn’t be such a bad idea!?

On 5/13/2019 at 3:56 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Wasn’t their discussions a few years back with old lord Bath to use  longleat, his estate but his son vetoed it? 

They were keen up until the state of the site in 2016, never heard it mentioned again after that 

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

Why is there more people who post so cofrontationally on here lately. It wasn't always like this 

Well said, exactly what I was thinking. ?.  Love this forum for its Glastonbury build up, irreverent comments and really useful info. Sorry out of upvotes!

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

A few simple rules of thumb:

Original Worthy Farm is a dagger shape, with the tip of the dagger being stone circle.

If you are walking on stone tracks, you are on Michael’s land. If the only tracks in an area are trackway, you are outside.

Long drops (i.e. with a concrete pit in the ground) are another good indicator of being inside WF. There *may* be the odd exception though. Some neighbours, such as Finn Christensen, have been a bit more involved in the festival infrastructure and allowed / suggested infrastructure changes on their own land. (The concrete “Pilton Bypass” track is an example)

Also, if you look at a satellite view, the density of hedgerows is another giveaway. Michael didn’t do what every other farmer has done, and chop them down to make mega fields. When you look at the aerial view, this becomes quite a clear pattern.

(Apologies GlastoEarth map is languishing... if I revive it, I may well add a Worthy Farm boundary line!)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

Calm down son, you've only got 10

BTW it's 'geezer's'

oh bore off, do you have any knowledge on the question in hand?

Edit: BREAKING NEWS: Incorrect spelling used on internet

Edited by jow95