Alternative to Dance Music at Night

kf24x

First time post here.

This will be our 3rd Glastonbury and was wondering if there was any area's that have an alternative to ' dance music ' after the headliners ?

We love Williams Green on a Thursday afternoon through to evening and have been searching for something similar for later in the night.

Any info would be much appreciated.

What's Williams Green like after the headliners? I've never really spent any prolonged time there at night. Worth visiting for those not as interested in the dance music side?

The Park is usually a good place at night. 

It's worth mentioning that even if you're not in to the music, the SE corner is well worth a visit to see all the mental stuff over there. There's quite a diverse set of acts on there this year as well.

I've been to Williams Green in the evening before.  Sometimes they have something like "Guilty Pleasures" or Buttoned Down Disco which are good fun for pop singalongs - a bit like the sort of thing you can get on a Thursday.    Doesn't get as busy in there as it does on a Thursday either.

Our group also aren't huge fans of the sort of dance music that seems to take over most of the site.   People often recommend Chameleon Bar for Propaganda although it's pretty basic indie stuff and there's only so many times you can hear Take Me Out or Mr Brightside.

6 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Our group also aren't huge fans of the sort of dance music that seems to take over most of the site.   People often recommend Chameleon Bar for Propaganda although it's pretty basic indie stuff and there's only so many times you can hear Take Me Out or Mr Brightside.

No Chameleon (or Kasbah) this year. Though you imagine whatever replaces them will cater to the indie disco crowd.

Just now, ivan said:

Does Brothers Bar in West Holts still play all the  Indie Classics , Pop and Cheese ?

I think so although the volume isn't that loud / speakers not very good.

I don't think the festival allows them much in regards to volume to be honest.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

The Stonebridge Bar. Also The Crows Nest up the hill from there (I think, I've never been).

Thats it ! Thanks

Me and my brother partied in some random bar near the Other Stage on the Sunday night for ages after wandering around the Woods. It really opened my eyes to not having to be in front of a named DJ. 

That or I accidentally caught a Fatboy Slim set ?‍♂️

5 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Me and my brother partied in some random bar near the Other Stage on the Sunday night for ages after wandering around the Woods. It really opened my eyes to not having to be in front of a named DJ. 

That or I accidentally caught a Fatboy Slim set ?‍♂️

Fatboy Slimdrome claims another victim.

1 hour ago, kf24x said:

First time post here.

This will be our 3rd Glastonbury and was wondering if there was any area's that have an alternative to ' dance music ' after the headliners ?

We love Williams Green on a Thursday afternoon through to evening and have been searching for something similar for later in the night.

Any info would be much appreciated.

My favourite area at night are the Greenfields- lots of really good, varied music by live acts all through the day and night- they have a few different venues (Toad Hall, Croissant Neuf, Mandala, and Small World). They're so close together you can pop past each until you find something that grabs you. Some of my favourite performances have been there. 

Also circus field is worth a potter about at night- not so much for music, but to see stuff you might not otherwise see, also they have some stand up and other stuff. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

My favourite area at night are the Greenfields- lots of really good, varied music by live acts all through the day and night- they have a few different venues (Toad Hall, Croissant Neuf, Mandala, and Small World). They're so close together you can pop past each until you find something that grabs you. Some of my favourite performances have been there. 

Also circus field is worth a potter about at night- not so much for music, but to see stuff you might not otherwise see, also they have some stand up and other stuff. 

Totally agree with this, Green Futures is my favourite place, see you there.  

Charm x

I like to go and see some dance acts late on but like a bit of variety too, although I have managed to find indie discos and various other things they often don't seem to go on too late. Some of the group I am going this year are really not into the dance scene so I'm hoping we can find stuff to please everyone.

One year we found a DJ in one of the bars (want to say The Village Inn, is that a bar on site??) that was basically playing a wedding disco style set. Loads of cheesy tunes and sing alongs, the place was jumping! At a different festival last year there was a late night Abba disco which I got dragged along to expecting it to be a bit rubbish but it was brilliant, never realised how many Abba songs I knew!

44 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

People often recommend Chameleon Bar for Propaganda although it's pretty basic indie stuff and there's only so many times you can hear Take Me Out or Mr Brightside.

I saw a post saying that this/kasba aren't there anymore, but where was this? 

Our group often plan to head to the SE corner each night, but often stop off at Brothers Bar for a pint and end up getting sucked in to the wedding style cheese they’re playing. 

2016 in particular .. all the football songs! 

24 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yep seen some really excellent bands at Croissant Neuf well past bedtime for the main stages, and Small World is a real treasure with a very eclectic mix of music on very late, as well as just brilliant hot drinks and braziers for the cooler later hours

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I saw a post saying that this/kasba aren't there anymore, but where was this? 

There is still a bar sign on the map where it was so presuming someone else taking it over, hope they still have late night discos on