Flags: Where can I order one?

douglasmanso

15 hours ago, SouthbanKen said:

We get it, you don’t like flags. Some people do. 

Unfortunately it's thousands of people who can't see the band so that a few people can take their flags to the stages. Which one do you think should do the decent thing here?

15 hours ago, SouthbanKen said:

Some people think that the late night venues have damaged the camp fire vibe, you want to ban them too? 

Are you a real person?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, duke88 said:

I've always thought it must be a right pain in the arse having to lug the thing round all day. Standing there holding a massive pole while you're watching a band. What enjoyment do people get out of it?

"Look, Mum, That's me on the Telly"

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, duke88 said:

I've always thought it must be a right pain in the arse having to lug the thing round all day. Standing there holding a massive pole while you're watching a band. What enjoyment do people get out of it?

I've always wondered exactly the same thing. Can't be bothered to read the whole thread but has anybody who takes a flag to the stages explained why they do it?

59 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

I've always wondered exactly the same thing. Can't be bothered to read the whole thread but has anybody who takes a flag to the stages explained why they do it?

Something to do with 'being creative' and a homing beacon for mates with no sense of direction. Or in short 'being a dick'. #lookatmeonthetellybox

9 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Something to do with 'being creative' and a homing beacon for mates with no sense of direction. Or in short 'being a dick'. #lookatmeonthetellybox

Not buying it.

No friend of mine is going to get me to lug round a heavy 20ft flag pole just so that they can find me when they need to. We just meet by the ice cream van.

10 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

No friend of mine is going to get me to lug round a heavy 20ft flag pole just so that they can find me when they need to. We just meet by the ice cream van.

Very KLF, I approve this message. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I find even carrying a small rucksack with beer and bog roll a bloody pain especially when getting right into a band . Sod carrying a twelve foot fishing rod with a bedsheet attached with hello mum scribbled on it and a fold up chair. 

Your poor Mum :(

Thought of this thread last night.  We went to see the Doonicans - great fun as usual and had a brilliant night.  They sung a song about festivals which had the line - The pillocks on their camping chairs, in the moshpit what a farce, Don’t stand in front of me with your flag, or that pole goes up yer arse.

Next time I see them will be in Avalon.  Not long now!

• Upvote 2

On 5/14/2019 at 12:25 PM, duke88 said:

Standing there holding a massive pole while you are watching a band?

oooooh missus 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Username taken said:

I don’t bring a flag but a lot of these complaints are being wilfully obtuse.

The complaints from people who can't see an act because of flags in front of them is a valid one. Not really wilfully obtuse at all. In fact, to claim that they are wilfully obtuse is probably more wilfully obtuse. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 8:56 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The complaints from people who can't see an act because of flags in front of them is a valid one. Not really wilfully obtuse at all. In fact, to claim that they are wilfully obtuse is probably more wilfully obtuse. 

Nice of you to edit out the actual complaint I was referring to

On 5/14/2019 at 12:25 PM, duke88 said:

It's not any enjoyment thing, it's a practical thing.

We have a 2.7m flagpole that collapses down to 40cm and fits in a backpack.  It's used for meeting up before a band starts.  No matter where you walk into the field, it's easy to spot the group. Once everyone meets up, the flag goes down.  If anyone nips to the toilet, the flag gets popped backup until they get back. 

Edited by StevieMcK

1 hour ago, StevieMcK said:

We have a 2.7m flagpole that collapses down to 40cm and fits in a backpack.  It's used for meeting up before a band starts.  No matter where you walk into the field, it's easy to spot the group. Once everyone meets up, the flag goes down.  If anyone nips to the toilet, the flag gets popped backup until they get back. 

hoist the  flag, I need a shite. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, StevieMcK said:

have you lot not heard of lightup pyramid stage hats .... these flag things are old school !! :) 

Only read the last page but surprised at the flag hatred?! I've always felt the flags are one of the things that makes Glastonbury, Glastonbury (do other festivals have them? only ever really done Glastonbury).  I always like the seeing the flags above the crowds, adds a bit of character and there's usually a few funny ones.

I've never taken one, and have no intention of doing so, but i've used other peoples as a way to help locate my mates and when going for a piss or a pint. I can honestly say, i've never really had them getting in my way when watching a band either, maybe its because i'm tall, but can't see how that would make much difference as i'm not taller than a 20ft flag poll!