Other Stage Opener

jow95

Metallica would be amazing but just not seeing that.

I'd be happy with The Coral, think they have the right vibe and are about the right size/known enough without being too big to do it. Be a good set if they just blasted a best of set as well. An hour of The Coral would be sweet to start the main days of the festival for me.

I'd take Placebo as well but think they would suit a later spot, like said third down on the Other and would be best for them. Could be a one with people just staring into space if they play newer tunes but if they do a set with Nancy Boy, Pure Morning, Every you Every me, Twenty Years, The Bitter End, You Don't Care About Us and Running Up That Hill would be a very well received set I reckon.

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Just noticed an alarm setting on my phone called ‘Mid-May The Coral to open the Other Stage post’. I’ve deleted it. 

Not so fast.....Coral are playing Frome Cheese & Grain the following week......and Emily is a patron......

Happy Mondays are also on greatest hits tour from October....also booked for C&G......

Just now, parsonjack said:

Not so fast.....Coral are playing Frome Cheese & Grain the following week......and Emily is a patron......

Happy Mondays are also on greatest hits tour from October....also booked for C&G......

They’re playing Margate in July (with 808 state).

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Its gunna be snow patrol. That's why they were on the poster, then off .. then when Glastonbury HQ realised, they had to go back on.

Nothing will be more disappointing than Snow Patrol. Even when the Kaiser Chiefs were announced. 

Got to be a bit of a sing a long and can’t see snow patrol being that, even the chiefs would be better at that!

The bootleg Beatles would be preferable! At least that would wake us up after the Thursday night excess that I always vow not to do but end up doing. 

32 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Got to be a bit of a sing a long and can’t see snow patrol being that, even the chiefs would be better at that!

The bootleg Beatles would be preferable! At least that would wake us up after the Thursday night excess that I always vow not to do but end up doing. 

Really? I thought snow patrol had more singalong than those Kaiser bastards like or is that just to me?

5 hours ago, incident said:

Not really. James had an absolutely massive crowd (by Other Stage standards) in 2016, and the crowd for The Pretenders was pretty decent as well.

James started a lot later than it should have as they were trying to put woodchips down to sort the ground. Think it swelled the crowd as alot of people arrived after they were meant to have started. Though rather ruined the atmosphere as people seemed a bit impatient & not forgiving of the fact they didn't play all the hits. I thought it was a decent set despite that

38 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Really? I'm not a huge fan but the main reason I'd be tempted to go and see them is precisely because, after Kylie and Liam, they've got just about the biggest singalongs of the weekend. Everyone in the field would be belting out the words to Chasing Cars and Run, at least.

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

When were Snow Patrol off the poster? Don’t remember that, although pretty suspicious if they’re in a regular billed slot. Still seem a fair bit bigger than previous Other openers but also stick out as somewhat of an anomaly on this years lineup.

They shifted some acts around, think Bastille went higher, Hozier went lower and Snow Patrol were missing for about an hour.  Few people tweeted etc.... Snow Patrol were added again.  

Snow Patrol are either Friday or Sunday.  I’ve got them Sunday myself 3rd down on the pyramid.  

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

When were Snow Patrol off the poster? Don’t remember that, although pretty suspicious if they’re in a regular billed slot. Still seem a fair bit bigger than previous Other openers but also stick out as somewhat of an anomaly on this years lineup.

They came off it on the day of the poster drop, and back on later....

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/the-thingy.html

13 hours ago, poppyh24 said:

Paul weller? He's in Cardiff on the 30th

I would take this!

8 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

James started a lot later than it should have as they were trying to put woodchips down to sort the ground. Think it swelled the crowd as alot of people arrived after they were meant to have started. Though rather ruined the atmosphere as people seemed a bit impatient & not forgiving of the fact they didn't play all the hits. I thought it was a decent set despite that

I thought James were great. Got things off to a lovely start despite the brexit shenanigans. I think the only hit they didn't play was Sit Down though wasn't it?

11 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

I would take this!

I thought James were great. Got things off to a lovely start despite the brexit shenanigans. I think the only hit they didn't play was Sit Down though wasn't it?

They were great. Michael Eavis arrived in his Land Rover before they came on. They didn’t play sit down and finished with laid . I reckon they had to cut the set down slightly because of the delayed start.