Flags: Where can I order one?

douglasmanso

13 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

Yeah, please don't.   This is the view from further back:

Image result for glastonbury flags

Yay!! I can see our smiley flag which will be very much missed this year. Sorry your view was blocked..I've never had them bother me at all.

Ps the flag is brought as there are a shit load of mates there and it's so we can find each other and it works a treat

Edited by Helsbels
Extra info
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

Yay!! I can see our smiley flag which will be very much missed this year. Sorry your view was blocked..I've never had them bother me at all.

Ps the flag is brought as there are a shit load of mates there and it's so we can find each other and it works a treat

Hmm... doesn't this just reinforce what most people are saying?  a) Yay we can see our flag  b) it didn't bother us as we're at the front  c) sod everyone else, it's all about us

Edited by Beerqueen
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

50 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

Well that's alright then ?

2 hours ago, Helsbels said:

Excellent. As long as you are all sorted, that's the main thing. 

17 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I accept that they block people’s views, but for me the sea of flags is quintessentially Glastonbury. It wouldn’t be same without them IMO.

Perhaps you could write to the festival and ask them to install more flags in Flagtopia. Then you could stare at flags all day and enjoy quintessential Glastonbury with other like minded flag lovers. 

Edited by musky

12 hours ago, fuztownsend01 said:

flag.jpg.34badc8ec98ca63fc5a1e8a33da51b1c.jpg

?

Haha in 2010 there was a flag that said Clunge. Unusually for me I found it hilarious.

I don't remember ever having my view blocked/ruined by a flag but I'm never that close to the front. I think there are less of them these days.  Overall I don't mind them.

On 5/10/2019 at 10:11 AM, guypjfreak said:

Anyone that wonders around with a bloody great flag just so that they can say hey that's me isn't there for the festival there self centered c.. Ts that ruin people's view block up the passage ways and worst than all that ARE NOT DRINKING PROPERLY...... Because you can't drink properly whilst holding a stupid bloody flag.. 

FLAGS ARE FOR CAMPS NOT FOR WALKIES 

They're often for meeting people under.

Edited by Homer

5 hours ago, musky said:

Perhaps you could write to the festival and ask them to install more flags in Flagtopia. Then you could stare at flags all day and enjoy quintessential Glastonbury with other like minded flag lovers. 

That’s ok, I’m happy where they are... right in front of the Pyramid.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Someone had a flag right at the front of the stage at the Jacksons in 2017 and no-one could see at all.  Until a rather tanked up guy went storming to the front, pushing past everyone to tell them to take it down (he may have wrestled it out of their hands, the mood he was in).  Everyone cheered when it was down.

There's the famous Glastonbury spirit

Edited by Voucher Boy
Spelling

21 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Someone had a flag right at the front of the stage at the Jacksons in 2017 and no-one could see at all.  Until a rather tanked up guy went storming to the front, pushing past everyone to tell them to take it down (he may have wrestled it out of their hands, the mood he was in).  Everyone cheered when it was down.

Was it a red flag?

On 5/10/2019 at 6:02 PM, Beerqueen said:

I wish he'd stormed to the sound desk and wrestled the deaf twat. Pathetic sound.

To all the prats who think it's justifiable to spoil everyone else's view with the "It's so we can find our way back to our mates", BS.

LEARN TO TRIANGULATE, YOU SELFISH PRICKS.

You're down from one landmark and across from another. Draw a straight line from each and that's where you are.

FFS I was about five or six when I was taught that in order to find family on a crowded beach. If a six year old can do it, you do not need a bloody flag.

And we all know it's a BS excuse. You're really carrying a flag to see if you can spot your vain, selfish arse on the telly, aren't you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

12 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

To all the prats who think it's justifiable to spoil everyone else's view with the "It's so we can find our way back to our mates", BS.

LEARN TO TRIANGULATE, YOU SELFISH PRICKS.

You're down from one landmark and across from another. Draw a straight line from each and that's where you are.

FFS I was about five or six when I was taught that in order to find family on a crowded beach. If a six year old can do it, you do not need a bloody flag.

And we all know it's a BS excuse. You're really carrying a flag to see if you can spot your vain, selfish arse on the telly, aren't you.

Nailed it

• Upvote 2

Neither flags nor umbrellas have any place at a music festival other than in the campsite. Dress appropriately for the weather, carry a waterproof and check your surroundings before leaving your spot for beverages etc. Please always think how your actions impacts others. :)

• Upvote 2

Something that @BlackHole2006 said in our Bearded group chat made me think.

I find people standing in front of me filming on their phones far more intrusive/annoying and otherwise detrimental to my enjoyment of the gig when compared to a few flags. 

However I accept that flags are an annoyance to many. If you must take one to a stage please take it down before the music starts.

• Upvote 2