Flags: Where can I order one?

douglasmanso

The poor guy from Brazil now thinks he's going to get lynched for turning up with a flag!

Don't worry OP - there's more hostility here for flags than there is at the Pyramid!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Fork_UK said:

Actually, MrZigster complained that they were all narcissists and show-offs.  Which are extrovert traits - this seemed to be his secondary argument after them getting in his eye-line.  

Erm? Way to put words into my mouth?

Where did I say all flag bearers are narcissists? I merely pointed out that I feel that there is a high probability that some are, given their obvious lack of empathy for how their behaviour effects other people and also their inability to concede a well made point (e.g. that flags block others views (I mean? Seriously?). These are classic narcissistic traits, not extrovert ones.

I know plenty of extroverts who are neither selfish nor narcissistic.

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/mental-disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder.htm/

1 hour ago, HeyPorter said:

“Flags down or the act ain’t coming on!” should work nicely. 

They did something like this at West holts--told the flag bearer to re-furl their flag as people wouldn't be able to see as everyone had paid the same money to see the act on next

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

And @crazyfool1 as he does have a gigantic hat that blocks the views of hundreds/thousands of people behind him.

its ok ... a few people under the influence might believe they have a fantastic view ..... just get a bit confused why the ribbon tower is in the pyramid field :) 

55 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Glastonbury was special long before flags became a thing and flags are only predominant on televised stages.

Ergo they are not needed to create any specialness and serve mainly as silly vanity items that piss off a good number of folk.

If you must take a flag please stand at the back. This would probably make life easier for your friends that seem to suffer from an appalling lack of basic navigation skills too.

That's terrible logic.  Here's a list of things Glastonbury didn't have the first time I went and it was special then:

• The Park
  • A large Pyramid Stage
  • Toilets being regularly emptied
  • Drainage
  • The Glade
  • Seating
  • More than one dance venue
  • Widely available good coffee

Ergo they are not needed?

Flags can be pretty annoying, but "Glastonbury was special long before flags became a thing" is no argument.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Perhaps @crazyfool1 could fit a screen at the back and a camera at the front becoming transparent (sort of) ?

damn thats my 2020 secret leaked already ..... seriously though I tend to arrive early for acts and dont go so close to the front ... and won't be wearing the ribbon tower where it obstructs views .... Im also quite aware of people around me ... I think the novelty of the hats also placates peoples annoyance and  sharing a few drinks and photos if people want them also helps .... if Im blocking your view please pm me on here :) i will be on my phone filming the gig anyway :) 

Edited by crazyfool1
I won't be !! :)

Nobody mentioning the odious 'Double Flaggers'?

One flag not enough?

I know, lets attach multiple flags to the same pole just in case someone behind us catches a fleeting glimpse of the act we've been looking forward to seeing all year. ?

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 18.31.44.png

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's terrible logic.  Here's a list of things Glastonbury didn't have the first time I went and it was special then:

• The Park
  • A large Pyramid Stage
  • Drainage
  • The Glade
  • Seating

Flags can be pretty annoying, but "Glastonbury was special long before flags became a thing" is no argument.

The logic is sound. I was disputing that flags at the stages make Glastonbury 'special'. You just listed a load of stuff that has changed over time, another straw-man argument.

BTW it was better 'back then'. ?

P.S. there is another difference, non of the things you listed get in the way of the fuc&ing stage!

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

10 minutes ago, Splonk said:

Nobody mentioning the odious 'Double Flaggers'?

One flag not enough?

I know, lets attach multiple flags to the same pole just in case someone behind us catches a fleeting glimpse of the act we've been looking forward to seeing all year. ?

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 18.31.44.png

How posters can say with a straight face that the flags are all about creativity and artistry, rather than just so people can see themselves on telly is beyond me! Just look at that shower of flags- canada, england, australia, a "CJs one, a "Jen" one, a pokeamon one and a Suzuki one

46 minutes ago, fuztownsend01 said:

flags like this.....

flag.jpg.a1c38da797162fa5f1ba30586784e79c.jpg

Saul' Goodman...

Notice how they do not install them where they will get on peoples tits..  Knobhead's stood in front of a main stage all day with fishing rod flags on the other hand.........

It's all about the artful creativity, man! Nothing says Glastonbury more than an Australian flag or one that says "Jen" with a down arrow - I wouldn't know what festival I was attending without them... 

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

• The Park
  • A large Pyramid Stage
  • Drainage
  • The Glade
  • Seating

Thank you, exactly what I wanted to say and said in a polite manner that I simply did not have the energy for. 

2 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

The logic is sound. I was disputing that flags at the stages make Glastonbury 'special'. You just listed a load of stuff that has changed over time, another straw-man argument.

BTW it was better 'back then'. ?

P.S. there is another difference, non of the things you listed get in the way of the fuc&ing stage!

As per my original post, I said it’s part of what makes it special. I even said a small part. You are now building a straw man to attack my argument, 

We get it, you don’t like flags. Some people do. 

Some people think that the late night venues have damaged the camp fire vibe, you want to ban them too? 

They must piss off the tv directors when they are trying to film an act. The multiple flags on the one pole annoy me.

And I don’t like the idea of football related flags and indeed any football colours at the festival. The football seasons over, time to forget all that tribalism that surrounds football and enjoy the music. I see enough of that all year without it at glasto. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

As per my original post, I said it’s part of what makes it special. I even said a small part. You are now building a straw man to attack my argument, 

We get it, you don’t like flags. Some people do. 

Some people think that the late night venues have damaged the camp fire vibe, you want to ban them too? 

Incredible, literally.

Back in the olden days, when V Festival existed, it was noticeable that the Chelmsford site had flags and the Stafford site didn't.  Guess which one was televised?  The Stafford crowd didn't seem to need them to find each other but the Essex people did.

7 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Back in the olden days, when V Festival existed, it was noticeable that the Chelmsford site had flags and the Stafford site didn't.  Guess which one was televised?  The Stafford crowd didn't seem to need them to find each other but the Essex people did.

i thought it was cos northerners couldn't afford flags...?

</runs> 

:P 

I don’t mind the flags but what I do mind is the assumption that extroverts have less empathy.  Because we interact more with our world than others we can be far more empathetic than Bloody introvert wan*ers.?

• Downvote 1