CD Swap 2019

vintagelaureate

So, with the festival looming I thought it was time to start the CD Swap thread. I spoke to @SwedgeAntilles who ran it last time and I'm going to give it a go this year. To quote last years thread: 

The idea is that you reply to this thread if you want to take part. Then make a CD mix of confirmed 2017 Glastonbury artists, I'll separate everyone groups of 4, you swap addresses in PM with the rest of your group, then post em out. You then receive 3 analogue, old school, compact disc playlists to listen to in the last couple of weeks running up to the festival!

I did it last year and a great group, and it gave me some great mixes to listen to on the drive down.

If you want to take part comment on the thread, I'll split the group next weekend to give people time to register their interest. Once we were split last year, my group used WhatsApp or DMs to sort out postage etc. 

This was last year's thread for this interested:

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

40% don't know what a CD is, the others are just waiting for the full line-up... 

Strange as it sounds I'd imagine that a lot fewer people today have the ability to actually burn CDs compared to 2+ years ago. A decent number people are ditching home computers and using some combination of phones/tablets/smart tv/etc instead. Even if they do have access to a computer, it's no longer likely to have an optical drive - in the current quest to cut size and weight, that's been one of the main casualties on a lot of models.

On 5/12/2019 at 3:58 AM, Watergirl said:

Yes please. Would love to take part again.

I listened to your CD from 2017 in the car at the weekend again.  Still sounds good.

Also took @Supernintendo Chalmers double CD out from the shelf and that will get a listen in the next couple of days too.

Not to forget all of the others that will get an airing too.

Edited by buddiepaul
  • Upvote 1

On 5/14/2019 at 12:05 AM, incident said:

Strange as it sounds I'd imagine that a lot fewer people today have the ability to actually burn CDs compared to 2+ years ago. A decent number people are ditching home computers and using some combination of phones/tablets/smart tv/etc instead. Even if they do have access to a computer, it's no longer likely to have an optical drive - in the current quest to cut size and weight, that's been one of the main casualties on a lot of models.

After reading this I went to check that my CD drive still works and apparently it is stuck (RIP my copy of Wolfgang by Phoenix which is apparently what is stuck in it). I guess I need to take myself of the list? ?

14 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

After reading this I went to check that my CD drive still works and apparently it is stuck (RIP my copy of Wolfgang by Phoenix which is apparently what is stuck in it). I guess I need to take myself of the list? ?

Have you tried poking it with a paperclip?  :) 

52 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I guess the alternative is doing an mp3 file share on Dropbox or something? Limit it to 13 tracks, cover optional

Open that up as an option maybe? 

I have terabytes of downloaded music etc. but still get physical things too - mainly vinyl, but I will pick up CDS for the car. I'm a bit odd like that! 

Edited by vintagelaureate

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Open that up as an option maybe? 

I have terabytes of downloaded music etc. but still get physical things too - mainly vinyl, but I will pick up CDS for the car. I'm a bit odd like that! 

I guess then people could just rip them as CDs should they want it in that format? Give a song/time limit instead