Flags: Where can I order one?

douglasmanso

Hi guys! My second Glasto here! 

Going all the way from Brazil to England for Glasto! Couldn’t be more excited after two years waiting!

me and my friends decided to make our “special” and unique flag for Glasto. But it’s kind of hard and expensive to make one here in Brazil and take all the way to UK. So I was thinking about order my flag somewhere in UK and pick it up before Glasto.

Does anyone knows a good place to order mine? Thanks!

I've got a 8ftx5ft Union Jack flag with Motorhead printed across it. If I don't get a ticket you can borrow it so I can spot you on the tv. Make sure you get right down the front of the pyramid and stay there all weekend!!

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Cooter said:

I've got a 8ftx5ft Union Jack flag with Motorhead printed across it. If I don't get a ticket you can borrow it so I can spot you on the tv. Make sure you get right down the front of the pyramid and stay there all weekend!!

Pfft. That's too small. I take a 20ft banner with "Fuck you titch," printed on it. 

2 hours ago, douglasmanso said:

Going all the way from Brazil to England for Glasto! Couldn’t be more excited after two years waiting!

me and my friends decided to make our “special” and unique flag for Glasto. But it’s kind of hard and expensive to make one here in Brazil and take all the way to UK. So I was thinking about order my flag somewhere in UK and pick it up before Glasto.

I can't see how making your own flag in Brazil would be that expensive, as there's plenty of suppliers on ebay (for example) that would post to Brazil for a minimum fee. Given that the material will just be something like nylon, why not get a blank white sheet of it, and create your own? You could use marker pens paint etc. It really wouldn't weigh much to be even a consideration on the plane, and would compact quite nicely. 

It goes without saying, keep your flag at the campsite, and don't piss others off by taking it on a pole to the music stages. there's absolutely no need for people to do this. Those doing it are, essentially, saying to all ' Hello, I'm a selfish w*nker'.

• Upvote 6

On 5/9/2019 at 10:31 AM, Stokesy10 said:

It better have a Wolves head on it...

? what kind of monster are you?

Seriously though, I may still have a Brazil flag from when I hosted a World Cup party a few years back, not large though. If I can find it I’m happy to take along and gift it to the OP at the fest. ?

Anyone that wonders around with a bloody great flag just so that they can say hey that's me isn't there for the festival there self centered c.. Ts that ruin people's view block up the passage ways and worst than all that ARE NOT DRINKING PROPERLY...... Because you can't drink properly whilst holding a stupid bloody flag.. 

FLAGS ARE FOR CAMPS NOT FOR WALKIES 

• Upvote 5

On 5/8/2019 at 7:12 PM, douglasmanso said:

http://letmegooglethat.com/

22 minutes ago, Wazzyj2w said:

Wow you are all very touchy RE flags. Do you not often use them to meet your friends at a stage? I mean without them it's pretty much just a field with thousands of people in, wouldn't be easy 

It is a touchy subject, but you can see from the picture above there is a reason - if folks have waited months or years to see an artist and then can't because of someone near the front they get a bit feisty.

It's unfortunate for the poster though, so nice to see a few friendly and informative posts :) 

I love the flags.  Yes you can't see much, but seeing the tiny dots on the stage half a mile away doesn't really enhance my experience of the music, so I don't care.  Standing in a crowd singing along with thousands of other people is what makes a gig for me!  The view of the crowd with the stage in the background with flags scattered about the middle ground is so iconic, I love it!

@douglasmanso, a quick Google brings up this company:  https://www.contrado.co.uk/flag-printing , who will print flags on a variety of materials and in lots of styles and have their own little design page, where you can customise to your heart's content!  Seems like the base price is £24+£4 for shipping.  

Dunno how that compares to prices in Brazil, though.  

Edited by Fork_UK